Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Kirk Muller

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Associate coach has agreed to a two year extension.

Best news I've heard all summer.

Now make him the head coach!!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Now make him the head coach!!!!!!!!!!

This may not be such a bad idea, but as long as Molson and Bergevin are there, things are not going to change.

At least the extension wasn't for 5 years. :ph34r: I'm fine with signing him to a 2-year extension, but it isn't going to change the fact that Montreal is going to be putrid for those years.

4 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

We got a power play goal!

Even a blind squirrel  manages to find one once in awhile. After almost the equivalent of a full game with a man advantage, the law of averages was in our corner. Still looked pretty putrid for the most part. 

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Even a blind squirrel  manages to find one once in awhile. After almost the equivalent of a full game with a man advantage, the law of averages was in our corner. Still looked pretty putrid for the most part. 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day? Or in our case, once. 

2 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day? Or in our case, once. 

In our case,,,, once a month.

Was he really our power play coach this past season or was it a prank?

13 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Was he really our power play coach this past season or was it a prank?

Apparently he was. I'm curious to see how his role might change for 2019-2020... Because there's no way they can let him run the PP again, can they?

always tough to know who exactly is doing what but they do make it sound like Kirk was running the PP show.

Id love to see Ducharme try his hand at it... or maybe they bring in someone entirely different. I think a new fresh year/start will help no matter who is at the helm.

9 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Because there's no way they can let him run the PP again, can they?

Actually, they can.  :4224: Because there's no longer any accountability to the fans and public.  Any still remembers the "No Excuses" mantra at Bergevin's first introductory press conference as new GM?  It was just lip service, but none of the press journalists has the courage to remind the GM at press conferences.  

The players are the one's at fault for the putrid powerplay. Muller was never on the ice.

12 hours ago, habs1952 said:

The players are the one's at fault for the putrid powerplay. Muller was never on the ice.

Yeah... there's definitely blame on both sides. The coach and the players both need to take accountability. It's not one of the other. However, the low hanging fruit here is to have another coach take over running the powerplay and then having him determine personnel.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah... there's definitely blame on both sides. The coach and the players both need to take accountability. It's not one of the other. However, the low hanging fruit here is to have another coach take over running the powerplay and then having him determine personnel.

For me the real question is did Muller have his choice of personnel or was that dictated by Julien? We all know how much Julien likes to give up control. I also think we have mostly the right personnel if one or two of them would just shoot more we can't rely solely on shots from our D.

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

For me the real question is did Muller have his choice of personnel or was that dictated by Julien? We all know how much Julien likes to give up control. I also think we have mostly the right personnel if one or two of them would just shoot more we can't rely solely on shots from our D.

After 82 games I think we can most assuredly say the powerplay did not have the right people on it. Or the staff couldn't somehow come up with a sensible plan for them. And we'll never know how much Julien may have exerted control over it, so... there's not really much point in speculating.

I stand by saying the team needs to have someone else take over the powerplay.

32 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

After 82 games I think we can most assuredly say the powerplay did not have the right people on it. Or the staff couldn't somehow come up with a sensible plan for them. And we'll never know how much Julien may have exerted control over it, so... there's not really much point in speculating.

I stand by saying the team needs to have someone else take over the powerplay.

I thought that would be the way to go too. And it may still be... considering the Senators have asked to talk with Descharmes, who may need to be replaced o=if he jumps at the opportunity with Ottawa

48 minutes ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

I thought that would be the way to go too. And it may still be... considering the Senators have asked to talk with Descharmes, who may need to be replaced o=if he jumps at the opportunity with Ottawa

Unrelated, but...

I desperately want Ottawa to hire Jacques Martin. Because. Funny.

1 hour ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

This seems to be pure speculation.  There are no concrete stories, just rumors.   It would seem premature - he's barely been an NHL Assistant - and I think Ottawa will likely want a proven, established HC so i dont even know they'd ask to talk to him at this point. 

45 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Unrelated, but...

I desperately want Ottawa to hire Jacques Martin. Because. Funny.

Very funny.

Completely unrelated but who lives in the east and is getting flooded?

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

This seems to be pure speculation.  There are no concrete stories, just rumors.   It would seem premature - he's barely been an NHL Assistant - and I think Ottawa will likely want a proven, established HC so i dont even know they'd ask to talk to him at this point. 

Yes this is news to me. I haven’t heard any rumours to this.

56 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Yes this is news to me. I haven’t heard any rumours to this.

I know RDS had him listed as a "potential target" and i think at least one other media outlet brought up his name but i found no evidence of ottawa actually reaching out to montreal at all

Selon le journaliste Bruce Garrioch, du quotidien Ottawa Sun, le directeur général des Sénateurs Pierre Dorion a déjà obtenu la permission des Penguins de Pittsburgh pour s’entretenir avec Jacques Martin et il aurait déjà rencontré l’entraîneur-chef intérimaire Marc Crawford.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2019/04/24/dominique-ducharme-sur-la-liste-des-senateurs-1

It was also mentioned by Pierre Lebrun on Sportsnet