Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

The Injury Thread.

181 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Jake Evans knocked out cold and stretchered off in the rookie game tonight. He crossed the blue line with the puck and dumped it in, then took a forearm to the neck/face. Technically not an illegal hit because it wasn't blindside nor was it late, but still high and unnecessary. Evans appeared to hit his head onto the ice, and it looked like it was that second impact which knocked him out. He's one of the few guys in rookie camp with an actual shot at making the Habs, so it's a tough blow.

Annnnnnd it begins. 

4 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

And it continues...

For the second game in a row, a Canadiens prospet required medical attention.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2018/9/9/17838474/jarret-tyszka-stretchered-off-ice-run-from-behind-montreal-canadiens-toronto-maple-leafs

Yup....crosschecked head first into the boards. And in typical Habs fashion not one "Habs" player stepped in to have his back. The Habs sure know how to draft 'em.

9 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Yup....crosschecked head first into the boards. And in typical Habs fashion not one "Habs" player stepped in to have his back. The Habs sure know how to draft 'em.

Bouchard publicly called out the team for the lack of response.

Canadiens' Nicolas Deslauriers out indefinitely with facial fracture.

36 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Further proof that fighting a thug in a pre-season game serves no purpose.

5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

The way I seen it was that Deslauriers finished his check and was leaving the area and the Devil's player went after him. IMO, Deslauriers, had no choice. 

49 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Feel bad for him, he was a really nice storyline last year but honestly him out means 1 more spot for a youngster to try to make a name for himself so this is not necessarily a bad thing for the team.  We know what Nic Deslauriers brings to this roster. If this means Shinkaruk or Scherbak or Addison get a longer look or better still a real shot, then so be it. 

12 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Yeah, im all for dropping the gloves a-la Sheldon Souray when a teammate is hurt but this seemed totally pointless.  Deslauriers has secured a paycheck with the big club.  Anyone who wants to fight him in preseason is just trying to make a name for themselves. 

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The way I seen it was that Deslauriers finished his check and was leaving the area and the Devil's player went after him. IMO, Deslauriers, had no choice. 

Well there's always a choice.  Im not saying he turtles but dont drop you gloves.  Tell the guy "its preseason, I aint fighting. See you in the regular season" or something.  But i know thats not "the code."

^^ I'm fully on board with a guy dropping the gloves if one of his teammates gets pummeled or hit illegally or our goalie gets run or so on. But I don't see the purpose of these staged fights or fights between goons for no reason. So a guy gets hit by Deslauriers and doesn't like it. Skate away. If he slashes you or drops his gloves, you get a PP for your team. There's nothing to prove by fighting.

Nick Suzuki is injured, no details as of yet. 

18 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Really? i dont see that anywhere...  lets hope the report is wrong or its really minor. He has a great opportunity with domi out. 

19 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Just now, maas_art said:

Really? i dont see that anywhere...  lets hope the report is wrong or its really minor. He has a great opportunity with domi out. 

Yeah, he's listed on the injured player list for today's report.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Yeah, he's listed on the injured player list for today's report.

Crappy timing!

CJ said yesterday that Suzuki will be back on the ice today. He's still at camp. Just not in the line-up tonight. 

Peca has a "minor groin injury"

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Peca has a "minor groin injury"

He's looked so good thats a shame.  Although it gives us one more centre spot to start the year... Hrm.. What Finnish teenager might benefit from that? 

Schlemko is out for 6 weeks with a knee injury. 

9 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Schlemko is out for 6 weeks with a knee injury. 

Yikes.  Just when he was looking like he might be the best of the worst.      Well, no real loss there.   Thankfully at practice today the pairings were Mete-Petry  Reilly-Juulsen as our top 4.  I can definitely live with that until Weber comes back.   

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yikes.  Just when he was looking like he might be the best of the worst.      Well, no real loss there.   Thankfully at practice today the pairings were Mete-Petry  Reilly-Juulsen as our top 4.  I can definitely live with that until Weber comes back.   

Now if Alzner could break a nail our season could start with a good backend and might start to be a little more effective.

46 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

Now if Alzner could break a nail our season could start with a good backend and might start to be a little more effective.

The silver lining seems to be that the coaching staff has identified the younger players as our better ones & are pushing Benn, Alzner and Schlemko down the lineup.  I wonder if Benn gets put on waivers or MB tries to trade him for futures. 

JDLR will not travel with the team. He has a cardiac problem. 

15 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Having cardiac problems at the age of 23 is NOT a good sign.