The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Draft

maas_art

21 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Friedman says Bergevin told him he would try to package 35 and 38 to get back into 1st round. Again, not sure that's the right move... not sure the guy you get at 25 or 30 is going to be better than the 35 and 38 players.

Guess it really depends on whether Timmins has pegged someone as being worth the risk. I agree though, with so many good players falling, i think we most likely do better with quantity.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

22 for 26 and 48. So it took a mid-late 2nd to move up 4 spots.

So if Habs want to move up to 30ish, they'd have to give up something similar. If they give up 35 and 38, conceivably they could move up to 25ish.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

So if Habs want to move up to 30ish, they'd have to give up something similar. If they give up 35 and 38, conceivably they could move up to 25ish.

Do you think they are targetting anyone? You have to figure Timmins has his eyes on some guys... 

^^ Serron Noel is a unique player because of his size, but I don't think he's what we're looking for. Lots of good D men sitting here: Addison, Woo, McIssac, Wilde, Alexeyev, Sandin, Beaudin, etc. There are also some 2nd-tier centers like Lundestrom, Bergrren, and Thomas still sitting there too.