Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Draft


maas_art
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Well if MB made a draft mistake, we're gonna get regular views of the two guys (Zadina and Tkachuk) people think were his next two choices... both will be in our division.

Kid probably wont play with the Habs for what 2 or 3 years .

Then with an ol style  coach who will feel more comfortable playhing TP14 , the kid probably wont be given the opportunity

It will be a development mistake .

The Habs have been terrible at developing players .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Regis22 said:

Kid probably wont play with the Habs for what 2 or 3 years .

Then with an ol style  coach who will TP14 kid probably wont be given the opportunity

It will be a development mistake .

The Habs have been terrible at developing players .

It's possible, but JK said himself he envisions playing one more year in Finland then coming to NHL in 2019-20. Have to remember as well that because he's European, he could theoretically go play in Laval next year and be called up for part of the season only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Kid probably wont play with the Habs for what 2 or 3 years .

Then with an ol style  coach who will feel more comfortable playhing TP14 , the kid probably wont be given the opportunity

It will be a development mistake .

The Habs have been terrible at developing players .

Well being a Finish player whom has said to be a two way player Jullien should probably love him. If you're willing to play a complete game and work on your defense he will let him develop. Finland is known for developing responsible players. I think he'll do fine. If he doesn't play this year I'm okay with that. Worse thing a team can do is rush young players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CaptWelly said:

Well being a Finish player whom has said to be a two way player Jullien should probably love him. If you're willing to play a complete game and work on your defense he will let him develop. Finland is known for developing responsible players. I think he'll do fine. If he doesn't play this year I'm okay with that. Worse thing a team can do is rush young players.

Koivu was a great center for us, might have been a true 1C if not for his knee injury and lymphoma. Lehkonen has been a pleasant surprise. I agree with you, we're getting a guy who is almost certainly going to be an NHLer and be a good two-way guy. I think his floor is a 3rd line center. The question is whether he can produce offence in the NHL at a top 6 level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Koivu was a great center for us, might have been a true 1C if not for his knee injury and lymphoma. Lehkonen has been a pleasant surprise. I agree with you, we're getting a guy who is almost certainly going to be an NHLer and be a good two-way guy. I think his floor is a 3rd line center. The question is whether he can produce offence in the NHL at a top 6 level.

Just some clips I've seen and the tournaments where he actually played with kids his own age he excelled. He isn't even 18 yet and competed in the Finish league. I think he could be a solid #2 not sure about #! but I can see a solid 2nd line center

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CaptWelly said:

Just some clips I've seen and the tournaments where he actually played with kids his own age he excelled. He isn't even 18 yet and competed in the Finish league. I think he could be a solid #2 not sure about #! but I can see a solid 2nd line center

 

Agreed. I think 2C is a good bet. Lots of people making comparisons to Barkov and Kopitar but I'd like to see more offence from him before we say that. He's smart, he's got nice vision, he's got a decent shot, but he needs to be quicker and get into space more easily to be a 1C.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...