Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigTed3

2018-19 Habs Lines

259 posts in this topic

Lines at practice yesterday:

JD, Dano, Gally

Tuna, Domi, Leks.

Hudon, KK, Armia

Agostino, Chaput, Dlo.

 

Mete', Weber

Reilly, Petry

Kulak, Benn.

 

1st PP unit:

Armia, KK, Tatar

JD, Weber

2nd PP Unit:

Hudon, Domi, Gally

Reilly, Petry

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with Weise and Thomspon being acquired and if everyone is healthy ...

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher

Byron - Domi - Shaw

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia

Deslauriers - Thompson - Weise

*Hudon/Peca scratched most likely

Mete - Weber

Kulak - Petry

Reilly - Benn/Folin

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

So with Weise and Thomspon being acquired and if everyone is healthy ...

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher

Byron - Domi - Shaw

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia

Deslauriers - Thompson - Weise

*Hudon/Peca scratched most likely

Mete - Weber

Kulak - Petry

Reilly - Benn/Folin

 

You forgot Tuna ;)

I think if everyone is healthy we're likely to see:


Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Shaw
Lehkonen - JK - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weise


Thats probably the best group of 12 we've seen in a decade.     Scoring across all 4 lines, defensive responsibility across the roster.    I think Hudon is going to get traded, I think Peca may get sent down and I think DLo will (for who knows what reason) remain with the club but will not play if everyone is healthy.

On defense. I think 

Mete - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn

are pretty much set. I dont see MB making a move for the blueline (aside for maybe some depth) but none will supplant Mete.  I think Julien still believes in Reilly (and he sure has wheels) but he needs to cut down on the dumb moves.  Kulak has cemented his spot on the 3rd pair and Benn has looked worlds better this past month or so.  If we get offered something substantial for benn (like a 2nd rounder) then I think you have to take it but if the return is simply a 4th rounder or something I think they will keep him. If they trade Benn  then Folin moves into that slot I think.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maas_art said:

You forgot Tuna ;)

I think if everyone is healthy we're likely to see:


Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Shaw
Lehkonen - JK - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weise

 

I knew I forgot somebody.  Hopefully that's the line up and DLo is used sparingly.   That 4th line looks a lot better than what we've been running to honest.

Edited by HabsAlways
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HabsAlways said:

I knew I forgot somebody.  Hopefully that's the line up and DLo is used sparingly.   That 4th line looks a lot better than what we've been running to honest.

Agreed.  Byron will basically play the same no matter where you put him in the lineup. He's a garbage goal specialist and almost is more effective on the 4th line where he can get better matchups. Hopefully Weise can get some of his magic back here too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Agreed.  Byron will basically play the same no matter where you put him in the lineup. He's a garbage goal specialist and almost is more effective on the 4th line where he can get better matchups. Hopefully Weise can get some of his magic back here too. 

Not to mention Thompson being a faceoff option.      I can see that 4th line playing a little more 5v5 than what we've had.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Tuesday, Weise skated on a line with fellow newcomer Nate Thompson and second-year Hab Nicolas Deslauriers - Nos. 22, 21, and 20, respectively - and believes they'll offer up some stability and grit for head coach Claude Julien.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

On Tuesday, Weise skated on a line with fellow newcomer Nate Thompson and second-year Hab Nicolas Deslauriers - Nos. 22, 21, and 20, respectively - and believes they'll offer up some stability and grit for head coach Claude Julien.

GRIT!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our fourth line needed to get better so MB went out and made some trades, great! 

But why is Deslauriers still playing every game?  

The GM can only do so much...Deslauriers is arguably the worst everyday player in the NHL but yet CJ is obsessed! 

I do not mind the rotating door on the fourth line to keep it fresh and keep that internal competition going but D-LO has got to sit a few out as well, I am fearful that Hudon gets waived once Byron is healthy...ugh

I would like this fourth line 

Byron - Thompson - Weise 

Byron - Peca - Hudon 

Bryon - Thompson - Weise 

but never Deslauriers, even with Byron out

Peca - Thompson - Weise 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.