Larry-Launstein-Jr

State Of The Habs 2018-19

1,825 posts in this topic

No way he signs in mtl if they couldn't handle galchenyuk how they gonna handle seguin...they have no intention of signing seguin but will blow smoke up every mtl fans a$$ I ain't falling for bergevin and molson's bs any more 

Edited by Fanhab81
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, the master plan is to land Connor McDavid in 2026. Number one center right there. Shea Weber will just be coming off the books, it's genius.#longgame

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fanhab81 said:

No way he signs in mtl if they couldn't handle galchenyuk how they gonna handle seguin...they have no intention of signing seguin but will blow smoke up every mtl fans a$$ I ain't falling for bergevin and molson's bs any more 

Agreed the only way Seguin signs in Montreal is if Bergevin and Molson has a create of horseshoes up their A$$ and that would be horrible cause it would justify to Molson to keep Bergevin a while longer

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fanhab81 said:

No way he signs in mtl if they couldn't handle galchenyuk how they gonna handle seguin...

Then again, we traded PK for what many assume were attitude reasons and went out and got Radulov one season and Drouin the next. Consistency isn't exactly this management group's strong point (not totally sure what is at this point).

Edited by Graeme-1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Guys, the master plan is to land Connor McDavid in 2026. Number one center right there. Shea Weber will just be coming off the books, it's genius.#longgame

The sad thing is he'll still probably be GM then.  :(

 

15 minutes ago, Graeme-1 said:

Then again, we traded PK for what many assume were attitude reasons and went out and got Radulov one season and Drouin the next. Consistency isn't exactly this management group's strong point (not totally sure what is at this point).

Yeah they sure are taking the whole "expect the unexpected" thing to heart, eh?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kotkaneimi looking good at the u20.   Only got one assist but sounds like he was dominant all game from those who watched it.https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2018/7/24/17604554/jesperi-kotkaniemis-season-has-started-montreal-canadiens-prospect-analysis-highlights-finland-u20

 

Observations from the game:

  • Kotkaniemi’s anticipation and vision helps him to get in the right position and speaks volumes about his hockey IQ.
  • He’s a spider — collecting pucks and delivering them to another spot on the ice with accuracy and pace.
  • While his offensive output wasn’t much this game, there’s no doubt it will come.
  • He uses his body not only to throw checks around, but in smart ways by blocking passing lanes or throwing the forechecker off with a screen to protect his teammates who control the puck. He isn’t afraid to use his body no matter where he is on the ice, as exemplified in the hit shown above.
  • When it comes to his defensive game, it’s very good. He’s aware, he looks around to make sure he won’t be caught out of position, and he takes responsibility. However, and I am nitpicking here, he takes that responsibility seriously and in some ways ends up too far away from the goal. I don’t think I saw him in open play near the ‘home-plate area,’ but this will come in due time.
  • His skating technique will most likely have to improve. His first three strides are good but can be improved with added muscle. He creates separation and it will be interesting to see if he can do it against professionals no matter where he plays next season. He will never be contesting Connor McDavid when it comes to skating, but a little bit more use of his technique will be needed, especially if he can bring more deception to it and really create problems for the defenders.

At this level he was outstanding and it’s clear that Kotkaniemi is the clearest shining prospect for the Canadiens at the moment.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more i read about Domi, the more i wonder if MB isnt planning on using him at centre on the 2nd line.   This is from an article in an Arizona paper earlier this year:

 

As a young kid growing up in the Toronto area, Max Domi would watch his father, Tie, play right wing for parts of 11 seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs. But when Max dreamed of playing in the NHL, he always imagined it one way — as a center.

For Domi, the road to finding himself as a player has been filled with twists and turns — from a position switch as a teenager to rediscovering himself as a center with the Coyotes this season. And he knows there is still a long way to go. Growing up, Domi wanted only to play center — as he's done for most of his life. So why, before now, has Domi played only left wing since being drafted 12th overall by the Coyotes in 2013?

When Coyotes first-year coach Rick Tocchet switched Domi to center during the team’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Dec. 16, it was the first time the 22-year-old had played the position since he was 16. Entering Tuesday's game against San Jose, Domi had played the prior 11 games as the Coyotes’ second-line center. It’s a challenge he welcomes with open arms. “It’s definitely a new experience for me,” Domi said. “Whenever you’re asked to do something in a team environment, you’re expected to do it. Obviously it takes some time to get used to a new position, but I’m having a lot of fun with it. It’s a great challenge and I’m lucky to play with some talented wingers who make my job really easy.”

