The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Rest of the NHL

On 10/10/2020 at 9:22 PM, H_T_L said:

I suppose. I guess some members don't realize we need to read every post in here no matter how mundane. It just sucks as a volunteer, to have to read the same stuff a second and sometimes third time. We don't have the option of using the ignore feature.:rolleyes:

Yep, Sucks to be you Mods and Admins. :P

On 10/10/2020 at 9:38 PM, habs1952 said:

I think Canadiens27 is after Kinot's post count lead. :lol:

He still has a ways to go. Heck, my lead will carry on for 10 years after I'm dead.  :frech1:

Edited by kinot-2

Jimmy Vesy signs with Toronto ...he was highly touted coming out of College but never quite reached the potential they The Rangers thought he would...he looks good for about 15 goals or so ...304 games 59g 51 a =110 pts and a career  -25 ....to me it's more an indication the money for filler players with decent skills are going for less than a $ mill

On 10/10/2020 at 9:22 PM, H_T_L said:

I suppose. I guess some members don't realize we need to read every post in here no matter how mundane. It just sucks as a volunteer, to have to read the same stuff a second and sometimes third time. We don't have the option of using the ignore feature.:rolleyes:

And as a newcomer, I applaud you 🤗 - this is a great sharing and feedback resource embracing respectful discussion and disagreements- I only hope that habs mgmt reads a few! 

1 hour ago, claremont said:

And as a newcomer, I applaud you 🤗 - this is a great sharing and feedback resource embracing respectful discussion and disagreements- I only hope that habs mgmt reads a few! 

Appreciate the kudos. We're all huge Hab fans when it boils down to it, even though some of us have differing opinions on how to run the team. The forum has evolved over the years since i first joined, but the one constant has been respecting others viewpoints while presenting our own. It's what keeps me coming back.

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

He still has a ways to go. Heck, my lead will carry on for 10 years after I'm dead.  :frech1:

Its quality over quantity that counts when posting. That's was my point about someone who pretty much contributes very little to a conversation, preferring instead to copy and paste all over the forum in an apparent goal of boosting a post count while not even bothering to at least make sure it's not being discussed elsewhere in the appropriate thread. That's the frustrating part for the staff.

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Yep, Sucks to be you Mods and Admins. :P

Don't count on it. I hear he's hired a bunch of people to help post for him. 

30 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Will Henrik Lundqvist be willing to be a backup to Holtby now that he's signed with Washington?  How many starts is he likely to get?  

You mean Samsonov- holtby has moved on to Vancouver - probably will play 25% of capitals games 

The Toronto Maple Leafs have announced they have re-signed free agent right wing Ilya Mikheyev to a two-year contract worth $3.29 million. The contract carries a salary-cap hit of  $1.645 million. Leafs now @ $81,675,200. for 22 players.  They still have Travis Dermott to resign. & they're still paying Kessel $1.2M for the next 2 years.

The league still thinks a January 1 start with a full 82 game schedule is a viable option.  Does anyone else think differently and how do they plan to pull it off?  There would have to be a ton of back to backs for one thing.  

4 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

The league still thinks a January 1 start with a full 82 game schedule is a viable option.  Does anyone else think differently and how do they plan to pull it off?  There would have to be a ton of back to backs for one thing.  

Teams better increase their medical staffs!

On 10/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, H_T_L said:

Wait, we don't?  :4224:

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh defenseman Trevor Daley has retired after 16 seasons.  Daley won Stanley with the Penguins in '16 and '17.  He has been named hockey operations advisor and will report directly to general manager Jim Rutherford.  

NHL.com.  Dallas forward Martin Hanzal has retired after 12 seasons and a history of back injuries.  He last played on December 23, 2018 nine months after spinal infusion surgery and decided against a fourth surgery which he felt might not help him.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • H_T_L locked this topic