Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs1952

The Rest of the NHL

2,063 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2020 at 2:51 PM, maas_art said:

All of them. :4224:

Honestly, id probably give up just about anything (combination of up to 3 players) to get Eichel.  As long at you could keep one of Suzuki or JK i think you're set down the middle for the next decade. IMHO #1C is the single toughest position to fill unless you have top 5 picks.  I believe that Suzuki and JK will both be excellent #2s - maybe even a shared 1a / 1b tandem, but im not convinced anyone on our roster will ever be an elite #1c.  Hopefully im wrong because i dont think we'd actually be able to trade for a guy like Eichel regardless of what we offer for him. 

Do you think the Sabres would consider a package of Suzuki + 2021 cond. 1st (1st if we make the playoffs 2nd + 3rd if we don't) + Norlinder?

NHL.com.  Los Angeles has signed forward Arthur Kaliyev to a three year entry level contract.  

NHL.com.  New Jersey defenseman P.K. Subban has donated $50,000 to George Floyd's daughter.  

13 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Do you think the Sabres would consider a package of Suzuki + 2021 cond. 1st (1st if we make the playoffs 2nd + 3rd if we don't) + Norlinder?

I feel like if there was a chance (and im not sure there is) to get Eichel, Buffalo would want:

Suzuki (or JK),  Romanov,  our 1st round pick this year, and probably 1 established player  (Domi, Tatar, Danault, Petry, not sure) 

Hefty price to pay for sure but we do have mid-tier depth. Eichel is the type of guy we need to build around. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I feel like if there was a chance (and im not sure there is) to get Eichel, Buffalo would want:

Suzuki (or JK),  Romanov,  our 1st round pick this year, and probably 1 established player  (Domi, Tatar, Danault, Petry, not sure) 

Hefty price to pay for sure but we do have mid-tier depth. Eichel is the type of guy we need to build around. 

could you maybe go Suzuki + Petry + 1st 2021 + Mete?  I just don't see MB willing to move Romanov and I keep coming back to the 2021 pick because I would assume the trade would be made after the draft. 

In other news an undisclosed Penguins player has tested positive for the virus. Some websites (hockeyBuzz) reporting that the NHL has pushed back training camps to August however I have not found any legitimate reports about suspending phase 3 to August

58 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

could you maybe go Suzuki + Petry + 1st 2021 + Mete?  I just don't see MB willing to move Romanov and I keep coming back to the 2021 pick because I would assume the trade would be made after the draft. 

Maybe but who knows. I still think its moot. If a guy like Eichel gets traded my guess its for someone like Aho or a similar talent. I dont think we could land him but if it did, it would definitely take a lot. 

55 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

In other news an undisclosed Penguins player has tested positive for the virus. Some websites (hockeyBuzz) reporting that the NHL has pushed back training camps to August however I have not found any legitimate reports about suspending phase 3 to August

Yeah im still not holding hope that its going to happen. A lot of stars have to align for this thing to work & the timeline is getting smaller. 

There's a legit chance they are going to have to play the 2020-21 season differently so maybe 2019-20 is done for good in that case. 

15 hours ago, campabee82 said:

If one player testing positive for COVID-19 is going to delay the NHL's timeline for training camp, the play-in round, and the play-offs, they might as well quit now and cancel the season. There's no way, if this thing even gets started, that they're going to make it through without someone contracting COVID.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Los Angeles Kings forward Dustin Brown has been fined $10,000 for cross checking Pittsburgh defenseman Justin Schultz.  The incident occurred at 6:36 of the third period.  

It seems like Ek is way off once again. The player tested positive some time ago and has since recovered so there is no reason to delay the start of phase 3.

NHL.com.  Buffalo forward Kyle Okposo will miss six after surgery on his right knee.  

NHL.com.  Los Angeles forward Jeff Carter has had core muscle surgery and is expected to be ready for training camp.  

On 6/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

If one player testing positive for COVID-19 is going to delay the NHL's timeline for training camp, the play-in round, and the play-offs, they might as well quit now and cancel the season. There's no way, if this thing even gets started, that they're going to make it through without someone contracting COVID.

I agree, they got to expect a few cases. NHL taking quite the chance playing an indoor, high contact sport in a refrigerated building. Ideal spreading environment for a virus.

NHL.com.  Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk says he is ready to return from a cut eyelid that required 90 stitches.  

NHL.com.  Las Vegas has signed forward Ryan Reeves to a two year $3.5 million contract.  

NHL.com.  Buffalo has fired general manager Jason Botterill and named Kevin Adams GM.  

NHL.com.  Seattle expansion team will delay announcing a nickname until at least the fall due to trademark, protest issues and the pandemic.  

NHL.com.  St. Louis forward Vladimir Tarasenko has begun skating after shoulder surgery.  

NHL.com.  St. Louis forward Chris Thorbrun has retired after 14 seasons.  

NHL.com.  Philadelphia forward Oskar Lindblom has skated for the first time since being diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma.  

NHL.com.  Philadelphia forward Oskar Lindblom has completed radiation treatment for bone cancer.  

NHL.com.  Edmonton's Connor McDavid back on the ice.  

ESPN.  League and players have agreed on restart protocols.  

5 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

ESPN.  League and players have agreed on restart protocols.  

We'll just have to wait and see if the Covid-19 virus has anything to say about it.

NHL and players union extend CBA agreement for four years.  

NHL.com.  New Jersey will Lindy Ruff head coach.