 

Remember that he had nearly a PPG in the last 20 games (18 points) last year and a lot of those were at centre.   If Domi actually has what it takes to play top 6 centre and be effective, then the team starts looking a whole lot different up front. We're still missing a true number one C but Kotkaneimi will be ready sooner rather than later imho. I could easily see him in that role to start next year (2019).   Id be surprised if he doesnt get a 9 game try out there this year.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Remember that he had nearly a PPG in the last 20 games (18 points) last year and a lot of those were at centre.   If Domi actually has what it takes to play top 6 centre and be effective, then the team starts looking a whole lot different up front. We're still missing a true number one C but Kotkaneimi will be ready sooner rather than later imho. I could easily see him in that role to start next year (2019).   Id be surprised if he doesnt get a 9 game try out there this year.   

then why didn't Arizona just keep him ?

 

this team still sucks .:)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

then why didn't Arizona just keep him ?

My guess they felt Galcheynyuk was a better fit - or - had higher value.  So even if AZ loved Domi & wanted him on their roster, you move him.  Danault is part of our core and should be here for awhile but if another team offered a true top 2 centre for him we'd be nuts not to move him. 

 

34 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

this team still sucks .:)

No argument there.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brendan Kelly makes an interesting arguement that maybe ownership is content to be a crap team as long as profits are good.   Article is here.

An excerpt:
 

The common wisdom is that the Canadiens make a profit of about US$2 million per home playoff game. Let’s be honest here, even if this middling squad made the playoffs next season, they can’t dream of more than one series so that’s maybe two or three playoff games at the Bell Centre. That equals a profit of about $6 million. But that’s not guaranteed. Say you spend that extra $8 million you have below the cap and then you still don’t make the post-season. Then you just lost $8 million. 

 

I have a hard time buying into it simply because I do think Molson wants to win but its not a stretch to think that if he believes we cant win for a couple of years, then lets turn a bit more of a profit. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boys seem to have the right attitude

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at least i don't have to waste any of my money or time paying attention to this team for a year or two. kind of sad really i am 53 and have been a fan my whole life but this is just pathetic and too painful to watch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

at least i don't have to waste any of my money or time paying attention to this team for a year or two. kind of sad really i am 53 and have been a fan my whole life but this is just pathetic and too painful to watch.

I prefer to use the word nauseating.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 7:54 PM, ramcharger440 said:

?

apparently because we suck, our players are never allowed to have fun or smile. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if the stands stay empty maybe Molson will get the hint!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

Well if the stands stay empty maybe Molson will get the hint!

Agreed. That`s what needs to happen in order to force Molson`s hand.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

Well if the stands stay empty maybe Molson will get the hint!

 

3 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Agreed. That`s what needs to happen in order to force Molson`s hand.

If the Habs go on an extended losing streak to begin the season, that's what will happen. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

If the Habs go on an extended losing streak to begin the season, that's what will happen. 

I'm actually very, very interested to see what the building is like on opening night. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a sellout but the building is clearly not full. Montreal fans know when the product is going to be terrible. And the product IS terrible.

I would LOVE IT if fans stayed away from the get-go to put more and more pressure on Molson to hire a President and get a new General Manager.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm actually very, very interested to see what the building is like on opening night. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a sellout but the building is clearly not full. Montreal fans know when the product is going to be terrible. And the product IS terrible.

I would LOVE IT if fans stayed away from the get-go to put more and more pressure on Molson to hire a President and get a new General Manager.

Yeah the problem is, this tactic works in a luke-warm hockey city but in the mecca?  Not so much.  Even if the 'usual suspects' stay away, others will jump at the opportunity to see games.

I sure hope you guys are right though.  Kelly made a convincing argument in the newspaper a few weeks back suggesting that as long as there is profit (and now an extra $8m two years in a row) then Molson wont be in a hurry: his business is profitable.  But if fans stop going, that $92m profit he averages will start dropping.  Will that be what is necessary to make a change?  Even then im not convinced because I think he's drank the Kool Aid.  I think MB has told him "you have to give me time" despite this being his 7th year and us winning a TOTAL of 3 playoff rounds during his tenure.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah the problem is, this tactic works in a luke-warm hockey city but in the mecca?  Not so much.  Even if the 'usual suspects' stay away, others will jump at the opportunity to see games.

