The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Politics

7 hours ago, H_T_L said:

BREAKING NEWS,,,, CNN and other major news outlets to lay off staff in the near future for lack of news after the banning of Trumps twitter account.:ph34r:

LOL

So Trump makes a great story.  That's what former Trump attorney Michael Cohen meant when he said in his book "Disloyal" when he said the media still doesn't realize they're being played for suckers.  What he does is transparent once you identify it.  Whenever media interest in Trump wanes, he does something outrageous and the media is eating  out of his hand. Everyone would laugh if it wasn't so tragic.  Trump is apparently working on a way around his permanent Twitter ban.  

17 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

So Trump makes a great story.  That's what former Trump attorney Michael Cohen meant when he said in his book "Disloyal" when he said the media still doesn't realize they're being played for suckers.  What he does is transparent once you identify it.  Whenever media interest in Trump wanes, he does something outrageous and the media is eating  out of his hand. Everyone would laugh if it wasn't so tragic.  Trump is apparently working on a way around his permanent Twitter ban.  

Not exactly.

When the government is selling or not selling insurance a story is de facto hygiene and the level of health in general has changed significantly when it's the President of the United States who spouts family grievances with a voting block listening. It is subject to change and we'll see how it goes now that the culture around hygiene changed. I don't wear a mask because my dog is on a 15 foot leash and I stay behind him. Trump's dogs are in his arms (Another way of looing at it).

Even now, Trump remains defiant as plans to go on the offensive touting his accomplishments.  Unfortunately, his biggest one is widening the gap between the rich and poor, one the Democrats will need to address for a minimum chance of Trump or a far more competent demogauge coming along in 2024 or later.  Trump went so far as to claim he called out the National Guard to put down the insurrection which everyone knows is a lie.  But then, the problem isn't that he's fooling anyone.  It's the attitude he can do anything he wants and there's nothing anyone can do about.  

Nation has now been put on high alert as Democrats have been warned about three more plots to disrupt the inauguration.  Further proof the only way Trump leaves is feet first.  The fact there would be more plots of violence should have been a foregone conclusion.  

A couple of conditions before Trump is charged and convicted of sedition. 

How does he deal with his fortune if he has any. Does he give it away? Even to Qanon.

Second.  How difficult could it possibly be to move his gold toilet into prison with him? Not too I imagine.

House expected to impeach Trump as backlash grows.  Many in the GOP blame Trump for the senatorial losses in Georgia.  Trump is still trying to pardon himself, but is finding himself in more legal jeopardy than ever before and will have more difficulty shielding himself from these problems.  

17 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

House expected to impeach Trump as backlash grows.  Many in the GOP blame Trump for the senatorial losses in Georgia.  Trump is still trying to pardon himself, but is finding himself in more legal jeopardy than ever before and will have more difficulty shielding himself from these problems.  

Done deal. 

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Done deal. 

Trump is now refusing to pay Rudy Giuliani for $20,000 a day legal fees.  Giuliani is now finding himself in the same boat as the building and painter contractors Trump has a long history of stiffing.  

Prosecutors have greater concern Republican congressman had a role in the January 6 insurrection.  That would not be difficult to believe given how well organized the mob was.  That help had to come from somewhere.  There's also a concern among counterterrorism experts an insurgency is further along than most people realize.  

On 1/16/2021 at 11:11 AM, CANADIENS27 said:

Prosecutors have greater concern Republican congressman had a role in the January 6 insurrection.  That would not be difficult to believe given how well organized the mob was.  That help had to come from somewhere.  There's also a concern among counterterrorism experts an insurgency is further along than most people realize.  

Will the Democrats get it right? The platform for the Republican party was what Trump was to say it was. So by definition his lies count for the platform. Good thing to do? No.

Any concern about being counter revolutionary in the opposition party? We'll see but I doubt it. And the blind leading the blind is not how I would prefer to see a country supporting the greatest form of government ever.

Anyway he may even get convicted in a Senate trial but as it stands now it either a unanimous vote for conviction or back to a tie game if you see what I mean.

Do not worry. Every single person charged with sedition, insurrection or rioting will be given the Pot is Legal in Canada pamphlet,

I imagine.Who knows though?

Edited by archey
2 hours ago, archey said:

Do not worry. Every single person charged with sedition, insurrection or rioting will be given the Pot is Legal in Canada pamphlet,

I imagine.Who knows though?

We've got enough of our own crackpots, we don't want them. Let them go to Russia! 

5 hours ago, habs1952 said:

We've got enough of our own crackpots, we don't want them. Let them go to Russia! 

I don't know. R is pretty far down the alphabet. Think they can get that far?

Edited by archey
Basic punctuation
2 hours ago, archey said:

I don't know. R is pretty far down the alphabet. Think they can get that far?

I'm sure Trump and Moscow Mitch would write letters of recommendation for them.  

For anyone who still wonders how Trump has been able to lie as long as he has, it's simple.  Trump knows he can get attention by telling the most outrageous lie, the more outrageous the better.  Then, he repeats the lie until enough people start believing him.