Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Your Rant.

13 posts in this topic

Ya know, all of us have things that tick us off. This is not a thread for politics (there's another thread for that ) . This is for "other stuff".  This for the other stuff that ticks you off  in other everyday living. Things like drivers cutting you of, or not signalling ,,, people taking up space in the grocery aisle talking, etc

So, my rant of the day (and I have many), more to come about charities. 

I see a commercial for donating to the "poor, unfortunate people" of (insert country here), often. Tell ya what,,, where are the fathers? Little XXX travels 5-10- or more miles to get water. Ummmm, here's what you do. Move to where the water is. Ya got nothing anyways, what have you got to lose.?

Edited by kinot-2

I'm not going to go into the political aspects of this here. But I do know some things. In many of these countries, water and other precious resources are controlled by the government, and in many cases like this, by some despot (or dictator). Who controls the water supply controls the population. And also in many cases, what aid people give often winds up in the hands of said despots (or dictators) and never reaches the people. And in many cases, the father is off fighting somewhere either on behalf of the government or for a group fighting the government. I do agree with you on this - these commercials are getting old and tired.

I get ticked off at people who open 'Your Rant' threads. :banana_dancing:

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, all of us have things that tick us off. This is not a thread for politics (there's another thread for that ) . This is for "other stuff".  This for the other stuff that ticks you off  in other everyday living. Things like drivers cutting you of, or not signalling ,,, people taking up space in the grocery aisle talking, etc

So, my rant of the day (and I have many), more to come about charities. 

I see a commercial for donating to the "poor, unfortunate people" of (insert country here), often. Tell ya what,,, where are the fathers? Little XXX travels 5-10- or more miles to get water. Ummmm, here's what you do. Move to where the water is. Ya got nothing anyways, what have you got to lose.?

Several phone calls a day from charities.  

3 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Several phone calls a day from charities.  

I just ell them to ask Trudeau for the money, cuz he has most of mine. 

Ya know, I won't ever donate to a charity where the CEO is making over $100,000. IMO, the "major" charities are businesses. For example, the Cancer society has been in existence since 1938. That's 80 years. People are still dying of cancer. 

With hurricane Florence now gone, they are cleaning up, and finding more bodies. I watched on CNN in the 3-4 days prior to the hurricane landing. CNN said that it will be bad, and for people to leave the area. Many didn't leave and now are dead, because they didn't heed the warnings. 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

With hurricane Florence now gone, they are cleaning up, and finding more bodies. I watched on CNN in the 3-4 days prior to the hurricane landing. CNN said that it will be bad, and for people to leave the area. Many didn't leave and now are dead, because they didn't heed the warnings. 

I know that some had legitimate excuses for staying, but others were just fools. Not only did they put themselves and family at risk but also the 1st responders forced to rescue them. I just don't understand how some people think..

On another rant,,,,, drivers are becoming more insane by the minute. Just too many examples to bring up, but seriously,,,, WTH is wrong with these road morons?

Despite the billions of dollars spent to ease traffic on the 401 highway, traffic is much, much worse. The taxpayer is being scammed.  

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Despite the billions of dollars spent to ease traffic on the 401 highway, traffic is much, much worse. The taxpayer is being scammed.  

Down here, we've had more and more semi accidents resulting in death, 

Energy drinks,,,,,, I do not understand in the least, why young people use them. They are young you should have enough energy.

BTW, I once bought 2 cans of an energy drink,,,, IMO,,,, just like beer, it tasted awfull. I threw the other can out. 

Edited by kinot-2

Gender Identity. Can someone, anyone tell me why the previous Liberal gov't, (in Ont.)put in their sex ed classes, gender identity at the grade 3 level? That's 9 years old. Let's say for instance, that a 9 or 10 year old person says to themselves "I think I'll change my sex from boy/girl to boy/girl. That is a life changing decision. How long before that person gets bullied?

Another thing, Nova Scotia recently passed something that says you can have "X" where the sex designation is on their birth certificate. What would other countries have to say about that if you travel there? 

Edited by kinot-2

Humans can put a man on the moon but they can't devise a way to actually fix a pothole.