Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs1952

The Rest of the NHL

990 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

They just traded him, did they not?

I have posted a correction on my first post to acknowledge the trade.  

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh has signed goaltender Casey DeSmith to a three year $3.75 million contract.  

NHL.com.  Buffalo center Jack Eichel returns against Carolina.  

NHL.com.  Toronto goaltender Frederik Anderson remains out of the lineup with the flu.  

NHL.com.  Chicago has traded defenseman Jan Rutta and a seventh round pick in 2019 to Tampa Bay for defenseman Slater Koekkoek and a fifth round choice in 2019.  

On 1/11/2019 at 10:39 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Has there been any insight into what the heck happened between Sergei Bobrovsky and whoever? An "incident" as it's being called on media outlets.

This is from NHL.com today at 5:44.: 

Bobrovsky and Kekalainen met with the Blue Jackets prior to a players-only meeting before practice, which Bobrovsky participated in. He will be the backup to Joonas Korpisalo at the Washington Capitals on Saturday.

Bobrovsky has not discussed details of the matter; he did say it had nothing to do with coach John Tortorella.

"I always pride myself on being a good teammate all the time wherever I play, whomever I play, and I addressed that to the team," Bobrovsky said. "It is what it is, it happened. We cleared the air and we're ready to move on."

"Tuesday night against Tampa was a tough loss for everybody," he said. "It was emotional. We might play them in the (Stanley Cup) Playoffs, so I let my emotions get to me when they shouldn't."

Tortorella did not shed much light on the incident Friday.

"Move ahead," he said. "We handled the situation inside the locker room. We go about our business now."

In other words, we don't know anything more. 

NHL.com.  Anaheim has traded forward Andrew Cogliano to Dallas for forward Devin Shore.  

NHL.com.  Toronto goaltender Frederik Andersons returns against Colorado.  

The Senators now tied for dead last in the NHL.   Obviously, even if they finish last, they arent guaranteed 1st overall but their chance are greatly increased.  Its looking more and more like there's a very good chance Colorado is going to end up with a top 3 pick in this summer's draft. 

I understand why Ottawa would choose not to give them 4th overall from last year but man, if the pick they do relinquish ends up being Jack Hughes?  Yikes.  And i think the odds are ever increasing that Duchene doesnt even resign this summer.  That leaves ottawa with nothing, and they end up giving up some minor pieces (hammond, bowers. third) and Kyle Turris and possibly Jack Hughes.    Wow. This could end up being Mike Milbury bad if Ottawa doesnt turn things around in a hurry. 

New Jersey has placed forward Stefan Noesen on injured reserve, retroactive to Saturday.  Recalled forward Egor Yakovlev from Binghamton of the AHL.  

New York Rangers has reassigned goaltender Brandon Halverson from Hartford of the AHL to Maine of the ECHL.  

NHL.com.  Ottawa defenseman Thomas Chabot is expected to return against Colorado.  

NHL.com.  Vancouver's Elias Pettersson remains out of the lineup.  

Bruins lose to the Flyers tonight. B)

Sabres down by 1 after 1

7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Bruins lose to the Flyers tonightB)

Sabres down by 1 after 1

:5187: