Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs1952

The Rest of the NHL

1,410 posts in this topic

NHL.com.  Detroit has signed defenseman Moritz Seider to a three entry level contract.  

NHL.com.  Chicago sends Artem Ainisimov to Ottawa for Zach Smith.  

NHL.com.  Ron Francis to be name general manager of the expansion Seattle franchise.  

NHL.com.  Francis has officially been named general manager of the expansion Seattle franchise.  

Posted (edited)

Apparently the Oilers have dealt Lucic to the Flames. Possibly for Neal.

Edited by jennifer_rocket

And Jacob Trouba has signed for seven years with an AAV of $8 million.

NHL.com.  Colorado has signed defenseman Bowen Byram to a three year entry level contract.  

I for one never thought the Oilers could move Lucic with his contract even for Neal ...Lucic is done , is  really slow and has no hands for an NHL that has become a speed , finesse and younger league ...not saying you can't have bigger players in the line-up like Maroon but they have to at least have hands or speed ….$6 million a year for this goon is about 5.5 too much 

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Interestingly, Eklund reported this 2 days ago.  I guess even he gets things right from time to time... 

1 hour ago, arpem-can said:

I for one never thought the Oilers could move Lucic with his contract even for Neal ...Lucic is done , is  really slow and has no hands for an NHL that has become a speed , finesse and younger league ...not saying you can't have bigger players in the line-up like Maroon but they have to at least have hands or speed ….$6 million a year for this goon is about 5.5 too much 

I think the flames are going to regret this. I know Neal had a bad year but I watched a fair number of flames games & honestly felt like he just had really bad puck luck.  Watch him bounce back with a 30+ goal season on the oil.  Ouch. 

Edmonton retains 12.5% of Lucic's salary and also includes a conditional 3rd rounder in 2020 (condition not yet announced)... so Calgary does get those two small wins with the trade, but overall I agree that Edmonton gets the guy with a better chance of bouncing back and wins the trade as a result.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

You're spot on, JR. 

18 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

You're spot on, JR. 

Who gets the better of this deal?  

NHL.com.  Carolina has agreed with Brock McGinn on a two year $4.2 million contract.  

3 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

IMO, the Oilers do. 

On 7/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, CANADIENS27 said:

I think Edmonton gets the better deal. Even with the retention of a little salary and the conditional draft choice, Neal seems more likely to rebound and contribute than Lucic does. That's just my opinion.

11 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I think Edmonton gets the better deal. Even with the retention of a little salary and the conditional draft choice, Neal seems more likely to rebound and contribute than Lucic does. That's just my opinion.

Edmonton definitely, unlike Lucic Neal can skate and with McDavid and Drasitle both to help set him up I agree he's going to bounce back.  

NHL.com.  St. Louis forward Oskar Sundqvist has agreed to a four year $11 million contract.  

NHL.com.  Rangers defenseman Neal Pionk has agreed to a two year $6 million contract.  

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh forward Zach Aston-Reese has agreed to a two year $2 million contract.  

NHL.com.  New Jersey defenseman Mirco Mueller has agreed to a one $1.4 million contract.  

Posted (edited)

NHL.com.  Washington defenseman Christian Djoos has been awarded a one year $1.25 million contract by an arbitrator.  

Edited by CANADIENS27

NHL.com.  Las Vegas has traded forward David Clarkson and a fourth round pick in 2020 to Toronto for goaltender Garrett Sparks.  

NHL.com.  Winnipeg forward Andrew Copp has been award a two year $4.56 million contract through arbitration.  

NHL.com.  Florida defenseman Mackenzie Weeger has agreed to a one year contract.