The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sat, Feb 17 7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Vegas HNIC, TVAS, ATTSN-RM

HabsRuleForever

24 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It's not like we can't afford to buy him out. We only have 10 mill in Cap space.  Just another case of MB trying to save face and not admit to ANOTHER blunder on his part. We needed players and he's bringing in reclamation  cases. Fortunately he didn't sign this one to a 5 year deal.

Yet!

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Your only as good as the guy on top lets you be. CJ saddled with the worst defense in the NHL and Timmins recommendations being ignored. 

I'd love to see a yearly list of the order of players in the draft recommended by Timmins. I'd like to see what he thought compared to what MB picked.

3 minutes ago, Fanhab81 said:

MB shoulda been let go b4 the start of the season...picking up ott,Martinson and king shoulda been enough...not resigning radulov Markov Nathan beaulieu instead he added alzner hemsky and Mark striet 

Lmaooo I totally forgot about Hemsky and Streit. Marc BargainBin at his finest.

I don't actually have an issue with either signing because they're zero-risk and potentially medium-reward moves but it's pretty pathetic when those guys and Alzner are the "big moves". I wonder if Alzner will even be in the NHL during the 2019-20 season.

3 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Excellent tanking day today, Habs get rolled and Ottawa wins. They've put together a great team that really knows how to perform when it counts. 

Yeah, but too bad Edmonton and Buffalo lost... I don't have high hopes of Buffalo or Arizona passing us (unless we make significant trades to get rid of guys like Pacioretty, Gallagher, Plekanec, etc... but I am surprised by just how bad Edmonton has been. I'd want them to be easily clear of us and they're hanging tough for the top draft picks. They're experienced tankers out there.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic