Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs1952

The Rest of the NHL

2,063 posts in this topic

NHL.com.  Los Angeles Kings forward Jeff Carter would remain out if the season were to resume.  

NHL.com.  Anaheim has signed defensemen Christian Djoos and Jani Hakanpaa to one year contracts.  

On 5/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Dang. Would love to have Halak back here to split games with Carey. Too bad. He seems pretty committed to the Bruins at this point in his career.

If he is still anywhere near what he was when he was with the Habs.

NHL.com.  Washington has released forward Brandon Leipsic.  

NHL.com.  Anaheim has signed defenseman Brandon Guhle to a two year contract and center Sam Carrick for one year.  

NHL.com.  Las Vegas and forward Jack Dugan have agreed on a contract.  

ESPN.  Ahron Cohen is out as Arizona CEO.  

NHL.com.  Toronto has signed forward Adam Brooks to a two year two way contract.  He would make $725,000 in the NHL.  

NHL.com.  Boston defenseman is not expected to play next season after a third surgery on his right knee.  

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh forward Dominik Simon will be out 6 - 7 months after shoulder surgery for a torn labrum.  

NHL.com.  Forward Ales Hemsky has retired after 15 seasons.  Hemsky played 11 seasons for Edmonton and also played for Ottawa, Dallas, and Montreal.  

On 5/15/2020 at 7:22 AM, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Boston defenseman is not expected to play next season after a third surgery on his right knee.  

Are we supposed to guess who it is? :lol:

NHL.com.  San Jose coach Bob Boughner may not return as coach as team may go in a different direction.  

NHL.com.  Buffalo general manager Jason Botterill will return for his fourth season.  

NHL.com.  Detroit coach Jeff Blashill to return next season.  

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh defenseman Nick Bjugstad will miss eight weeks due to spinal surgery for a herniated disk.  

NHL.com.  Carolina defenseman Dougie Hamilton is set to return if the season resumes.  

22 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Interesting, but it would cost a mint. 

Oh I was not saying to trade for him just posted an interesting article.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Oh I was not saying to trade for him just posted an interesting article.

Buffalo management would be tearing their hair out if that happened. :lol:

Edited by kinot-2

ESPN.  Pittsburgh CEO rescues camera op from protest.  

NHL.com.  Anaheim has signed defenseman Kodie Curran to a two year contract.  

On 5/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, habs1952 said:

Are we supposed to guess who it is? :lol:

All of them. :4224:

On 5/28/2020 at 8:27 PM, kinot-2 said:

Interesting, but it would cost a mint. 

Honestly, id probably give up just about anything (combination of up to 3 players) to get Eichel.  As long at you could keep one of Suzuki or JK i think you're set down the middle for the next decade. IMHO #1C is the single toughest position to fill unless you have top 5 picks.  I believe that Suzuki and JK will both be excellent #2s - maybe even a shared 1a / 1b tandem, but im not convinced anyone on our roster will ever be an elite #1c.  Hopefully im wrong because i dont think we'd actually be able to trade for a guy like Eichel regardless of what we offer for him. 

45 minutes ago, maas_art said:

All of them. :4224:

Honestly, id probably give up just about anything (combination of up to 3 players) to get Eichel.  As long at you could keep one of Suzuki or JK i think you're set down the middle for the next decade. IMHO #1C is the single toughest position to fill unless you have top 5 picks.  I believe that Suzuki and JK will both be excellent #2s - maybe even a shared 1a / 1b tandem, but im not convinced anyone on our roster will ever be an elite #1c.  Hopefully im wrong because i dont think we'd actually be able to trade for a guy like Eichel regardless of what we offer for him. 

He's already a true #1. Still having Danualt, Domi , Poehling , Evans , I'd be willing to give up JK & Suzuki. I think Suzuki has the highest ceiling but Eichel is already there. He has size skill a great shot and is young. Even a top 5 pick we've already had two #3 picks gives a better chance but not a sure thing at a #1 center. Eichel, Danualt, Domi, Poehling I think would be a great line up. Domi would have great match ups , Danault is good defensively and offensively a perfect #2 and I think Poehling is going to develop into a strong two way center with speed and size. I think you may actually have to add a pick or two also. I really like Suzuki but Eichel is elite has size and young. Eichel with Drouin and Caulfield hmmmm? Or Kovy definitely give him a reason to come back for a year!  The Danault line could stay intact.