Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Columbus @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, FS-O


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

IT'S GAME DAY 

 Columbus @ Montreal  TSN2, RDS, FS-O, TSN 690

 

$_20.JPG

7:30 est

Carey Price is back in net for the Montreal Canadiens, their losing streak is over, and it seems as though the team may be heading in the right direction.

However, they don't have an easy task ahead, as the Columbus Blue Jackets return to the Bell Centre on Monday night, and are hoping to keep their strong play going.

The Canadiens (9-12-3) had lost five straight games before shutting out the Buffalo Sabres 3-0 on Saturday night. Forwards Paul Byron and Alex Galchenyuk each had a goal and an assist in the victory. All-star goaltender Carey Price, who hadn't played since November 2, returned to his usual form, stopping 36 Sabres shots en route to his first shutout of the season, and 40th of his illustrious NHL career.

Their counterpart in the Blue Jackets (15-7-1) are riding a season-high six-game winning streak, having not lost since a 3-1 defeat at the hands of the Carolina Hurricanes on November 10.

Part of their winning streak includes a 2-1 overtime victory against the Canadiens back on November 14. Defenceman Zach Werenski got a wrist shot past Canadiens rookie goaltender Charlie Lindgren to win the game just over a minute into the extra frame.

Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky has also won his last five starts, including two shutouts. Last year's Vezina Trophy winner has 14 wins, second most in the entire NHL.

The Canadiens are led in goals by Brendan Gallagher with nine, while the points lead goes to Jonathan Drouin with 15. The Blue Jackets lead tally is the eight goals scored by Josh Anderson, and Artemi Panarin has equalled Drouin's 15 points.

kinot-2's GDT Record 5-5-0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PREDICTION:

I think it's back to reality with this game.  Columbus is officially a powerhouse.  They're only one point out of first place in their division, with one of the highest positive goal differentials in the league.  A strong winning record in both home and away games.  The Habs are the opposite of a powerhouse. They have a losing record in both home and away games, with the third-worst negative goal differential in the NHL.  And unfortunately, I am of the opinion that Price's shutout last game will be the anomaly, and he will soon return to his below-standard form as mirrored by the rest of the team.  For example, Alzner as #1 Defenseman will not get a "free pass" like he did vs. lowly Buffalo. 

4-2 Jackets, but history has shown that the score could be a lot worse.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

PREDICTION:

I think it's back to reality with this game.  Columbus is officially a powerhouse.  They're only one point out of first place in their division, with one of the highest positive goal differentials in the league.  A strong winning record in both home and away games.  The Habs are the opposite of a powerhouse. They have a losing record in both home and away games, with the third-worst negative goal differential in the NHL.  And unfortunately, I am of the opinion that Price's shutout last game will be the anomaly, and he will soon return to his below-standard form as mirrored by the rest of the team.  For example, Alzner as #1 Defenseman will not get a "free pass" like he did vs. lowly Buffalo. 

4-2 Jackets, but history has shown that the score could be a lot worse.  

Shh!  No 'back to reality' stuff!! :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

PREDICTION:

I think it's back to reality with this game.  Columbus is officially a powerhouse.  They're only one point out of first place in their division, with one of the highest positive goal differentials in the league.  A strong winning record in both home and away games.  The Habs are the opposite of a powerhouse. They have a losing record in both home and away games, with the third-worst negative goal differential in the NHL.  And unfortunately, I am of the opinion that Price's shutout last game will be the anomaly, and he will soon return to his below-standard form as mirrored by the rest of the team.  For example, Alzner as #1 Defenseman will not get a "free pass" like he did vs. lowly Buffalo. 

4-2 Jackets, but history has shown that the score could be a lot worse.  

I hate to one of the few positive ones , but I think we can win this game. This will be a good starting point to a strong comeback. Hopefully Carey can be himself and we can bury some of our shot attempts. Hopefully Pac's can get back on a roll and Chucky can go on a streak and Drouin can break his slump!

                                                                                    GO HABS GO!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I like the way you think.

plus, if we dont, we can always #BlameKinot

Oh ye of little faith. Methinks you won't be blaming me for the loss, because we're gonna win. :banana_dancing:

 

1 minute ago, archey said:

Really? BWS

Yes, really. QVL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maas_art said:

I actually have a gut feeling we will to, to be honest. But then im kind of an optimist ;)

Maybe this might change your mind.

 

"BY THE NUMBERS"

-13: The Canadiens' 5-on-5 goal differential, which ranks 28th in the NHL despite being ranked fourth in 5-on-5 shot-attempts percentage (52.5%) and fifth in shots-for percentage (52.9%).

2: The Blue Jackets have held opponents to two-or-fewer goals in all six of their victories during the win streak.

6: Goals allowed by Bobrovsky during the Blue Jackets' six-game win streak.

8: Victories for Columbus against Atlantic Division opponents this season (8-1-1). The Jackets are 15-4-2 in their past 21 games against the Atlantic.

15: Number of games the Blue Jackets have outshot their opponent thus far. That's 65.2 percent of the 23 games they've played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  

We are currently not accepting any new subscriptions but please enjoy our complimentary back-issue. :P

 

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Maybe this might change your mind.

 

"BY THE NUMBERS"

-13: The Canadiens' 5-on-5 goal differential, which ranks 28th in the NHL despite being ranked fourth in 5-on-5 shot-attempts percentage (52.5%) and fifth in shots-for percentage (52.9%).

2: The Blue Jackets have held opponents to two-or-fewer goals in all six of their victories during the win streak.

6: Goals allowed by Bobrovsky during the Blue Jackets' six-game win streak.

8: Victories for Columbus against Atlantic Division opponents this season (8-1-1). The Jackets are 15-4-2 in their past 21 games against the Atlantic.

15: Number of games the Blue Jackets have outshot their opponent thus far. That's 65.2 percent of the 23 games they've played.

Shuddup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Well,,,,, if we play as well as we did vs the Sabres then CP better be in Vezina form. We were just brutal against Buffalo.

Of course, Buffalo played even worse, and the Habs are notorious for playing down to the level of their opponent.  Tonight, their opponent is a much better team, and as crazy as it is, the Habs often raise their game against better teams.  But I think Columbus not only outclasses Montreal, but they're the hot team right now with the winning streak.  I think they've been using the 10-0 walloping they gave this team last year as inspiration.  I don't think they're going to respect the Habs one bit.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

Of course, Buffalo played even worse, and the Habs are notorious for playing down to the level of their opponent.  Tonight, their opponent is a much better team, and as crazy as it is, the Habs often raise their game against better teams.  But I think Columbus not only outclasses Montreal, but they're the hot team right now with the winning streak.  I think they've been using the 10-0 walloping they gave this team last year as inspiration.  I don't think they're going to respect the Habs one bit.  

No doubt. If we play the giveaway game and turtle dance that we displayed vs the Sabres, It's going to be ugly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...