Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs1952

The Rest of the NHL

1,064 posts in this topic

NHL.com.  St Louis defenseman Joel Edmundson has been placed on injured reserve after surgery for a broken right wrist.  He will be re-evaluated in six weeks.  

NHL.com.  Calgary forward Troy Brouwer is week to week with a facial fracture.  

Eller signed a 5 year, 17.5M (3.5M/Y) extension with the Capitals today. Nice to see him get rewarded, I think he's a perfect modern two way 3C and he fits in well in Washington behind Backstrom and Kuznetsov. It's a bit of a shame he's not still in Montreal, I think a Galchenyuk-Eller-Drouin line would basically be a diet version of Pacioretty, Danault, and Radulov were and be nearly as effective.

Edited by Noob616

NHL.com.  Ottawa has signed GM Pierre Dorion to a three year extension.  

NHL.com.  San Jose forward Joel Ward is out indefinitely with an injury to his right arm.  

NHL.com.  Las Vegas goaltender Malcolm Subban will be out indefinitely with an upper body injury.  

NHL.com.  Buffalo's Jack Eichel left last night's game with Boston with an injury after a collision behind the Bruins' net.  

NHL.com.  Florida and Colton Sceviour have agreed to terms on a three year contract extension.  

NHL.com.  Buffalo center Jack Eichel is out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain.  

NHL.com.  Rangers goaltender Ondrej Pavelec will miss 2 - 3 weeks with a sprained MCL.  

NHL.com.  Goaltender Cory Schneider will miss the rest of the week with a hip/groin injury.  

NHL.com.  Defenseman Steven Kampfer will miss 4 - 6 weeks with a broken hand.  

NHL.com.  Seattle has now applied for an expansion team at a cost of $650 million.  

NHL.com.  Vancouver has signed general manager Jim Benning to a multiyear contract extension.  

Anaheim has assigned defenseman Korbinian Holzer to San Diego of the AHL.  

Los Angeles has recalled forward Michael Mensch from Ontario of the AHL.  

Leafs trade Soshnikov to Blues for 4th-round pick

Seems like kind of an odd move TBH.  

Interesting piece re the Isles. A GoFundMe page has been set up to finance a billboard calling for Snow to go. 

From the GoFundMe page: 

"It’s time to send a clear message to Islanders owners Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin. Fans will no longer tolerate the culture of losing surrounding this franchise. Help us send a message and tell ownership that “SNOW MUST GO” on a poster board within a half mile of the Barclays Center."

Rather than showing up with paper bags on their head (possibly with increasingly creative faces), an enterprising group of Islanders fans decided to buy a strategically placed billboard to voice their displeasure about Garth Snow. To do so, they put together a Go Fund Me account, and that drive basically only took about an hour to hit the $2,725 goal.

The board will cost $2,500 for four weeks, with an additional $225 material/printing charge from the company. With enough support quickly, this can be finalized and posted by 2/26.

Gives one pause to consider options. 

Bold is mine.

Edited by kinot-2

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Interesting piece re the Isles. A GoFundMe page has been set up to finance a billboard calling for Snow to go. 

From the GoFundMe page: 

"It’s time to send a clear message to Islanders owners Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin. Fans will no longer tolerate the culture of losing surrounding this franchise. Help us send a message and tell ownership that “SNOW MUST GO” on a poster board within a half mile of the Barclays Center."

Rather than showing up with paper bags on their head (possibly with increasingly creative faces), an enterprising group of Islanders fans decided to buy a strategically placed billboard to voice their displeasure about Garth Snow. To do so, they put together a Go Fund Me account, and that drive basically only took about an hour to hit the $2,725 goal.

The board will cost $2,500 for four weeks, with an additional $225 material/printing charge from the company. With enough support quickly, this can be finalized and posted by 2/26.

Gives one pause to consider options. 

Bold is mine.

21 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Well,,,, i'd throw in a few bucks to get rid of MB.

MB-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

MB-1.jpg

I could live with that billboard. Might be a little nastier if they asked me to put it together.:P

Chicago Blackhawks acquire forward Chris DiDomenico from Ottawa Senators in exchange for defenseman Ville Pokka.

NHL.com.  Rangers forward Pavel Buchnevich returns against Ottawa.