Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigTed3

2018-19 Habs Lines

329 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

things worked out pretty good.

Yep. :)

Probably not the right time of the year to be shuffling your lines around, but... I kind of like this:

Artturi Lehkonen - Max Domi - Andrew Shaw

Tomas Tatar - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Brendan Gallagher

Jonathan Drouin - Phillip Danault - Joel Armia  

Paul Byron - Nate Thompson - Jordan Weal

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Probably not the right time of the year to be shuffling your lines around, but... I kind of like this:

I like JK and could see this in the future. I don't think now with as fast and hard the games are being played it would be the time to put JK in that position. I also don't see Drouin on a checking line role either. The match ups would be tough on JK also. We have to remember all year he hasn't had to play against the top match ups of the other teams most of the time. We are in must win situations now so I hate to say it but I would stick with last nights line up to finish the season. Than look at maybe switching JK and Weal to start the playoffs. I know JK is a big part of the future but Weal actually has been doing a good job centering the 3rd line right now. If he wasn't I would agree to switch JK back. JK should realize along with the fans that this may be what's best for the "TEAM" right now. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

6 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I like JK and could see this in the future. I don't think now with as fast and hard the games are being played it would be the time to put JK in that position. I also don't see Drouin on a checking line role either. The match ups would be tough on JK also. We have to remember all year he hasn't had to play against the top match ups of the other teams most of the time. We are in must win situations now so I hate to say it but I would stick with last nights line up to finish the season. Than look at maybe switching JK and Weal to start the playoffs. I know JK is a big part of the future but Weal actually has been doing a good job centering the 3rd line right now. If he wasn't I would agree to switch JK back. JK should realize along with the fans that this may be what's best for the "TEAM" right now. 

Yeah I tend to agree. I hope to see JK in the top 6 next year and maybe #1C by the end of next season or the following but right now its probably not the time to mess around.

The nice thing about having so much forward depth is that we can mix and match up and down the lineup.   Jk - Thompson - Byron is probably better than at least 28-29 other 4th lines in the league. We've got some very nice options and bringing in Poehling and/or Suzuki next year - this should only get better.