Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs_93

Wed, Jan 17 7:30 PM EST Montreal @ Boston RDS Sportsnet NBC Sports Network, TSN 690

276 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

And this is our desperate hockey. 

I thought that was our normal hockey.

Well,,,, this ruins PP won't be wasted. 

Here comes Boston's 3rd goal.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Primarily because we only have skill at the wings. We have zero top 6 centers and we have 2-3 NHL-quality defencemen. If you play the game with that many holes in your line-up, the other team will exploit it.

If by "exploit it", you mean show up, I'm with you!

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Primarily because we only have skill at the wings. We have zero top 6 centers and we have 2-3 NHL-quality defencemen. If you play the game with that many holes in your line-up, the other team will exploit it.

1 minute ago, HabsRuleForever said:

No centres and no defence.

And the worst part is that our goalie is playing the worst hockey of his career.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Here comes Boston's 3rd goal.

Nah.....

Or so I say

1 minute ago, HabsRuleForever said:

No centres and no defence.

I said almost the same thing... no centers and 2-3 D men. Petry and Mete are quality players. Jerabek is questionable. But Schlemko, Morrow, and Alzner are unacceptable as NHLers and this year's Benn falls in that category on most nights too.

Just now, GreekHockeyCoach said:

And the worst part is that our goalie is playing the worst hockey of his career.

Even worse than that is that Price has played well enough recently to get his GAA down to 2.95 and his save percentage to about .907... those are not that far off league average. In the past 6 weeks, he's actually been better than league average. But we're seeing the same thing this year that we saw during Price's injury season: when your line-up is built on requiring all-world goaltending to win games consistently, it's not sustainable. We've been saying this for years. But Bergevin insisted a healthy Price would solve all other problems.

Unless we go on a run like the Bruins are on (which is highly unlikely), we have no chance of making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, GreekHockeyCoach said:

I feel bad for him, he used to be able to steal games when we had a semi adequate team. However now that MB has hacked the team up so bad he doesn’t have a chance to save the goals anymore.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Even worse than that is that Price has played well enough recently to get his GAA down to 2.95 and his save percentage to about .907... those are not that far off league average. In the past 6 weeks, he's actually been better than league average. But we're seeing the same thing this year that we saw during Price's injury season: when your line-up is built on requiring all-world goaltending to win games consistently, it's not sustainable. We've been saying this for years. But Bergevin insisted a healthy Price would solve all other problems.

Time to clean house and rebuild, starting with Bergevin. He's been a huge disappointment.

Unless we go on a run like the Bruins are on (which is highly unlikely), we have no chance of making the playoffs.

Oh we’ve been done since day one of the five year plan.

Just now, HabsRuleForever said:

I feel bad for him, he used to be able to steal games when we had a semi adequate team. However now that MB has hacked the team up so bad he doesn’t have a chance to save the goals anymore.

I don't feel bad for anyone making that kind of money. He has a voice, he can express his displeasure.

A lot of it is psychological. 

Pleks however is not to my mind.

We need a 6 million dollar man I guess.

Time to clean house and rebuild, starting with Bergevin. He's been a huge disappointment.

is there anyone to replace him with

Just now, HabsRuleForever said:

Oh we’ve been done since day one of the five year plan.

You know what though, at the start of last year we had a decent roster. Then he traded PK and it all went downhill from there.

3 minutes ago, GreekHockeyCoach said:

Last I heard was that our chances were about 2.6% ,,,,, so there's hope. :rolleyes:

Edited by kinot-2

Just now, jwlk said:

is there anyone to replace him with

At this point you can replace him with anyone on this forum and he'd do a better job. Hockey is not rocket science.

3 minutes ago, GreekHockeyCoach said:

I'm pretty much resigned to this scenario.

Image result for Gutting a fish pictures

I don't feel bad for anyone making that kind of money. He has a voice, he can express his displeasure.

I took the money part out of the equation.

Just now, GreekHockeyCoach said:

At this point you can replace him with anyone on this forum and he'd do a better job. Hockey is not rocket science.

Archey

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Last I heard was that our chances were about 2.6% ,,,,, so there's hope. :rolleyes:

That's just great. We have hope. :4322:

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Last I he4ard was that our chances were about 2.6% ,,,,, so there's hope. :rolleyes:

92% chance of no playoffs I hear.