I sure hope you guys are right though.  Kelly made a convincing argument in the newspaper a few weeks back suggesting that as long as there is profit (and now an extra $8m two years in a row) then Molson wont be in a hurry: his business is profitable.  But if fans stop going, that $92m profit he averages will start dropping.  Will that be what is necessary to make a change?  Even then im not convinced because I think he's drank the Kool Aid.  I think MB has told him "you have to give me time" despite this being his 7th year and us winning a TOTAL of 3 playoff rounds during his tenure.

As fans, it's the only strategy we can use. Short of someone buying the team from Molson (I'm doubtful that happens), we have to avoid giving him our money. Even if we can hit Molson's pocketbook in just a minor way, it might be enough to facilitate change over the next couple of seasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article about McCarron here.

Apparently there seems to be a glimmer of hope that if he can just improve his first few steps of his stride, he could be a significantly better player.  Right now he looks like a bust - not even as good as Deslauriers was last year, but its maddening because with his size, his strength and his hands he should be so much better.   Its unclear how good his vision is but when you look at some of the analysis videos they clearly show he is moving towards to the play - he sees the play - but he is just too slow to be effective.

They mention Boyle as a guy who had a very similar situation to McCarrons.  He was nearly given up on & then they hired a power skating coach and he was a new player.   Can McCarron do this?  Can the infusion of new coaches - with a history of working well with young players help?  I sure hope so.   Right now he looks like a bust but imagine if he suddenly found his potential?  
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Interesting article about McCarron here.

Apparently there seems to be a glimmer of hope that if he can just improve his first few steps of his stride, he could be a significantly better player.  Right now he looks like a bust - not even as good as Deslauriers was last year, but its maddening because with his size, his strength and his hands he should be so much better.   Its unclear how good his vision is but when you look at some of the analysis videos they clearly show he is moving towards to the play - he sees the play - but he is just too slow to be effective.

They mention Boyle as a guy who had a very similar situation to McCarrons.  He was nearly given up on & then they hired a power skating coach and he was a new player.   Can McCarron do this?  Can the infusion of new coaches - with a history of working well with young players help?  I sure hope so.   Right now he looks like a bust but imagine if he suddenly found his potential?  
 

This. I agree. He`s a BIG boy and he could kick a** if his skating was faster and better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

As fans, it's the only strategy we can use. Short of someone buying the team from Molson (I'm doubtful that happens), we have to avoid giving him our money. Even if we can hit Molson's pocketbook in just a minor way, it might be enough to facilitate change over the next couple of seasons.

Remember though this isn't the sixties. Gate receipts are always great but the corporate support advertisers and the businesses that support the team are a much bigger factor. Also every time we all go on a Canadiens web site we are supporting the team even if it is to complain. The same way Facebook makes money you go on an affiliated site every hit the sponsors pay the canadiens a little more. So are we all going to boycott the businesses that support the HABS and stay off this and other Canadien supported web sites? It is also much different in a Canadian city to say you're not going to watch or go to a game , but it's not like most US NHL markets where they now go to the Baseball or NFL or NBA or even NASCAR or a lot of areas the NCAA sporting teams are actually followed more. In Canada people will watch even if it's just to complain about it with their friends anyway. Will everyone stop wearing their Canadiens gear not let their kid wear them? The idea sounds great but I don't see it really happening. Also a vast majority of seating is corporate owned, so seats can go without people in them and still already be sold. The old you never know what might happen and people who have seats not wanting to lose them for when the team improves will hold on to their seats.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Interesting article about McCarron here.

They mention Boyle as a guy who had a very similar situation to McCarrons.  He was nearly given up on & then they hired a power skating coach and he was a new player.   Can McCarron do this?  Can the infusion of new coaches - with a history of working well with young players help?  I sure hope so.   Right now he looks like a bust but imagine if he suddenly found his potential?  
 

That would kill MB to do that

\

https://www.quantumspeed.ca/nhl_clients.aspx

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.