The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Rest of the NHL

habs1952

On 6/2/2020 at 2:51 PM, maas_art said:

All of them. :4224:

Honestly, id probably give up just about anything (combination of up to 3 players) to get Eichel.  As long at you could keep one of Suzuki or JK i think you're set down the middle for the next decade. IMHO #1C is the single toughest position to fill unless you have top 5 picks.  I believe that Suzuki and JK will both be excellent #2s - maybe even a shared 1a / 1b tandem, but im not convinced anyone on our roster will ever be an elite #1c.  Hopefully im wrong because i dont think we'd actually be able to trade for a guy like Eichel regardless of what we offer for him. 

Do you think the Sabres would consider a package of Suzuki + 2021 cond. 1st (1st if we make the playoffs 2nd + 3rd if we don't) + Norlinder?

13 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Do you think the Sabres would consider a package of Suzuki + 2021 cond. 1st (1st if we make the playoffs 2nd + 3rd if we don't) + Norlinder?

I feel like if there was a chance (and im not sure there is) to get Eichel, Buffalo would want:

Suzuki (or JK),  Romanov,  our 1st round pick this year, and probably 1 established player  (Domi, Tatar, Danault, Petry, not sure) 

Hefty price to pay for sure but we do have mid-tier depth. Eichel is the type of guy we need to build around. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I feel like if there was a chance (and im not sure there is) to get Eichel, Buffalo would want:

Suzuki (or JK),  Romanov,  our 1st round pick this year, and probably 1 established player  (Domi, Tatar, Danault, Petry, not sure) 

Hefty price to pay for sure but we do have mid-tier depth. Eichel is the type of guy we need to build around. 

could you maybe go Suzuki + Petry + 1st 2021 + Mete?  I just don't see MB willing to move Romanov and I keep coming back to the 2021 pick because I would assume the trade would be made after the draft. 

58 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

could you maybe go Suzuki + Petry + 1st 2021 + Mete?  I just don't see MB willing to move Romanov and I keep coming back to the 2021 pick because I would assume the trade would be made after the draft. 

Maybe but who knows. I still think its moot. If a guy like Eichel gets traded my guess its for someone like Aho or a similar talent. I dont think we could land him but if it did, it would definitely take a lot. 

55 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

In other news an undisclosed Penguins player has tested positive for the virus. Some websites (hockeyBuzz) reporting that the NHL has pushed back training camps to August however I have not found any legitimate reports about suspending phase 3 to August

Yeah im still not holding hope that its going to happen. A lot of stars have to align for this thing to work & the timeline is getting smaller. 

There's a legit chance they are going to have to play the 2020-21 season differently so maybe 2019-20 is done for good in that case. 

15 hours ago, campabee82 said:

In other news an undisclosed Penguins player has tested positive for the virus. Some websites (hockeyBuzz) reporting that the NHL has pushed back training camps to August however I have not found any legitimate reports about suspending phase 3 to August

If one player testing positive for COVID-19 is going to delay the NHL's timeline for training camp, the play-in round, and the play-offs, they might as well quit now and cancel the season. There's no way, if this thing even gets started, that they're going to make it through without someone contracting COVID.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Los Angeles Kings forward Dustin Brown has been fined $10,000 for cross checking Pittsburgh defenseman Justin Schultz.  The incident occurred at 6:36 of the third period.  

It seems like Ek is way off once again. The player tested positive some time ago and has since recovered so there is no reason to delay the start of phase 3.

On 6/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

If one player testing positive for COVID-19 is going to delay the NHL's timeline for training camp, the play-in round, and the play-offs, they might as well quit now and cancel the season. There's no way, if this thing even gets started, that they're going to make it through without someone contracting COVID.

I agree, they got to expect a few cases. NHL taking quite the chance playing an indoor, high contact sport in a refrigerated building. Ideal spreading environment for a virus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • H_T_L locked this topic