The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Draft

maas_art

58 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Seems to me he may not fit the Habs mold:

On July 13, 2015, Ontario Provincial Police charged O'Reilly with impaired driving following an incident in Lucan, Ontario when the pick up truck he was driving struck a Tim Hortons. O'Reilly was charged with driving a motor vehicle while ability impaired (alcohol) and care or control over 80 mgs. He was also charged under the Highway Traffic Act with failing to remain at the scene. O'Reilly was acquitted of the charges on July 11, 2016.

We all know that's not the kind of character problems that hockey people have an issue for. He got Masterton nominations last year.

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I actually think you could get more from edmonton for weber.    Weber for 10th overall, RNH and maybe even one more piece from them.  I could see Chiarelli covet Weber more than MB does.  Not only that he (Weber) would actually make a massive difference on their defense. Their group isnt terrible they just lack that one stabilizing force. Add him & everyone moves back. I think they'd be instantly better.

Unfortunately I dont think MB will trade him. I think odds are he's our next captain & I think MB still wont admit he lost that trade meaning Weber is ours as long as MB is GM. 

Love your thinking though. 

We have a potentially great replacement in Timmins. I think our greatest problem is with Molson because if he really cared about the team on the ice then he would've taken a stand by now. We're shedding cap like crazy and we all believe it's for a big move, but Ottawa and Arizona operate under their own self-imposed caps to self-sabotaging ends. I'd love it if he sold; he makes a billion dollars since his initial acquisition of the Canadiens and we get an owner who cares about managerial competence and on-ice success.

1 minute ago, RyderRocks73 said:

We have a potentially great replacement in Timmins. I think our greatest problem is with Molson because if he really cared about the team on the ice then he would've taken a stand by now. We're shedding cap like crazy and we all believe it's for a big move, but Ottawa and Arizona operate under their own self-imposed caps to self-sabotaging ends. I'd love it if he sold; he makes a billion dollars since his initial acquisition of the Canadiens and we get an owner who cares about managerial competence and on-ice success.

Well hopefully Timmins is taking French lessons in secret ;)

5 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Hi guys it’s MB. I’ve got no clue what to do. I need two days in my mind cause drawing is even harder. I’ll go check the room cause supposedly the answers were in there earlier. 

Hi MB.  You should just take a couple of days off.  Trevor's got this. :)

I read in an article that Bergevin says he's enquired about what it would take to get 1st overall from Buffalo.

Im certain we cant pull it off, but lets say the sabres want 3rd overall, Pacioretty and a player like Lehkonen.  Do you make that deal? 

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I read in an article that Bergevin says he's enquired about what it would take to get 1st overall from Buffalo.

Im certain we cant pull it off, but lets say the sabres want 3rd overall, Pacioretty and a player like Lehkonen.  Do you make that deal? 

I do not. That's a steep price to pay so we can run another future Norris candidate out of town in 5-6 years. :D