The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

It's Gameday!!!! 7:30PM on RDS, TSN2 and 98.5 FM, AM 690

kinot-2

2 hours ago, Netcase2 said:

Hey guys. I'm ready for another frustrating season.

I believe our frustration will be directly related to what Carey Price shows up.   If its last year's Carey, we're in trouble.  If its "good carey"  we might win a few games. If its "god-mode carey" then we may just do alright. 

11 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I believe our frustration will be directly related to what Carey Price shows up.   If its last year's Carey, we're in trouble.  If its "good carey"  we might win a few games. If its "god-mode carey" then we may just do alright. 

Problem is that even if Carey's great, we're probably battling for a playoff spot at best. With this defence, we have zero chance of making a Cup run, and if that's the case, the question is whether it is worth losing a top pick to go out in the first round or just miss the post-season.

As for tonight's game, the guys who we thought would look good looked good... Juulsen, Mete, Hudon, Lehkonen... Tatar and Chaput and Kotkaniemi also played well. Who was disappointing? Alzner and especially Schlemko looked really slow and off, just like last year. And Plekanec didn't create very much, which is concerning because he's eating a line-up spot that could be better-used by giving experience to a younger player. I don't think Plekanec should be a lock to get a roster spot, but I think he's going to be gifted one because of his history here.

46 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Problem is that even if Carey's great, we're probably battling for a playoff spot at best. With this defence, we have zero chance of making a Cup run, and if that's the case, the question is whether it is worth losing a top pick to go out in the first round or just miss the post-season.

As for tonight's game, the guys who we thought would look good looked good... Juulsen, Mete, Hudon, Lehkonen... Tatar and Chaput and Kotkaniemi also played well. Who was disappointing? Alzner and especially Schlemko looked really slow and off, just like last year. And Plekanec didn't create very much, which is concerning because he's eating a line-up spot that could be better-used by giving experience to a younger player. I don't think Plekanec should be a lock to get a roster spot, but I think he's going to be gifted one because of his history here.

For the most part I agree with you but, I reserve judgment on the "final" team, until the 6-7-8th game is played, and how the team shakes down. By then, there will be cuts. Petry and Benn did not play and Petry plays the PP. I thought that Niemi "could" have stopped that goal. I'm hoping that Kotka sticks around for the 9 games. 

4 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

I mean I'm not deluded into thinking they'll compete for anything higher than wildcard at best, but they didn't actually stink like they did for most of last seaon

Methinks it might be false hope. :D