Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Your Rant.

101 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Let's talk about the OSSTF (Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation), here in Ontario. If I were the gov't, I would say to the OSSTF that if you have a one day of work to rule province wide,, I will fire 100 teachers. If you have a one day work to rule in selected cites, I will fire 10 teachers from that city, starting with the most senior teachers all of whom would not be rehired. They want to be tough, then we can be tough. Let's see how that would work out. It's time to play hardball with unions that constantly hold the province hostage. 

I can't help but laugh when they tell us it's not about the money. It's ALWAYS about the money!

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I can't help but laugh when they tell us it's not about the money. It's ALWAYS about the money!

Have you ever asked yourself exactly what their hourly wage is? Let's say they earn $70,000 per year on average, then break it down to an hourly wage like most people get. I think it's safe to say (just guessing) but it would have to be around $50 an hour. I mean if you discount the summers, 2 week Christmas break, Easter break, PD days. How many actual work days do they have? Then you could narrow it down to an hourly wage. And lets not forget their generous benefits. 

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Have you ever asked yourself exactly what their hourly wage is? Let's say they earn $70,000 per year on average, then break it down to an hourly wage like most people get. I think it's safe to say (just guessing) but it would have to be around $50 an hour. I mean if you discount the summers, 2 week Christmas break, Easter break, PD days. How many actual work days do they have? Then you could narrow it down to an hourly wage. And lets not forget their generous benefits. 

The Ontario Ministry of Education stated that the average provincially funded teacher salary was Cad$90,469 in 2018-2019, and Cad$92,913 for high school teachers. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

The Ontario Ministry of Education stated that the average provincially funded teacher salary was Cad$90,469 in 2018-2019, and Cad$92,913 for high school teachers. 

THANX :)

Waiting for the spelling police  :frech1:

Edited by kinot-2

Shouldn't complain about teachers. They work a whole 10 months of the year teaching our kids how to add, subtract and multiply,,,, not to mention the effort they put into teaching them how to write. Tough sledding doing all that work for such a pittance.:ph34r:

19 hours ago, habs1952 said:

17 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Shouldn't complain about teachers. They work a whole 10 months of the year teaching our kids how to add, subtract and multiply,,,, not to mention the effort they put into teaching them how to write. Tough sledding doing all that work for such a pittance.:ph34r:

After doing some number crunching, I took the $90,000, and divided it by 41 weeks (8 summer weeks + 1 week at Christmas, + 1 week at Easter, + 1 week PD days), and I got $2,200 (roughly) per week. Divide that by 40 hours, and it's $54.87 per hour. 

Anyone else out there making that much per hour? 

15 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

After doing some number crunching, I took the $90,000, and divided it by 41 weeks (8 summer weeks + 1 week at Christmas, + 1 week at Easter, + 1 week PD days), and I got $2,200 (roughly) per week. Divide that by 40 hours, and it's $54.87 per hour. 

Anyone else out there making that much per hour? 

I'm not a teacher and I don't live in Ontario, so I haven't really been following along and I don't have much of an opinion one way or another about the current labour dispute, but to be fair I think most teachers work a lot more than 40 hours a week.  Grading, lesson planning, after-school activities, etc. eat up a lot of time when they're not necessarily in school.  Also, that week of PD days is time off for the students, but not for the teachers.

It's hard to say whether they're paid fairly or not, but I know for sure that I would not be next in line to take on their job.  My own kids are work enough for me, thanks! :P

Prison given the system that we use must be totally dehumanizing and I don't see that I'm really in a position to change anything about it either.

Trump complaining about impeachment being unfair when he coordinates with McConnell on strategy.  His complaint is not being able to grandstand.  

McConnell has being calm in the face of the dullest people in the world is NOT an accomplishment to my mind.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, Manatee-X said:

I'm not a teacher and I don't live in Ontario, so I haven't really been following along and I don't have much of an opinion one way or another about the current labour dispute, but to be fair I think most teachers work a lot more than 40 hours a week.  Grading, lesson planning, after-school activities, etc. eat up a lot of time when they're not necessarily in school.  Also, that week of PD days is time off for the students, but not for the teachers.

