The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Columbus @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, FS-O

kinot-2

Just now, Netcase2 said:

Omg our D

Again, Petry playing hurt... that leaves Mete and Jerabek (two rookies whom I haven't seen much of tonight), slow man Jordie Benn, AHL-quality Karl Alzner, and a guy who can't play defence in Joe Morrow. So...

Not much Julien can do. Bergevin has provided him with an utter gongshow on the blue line. We miss Subban.

Just now, Clues said:

This is actually the first thing I have baked for the holidays. I will be sure to share pictures of things I bake in the future! If I remember. :P

I hear that shorbreads have to sit for a month. :) . I don't bake as I rely on others to do the baking :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, kalevine said:

they were singing deslaurier's praises on the French feed.

Froese looks utterly useless and lost

4th line has looked bad most of the year. McCarron didn't adjust well to playing there. Hemsky was awful. Des La Froese is just brutal, all of them. Terry is not an answer. Mitchell was traded. I'll take Carr, I'll take Scherbak if healthy, and I'll take Shaw at center down there when Lehkonen's back... but in its current incarnation, those aren't NHL quality players. Even if you're a 4th liner, you still have to be able to score 6-8 goals a year. These players don't look capable of even that.

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

4th line has looked bad most of the year. McCarron didn't adjust well to playing there. Hemsky was awful. Des La Froese is just brutal, all of them. Terry is not an answer. Mitchell was traded. I'll take Carr, I'll take Scherbak if healthy, and I'll take Shaw at center down there when Lehkonen's back... but in its current incarnation, those aren't NHL quality players. Even if you're a 4th liner, you still have to be able to score 6-8 goals a year. These players don't look capable of even that.

I am hoping Scherbak can get on one of the top two lines

1 minute ago, kalevine said:

I am hoping Scherbak can get on one of the top two lines

Ideally he's a top 9 player, but who would you take out? He's a winger, not a center, so our top 6 wingers are Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and Lehkonen. Scherbak likley isn't displacing those players, nor Hudon and maybe not even Byron.

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Ideally he's a top 9 player, but who would you take out? He's a winger, not a center, so our top 6 wingers are Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and Lehkonen. Scherbak likley isn't displacing those players, nor Hudon and maybe not even Byron.

yeah maybe 3rd line for now