Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Your Rant.

101 posts in this topic

Another frustrating day at the grocery store. I go to the express lane (12 items or less) and only one lady ahead of me. Of course she can't count as she had 23 items. The place price matches and of course she had a damn coupon for every single item,,,, or a flyer from other stores. Do you think she had them all organized? Of course not. Took close to 10 minutes as she searched through her friggin phone and flipped through the damn flyers. Express my ass.:5155:

14 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Another frustrating day at the grocery store. I go to the express lane (12 items or less) and only one lady ahead of me. Of course she can't count as she had 23 items. The place price matches and of course she had a damn coupon for every single item,,,, or a flyer from other stores. Do you think she had them all organized? Of course not. Took close to 10 minutes as she searched through her friggin phone and flipped through the damn flyers. Express my ass.:5155:

And then she had to search through her purse for her wallet! 

11 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

And then she had to search through her purse for her wallet! 

Used a debit card and it looked like it was her first time.:rolleyes:

I went to a corner store to buy lotto tickets, there was a kid about 10 getting 3 bottles of pop. Then he pulls out a debit card and waves it over the little machine. Heck, I could have followed him out and stole the card from him. 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I went to a corner store to buy lotto tickets, there was a kid about 10 getting 3 bottles of pop. Then he pulls out a debit card and waves it over the little machine. Heck, I could have followed him out and stole the card from him. 

But you did get the pop right?

10 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

But you did get the pop right?

It wasn't what I drink. :P

15 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

:4224:He would have kicked your butt old-timer! :4224:

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

:4224:He would have kicked your butt old-timer! :4224:

:6185:

:6188:

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Fixed. :frech1:

28 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

:6188:

:6416:

Ya know, tonight on the news, they said that the University of Guelph is offering a course on growing marijuana. Now, I know of a friend of a friend that Googled "How to Grow Marijuana". It pretty much said everything needed to know on growing pot. Why would the university need a course on it. 

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, tonight on the news, they said that the University of Guelph is offering a course on growing marijuana. Now, I know of a friend of a friend that Googled "How to Grow Marijuana". It pretty much said everything needed to know on growing pot. Why would the university need a course on it. 

Money. <_<

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

You can google "how to pierce your own tongue" but Id still recommend going to a piercer who was actually trained if thats something you wanted... 

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

You can google "how to pierce your own tongue" but Id still recommend going to a piercer who was actually trained if thats something you wanted... 

IDK,,,, but I know that the friend of my friend, did grow some with only rudimentary knowledge, and it turned out great, but he wouldn't have his tongue pierced. :P

My "friends" wouldn't have a clue that Brigitte Bardot had a singing career..Buy her albums...At least don't stick me with continued practice on the sax and not even know..Crime a ninny.

Ya know, back in the day when I was a teenager, there was only "Take out"  fish and chips. Then came along a Drive-in Restaurant with car-hops. After that came along drive thru restaurants. Now, we have basically Meals on Wheels, and where every grocery store, pizza place, restaurant, has delivery. some of these "Meals on Wheels" will deliver hot food, or the makings for a hot meal, or cold (so you can make it). Grocery stores will collect all of your groceries and you can pick them up. Pharmacies will deliver your meds. Alexa will turn on/off anything, geez, can't you get your tv remote to work, or turn the light off?  

Ya know, my wife and I go out for supper once a month. We make our own pizzas (add bacon, mushrooms, and cheese)., I've only had delivery a pizza twice in the last 35 years.

Seems to me that as a society, we are getting lazy.

I would hope that when the students are "marching/walking" along the roads, that they will be picking up all the litter that they see. 

And BTW, I wonder if Greta knows that she is being used by the climate activists. 

All trains leaving Chicago are local so build an island with a lake in the middle in Lake Michigan and put the United Nations there. How much more obvious could it be??????

Ya know, how lazy have we become as a society? 

Back in the day (50's) the only food places that were available for take out, were fish and chips (where I or my brother would race to pick up an order and race home before it got cold). Then came pizza places that you can order from pick up and race home again. Then came along drive-in restaurants with car-hops (1 in Chatham). Then came Mickey D's, Arby's, A&W's, etc. Then came deliveries from those same "restaurants". Now comes along basically "Meals on Wheels" where they deliver food (hot or cold) to your door, I've seen commercials that show seniors showing them having "imported meals" (don't they have the time to cook their own meals, because I sure do?).  

I've only ordered pizza about twice in the last 30 years (never anything else), because I buy an "on sale" pizza and decorate it with my own bacon, cheese, and mushrooms to suit my own taste. 

I'm glad I won't have to see what the future will become. 

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Back in the day (50's) the only food places that were available for take out, were fish and chips (where I or my brother would race to pick up an order and race home before it got cold). Then came pizza places that you can order from pick up and race home again. Then came along drive-in restaurants with car-hops (1 in Chatham). Then came Mickey D's, Arby's, A&W's, etc. Then came deliveries from those same "restaurants". Now comes along basically "Meals on Wheels" where they deliver food (hot or cold) to your door, I've seen commercials that show seniors showing them having "imported meals" (don't they have the time to cook their own meals, because I sure do?).  

I've only ordered pizza about twice in the last 30 years (never anything else), because I buy an "on sale" pizza and decorate it with my own bacon, cheese, and mushrooms to suit my own taste. 

Those were THE days. 

Edited by habs1952

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

They'll get an android to serve it to you one spoonful at a time.:lol:

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Those were THE days. 

Yup.

9 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

They'll get an android to serve it to you one spoonful at a time.:lol:

Makes me think of those people on the spaceship in WALL-E.  :D

Let's talk about the OSSTF (Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation), here in Ontario. If I were the gov't, I would say to the OSSTF that if you have a one day of work to rule province wide,, I will fire 100 teachers. If you have a one day work to rule in selected cites, I will fire 10 teachers from that city, starting with the most senior teachers all of whom would not be rehired. They want to be tough, then we can be tough. Let's see how that would work out. It's time to play hardball with unions that constantly hold the province hostage. 

Edited by kinot-2