It's hard to say whether they're paid fairly or not, but I know for sure that I would not be next in line to take on their job.  My own kids are work enough for me, thanks! :P

This.

I wouldnt take on a teacher's job for double the salary they have.  

Some people standing in line for fast food are just total morons. It's called FAST FOOD idiots. They stand in line with 4 or 5 ahead of them and when they finally get to the cash register, they look at one another and ask,,,"What do you want?" None of them have a clue what they intend to order. They had forever to go through the HUGE menu right in front of their damn faces and not a single one bothered to read it ahead of time. I even had one lady stare at the menu as the guy was ready to take her order and after about a good minute she asked him the brilliant question,,, "whats on a BLT?". The guy just stared at her before he answered sarcastically,,,bacon,,,,,,,,,,, lettuce,,,,,,,,,,,, tomato. Honestly,,,, are these people just escapees from Trump land? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Some people standing in line for fast food are just total morons. It's called FAST FOOD idiots. They stand in line with 4 or 5 ahead of them and when they finally get to the cash register, they look at one another and ask,,,"What do you want?" None of them have a clue what they intend to order. They had forever to go through the HUGE menu right in front of their damn faces and not a single one bothered to read it ahead of time. I even had one lady stare at the menu as the guy was ready to take her order and after about a good minute she asked him the brilliant question,,, "whats on a BLT?". The guy just stared at her before he answered sarcastically,,,bacon,,,,,,,,,,, lettuce,,,,,,,,,,,, tomato. Honestly,,,, are these people just escapees from Trump land? :rolleyes:

Just pray you never get behind Kinot in a lineup for fast food!

12 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Just pray you never get behind Kinot in a lineup for fast food!

I can speak for all of the Kinots and I know for a fact that we do not go to fast food joints. :frech1:

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I can speak for all of the Kinots and I know for a fact that we do not go to fast food joints. :frech1:

So, you've been banned? 

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

So, you've been banned? 

Probably for asking what's on a BLT,,, then trying to use a coupon.:frech1:

6 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Probably for asking what's on a BLT,,, then trying to use a coupon.:frech1:

The coupon was probably expired. 

4 hours ago, habs1952 said:

The coupon was probably expired. 

:frech1:

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Marshall McLuhan was Canadian..The medium IS the message when using only the back and lungs...Of course Toronto is all about rushing hands into the game...My question is don't we live and breathe the hockey medium? Does it matter who wins or loses as long as we've got the message ourselves? Where are the coaches that say relax on the power play?

Posted (edited)

Can we get a pretty girl peeking/smiling at us from behind her Habs hat prominently featured or NOT??????????????????????

Edited by archey

1 hour ago, archey said:

Can we get a pretty girl peeking/smiling at us from behind her Habs hat prominently featured or NOT??????????????????????

Here ya go. habs-girl.jpg

On 3/1/2020 at 11:44 AM, habs1952 said:

Here ya go. habs-girl.jpg

Ouch...So nice..TY

I tell ya what...Whether Pilote was thinking of Bardot or NOT...And whether the ladies born of Israel had a chance to respond or NOT wash YOUR hands..Coronavirus is serious...Thanks

WInter's ending and the dreams of having been made tough enough to wake coated in morning dew get stronger and stronger--as well as the doubts..So how tough is tough enough?  Oh great...It ain't our team ...So who is it? Damn coronavirus.....

You know Trump isn't the only one who thinks he's immune to freshwater keelhauling I bet..

Doesn't make him innocent in the least however..

Not to my mind.

3 hours ago, archey said:

You know Trump isn't the only one who thinks he's immune to freshwater keelhauling I bet..

Doesn't make him innocent in the least however..

Not to my mind.

Trump should be keelhauled under the Teddy Roosevelt..........from bow to stern.