Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs1952

The Rest of the NHL

990 posts in this topic

For subjects/discussion about the NHL not related to the Habs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If NHL owners discussed between themselves what salary they were going to pay their players would that be collusion?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

If NHL owners discussed between themselves what salary they were going to pay their players would that be collusion?

It would but when you see GMs overpaying for certain players (see Shaw), then there would be no collusion. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

It would but when you see GMs overpaying for certain players (see Shaw), then there would be no collusion. 

Then why isn't it collusion when 2 players discuss amongst each other what they will be demanding salary wise? (Karlsson and Doughty)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New York Rangers are worth an NHL-high $1.5 billion as team values continue to rise, according to the latest estimate by Forbes.

In its annual list of franchise valuations, Forbes says the average NHL team is now worth $594 million, up 15 per cent from a year ago. It comes on the heels of Bill Foley's group paying $500 million for the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, who come in 14th among 31 teams.

The Rangers lead the NHL for the third consecutive year. After the Rangers, the Toronto Maple Leafs are second at $1.4 billion, the Montreal Canadiens third at $1.25 billion and the Chicago Blackhawks fourth at $1 billion.

 

The back-to-back Stanley Cup-champion Pittsburgh Penguins come in 10th at $650 million. The Arizona Coyotes are last at $300 million.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

The New York Rangers are worth an NHL-high $1.5 billion as team values continue to rise, according to the latest estimate by Forbes.

In its annual list of franchise valuations, Forbes says the average NHL team is now worth $594 million, up 15 per cent from a year ago. It comes on the heels of Bill Foley's group paying $500 million for the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, who come in 14th among 31 teams.

The Rangers lead the NHL for the third consecutive year. After the Rangers, the Toronto Maple Leafs are second at $1.4 billion, the Montreal Canadiens third at $1.25 billion and the Chicago Blackhawks fourth at $1 billion.

 

The back-to-back Stanley Cup-champion Pittsburgh Penguins come in 10th at $650 million. The Arizona Coyotes are last at $300 million.

Meh...everything costs a lot more in New York city.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously the league is no longer calling interference penalties. I guess slashing is the penalty du jour.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/951231362958180352

If you can get Duclair for Panik and Dauphin you've got to wonder if Byron+Juulsen might have moved the needle. Maybe not since Dauphin has a bigger track record of AHL scoring but it seems like Juulsen would be in the ballpark at least.

Feels like we really missed out on this one, and I don't know why Arizona would do this. Chicago just got a young middle six scorer who could easily become a solid core player for 50 cents on the dollar.

Edited by Noob616
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We missed it by that much. :rolleyes:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Sens making a game of it. Up 2-1 after 2 periods

Now 3-2 Sens.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Noob616 said:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/951231362958180352

If you can get Duclair for Panik and Dauphin you've got to wonder if Byron+Juulsen might have moved the needle. Maybe not since Dauphin has a bigger track record of AHL scoring but it seems like Juulsen would be in the ballpark at least.

Feels like we really missed out on this one, and I don't know why Arizona would do this. Chicago just got a young middle six scorer who could easily become a solid core player for 50 cents on the dollar.

Not what we need at all, we have plenty of quality wingers better then duclair, and giving up a dee is not what we need to be doing, if you need to package julsen in a trade say with Patches,  I would be looking to at something like  Oliver Ekman Larson and Christian Dvorak.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ravadak said:

Not what we need at all, we have plenty of quality wingers better then duclair, and giving up a dee is not what we need to be doing, if you need to package julsen in a trade say with Patches,  I would be looking to at something like  Oliver Ekman Larson and Christian Dvorak.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't have wanted Duclair as the main piece back in a Pacioretty trade, but the Blackhawks got him for Panik who is basically a Byron tier player and a D prospect. We have depth at the wings now, but if Pacioretty gets traded for a center or defender then Duclair at age 22 would fit perfectly in with Drouin/Hudon/Lehkonen/Gallagher/Galchenyuk as part of a future forward core. Lehkonen and Hudon both play well on the right side too, so Duclair would fit well on the left.

Oh well it's a done deal and I don't think Duclair is some secret superstar in waiting but I think he'd have been a really cheap top 6 winger with some size and I think Byron could have formed the basis of a competitive package for him if he went for Panik and a D prospect. 

Edited by Noob616
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Yeah I certainly wouldn't have wanted Duclair as the main piece back in a Pacioretty trade, but the Blackhawks got him for Panik who is basically a Byron tier player and a D prospect. We have depth at the wings now, but if Pacioretty gets traded for a center or defender then Duclair at age 22 would fit perfectly in with Drouin/Hudon/Lehkonen/Gallagher/Galchenyuk as part of a future forward core. Lehkonen and Hudon both play well on the right side too, so Duclair would fit well on the left.

Oh well it's a done deal and I don't think Duclair is some secret superstar in waiting but I think he'd have been a really cheap top 6 winger with some size and I think Byron could have formed the basis of a competitive package for him if he went for Panik and a D prospect. 

Yeah but i suspect Duclair will be asking for a hefty raise next year.  Bergevin would have probably given him a stupid contract (you know how he likes to pay those RFA's with grit)  so maybe its not the worst thing we didnt get him...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Columbus forward Sonny Milano will miss 4 - 6 weeks due to a torn oblique muscle.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh goaltender will leave the team indefinitely due to the death of his father.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Chicago goaltender Corey Crawford may miss the remainder of the season due to an undisclosed injury.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona has assigned goaltender Sean Maguire from Fort Wayne of the ECHL to Tucson of the AHL.  

 


 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Chicago goaltender Corey Crawford may miss the remainder of the season due to an undisclosed injury.  

 

 

Possibly a concussion from early in the season? Post-concussion syndrome?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Chicago goaltender Corey Crawford may miss the remainder of the season due to an undisclosed injury.  

no way Chicago goes into the playoffs without a solid option. They've had 2 straight bad playoffs, they will have to make a play for a top goalie.  I dont think many are available though. 

but if they really want, we'll flip them Price for concussion-riddled crawford.   Just toss in Toews & we're even :)


Seriously though, would they have interest in the return of Neimi? He won a cup with them...  Prob not, unless Waite went with him, lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Rangers' Kevin Shattenkirk will have surgery for a meniscus tear in his left knee and be out indefinitely.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Edmonton center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will miss 5 - 6 weeks due to cracked ribs.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Edmonton center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will miss 5 - 6 weeks due to cracked ribs.  

Interesting.  If there was any legs to Patches for RNH +  this could help us because Edmonton could use a healthy Patches to try to make that playoff push, while we can take on an injured RNH and help us tank further...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL.com.  Los Angeles Kings forward Dustin Brown has been fined $10,000 for cross checking Pittsburgh defenseman Justin Schultz.  The incident occurred at 6:36 of the third period.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.