The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Stanley Cup Final

Who you got? Who you want?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Cup and who do you think will win it?

• I want Vegas and Vegas will win it
    • I want Vegas but Washington will win it
    • I want Washington and Washington will win it
    • I want Washington but Vegas will win it

Two players with huge goals in game clinching Stanley cup win. DSP and Lars congrats, both with 7 goals each in the in the playoffs. Both were factors most nights. Crazy when coaches and management see the value in players and know how to use them. ?

1 hour ago, caperns61 said:

Two players with huge goals in game clinching Stanley cup win. DSP and Lars congrats, both with 7 goals each in the in the playoffs. Both were factors most nights. Crazy when coaches and management see the value in players and know how to use them. ?

I can't "Lol" enough at DSP getting the GTG and Lars getting the GWG to clinch the Cup. Congratulations to both of them! Well deserved Cup victory!

43 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I'm extremely pleased for Lars one of my once favorite Habs.

Ditto here. It seems everytime i use a Hab as my desktop, they get traded or released. My most recent have been PK, Marky and Eller. Just a heads up,,,,, Price is there now.:ph34r:

haha. i thought this only happened when i drew them.  

Many moons ago I did some work for the habs magazine.  Recchi, Turgeon, Roy, Damphousse, Koivu.  Koivu was the only one who wasnt traded within a year or two of the drawing. If fact I think Turgeon was traded before the illustration was released to the public.

In recent years ive drawn PK (profile pic) and Eller. :(     

I should definitely draw Alzner, Schlemko etc...  

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I'm extremely pleased for Lars one of my once favorite Habs.

Same here. At the time, I argued in favour of trading Plekanec and keeping Eller. Made much more sense to me & it was one of many dumb decisions that has mostly pushed me away from here. (my first Habs-related post anywhere in quite a while) Instead, we end up here: Eller with the Cup clinching goal and Plekanec plays for Toronto. What do I know.

58 minutes ago, Woodenhhead said:

Same here. At the time, I argued in favour of trading Plekanec and keeping Eller. Made much more sense to me & it was one of many dumb decisions that has mostly pushed me away from here. (my first Habs-related post anywhere in quite a while) Instead, we end up here: Eller with the Cup clinching goal and Plekanec plays for Toronto. What do I know.

MB has ruined everything. Trading away our skilled players in favor of intangibles like attitude, character, grit. Anything except what matters like skill & speed. We don't even have a competitive team let alone one who can win the Stanley Cup. While he rambles on about all the intangibles, MB remains employed by an owner who drank too much of his kool-aid.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Why angry? Both players worked damn hard this post-season to earn a Cup!

Happy for Lars and Devante, but annoyed with how they were handled here, especially Lars.  Apparently somebody good enough to help win the cup has no role on this team.  You'd think we're loaded up the middle or something.

3 hours ago, Disillusioned1 said:

Happy for Lars and Devante, but annoyed with how they were handled here, especially Lars.  Apparently somebody good enough to help win the cup has no role on this team.  You'd think we're loaded up the middle or something.

Yup!

Surely, Molson isn't blind enough to miss that!?  :blink: