Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

The Injury Thread.

181 posts in this topic

Weber skated today. That is all, we now return you to your regular reading. :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Weber skated today. That is all, we now return you to your regular reading. :)

 

Nice.    I am sure there's LOTs of recovery still but its a good sign he's on skates already.  I think he's been walking without help for a bit now right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

it will be interesting to see how he recovers.

There's a short clip on sports net.  he looks very tentative but definitely skating. I have no idea how long he'll be out but the fact he can skate at all at this stage has to be seen as a positive.

Im pretty sure, after missing him this long, they wont rush him back until he's 100%.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleky could be out for multiple weeks with a back issue and has been placed on IR. Deslaurier has come off the IR list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Pleky could be out for multiple weeks with a back issue and has been placed on IR. Deslaurier has come off the IR list.

They may try and place players on and off of the IT all year to prevent anyone from picking them up off of waivers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Pleky could be out for multiple weeks with a back issue and has been placed on IR. Deslaurier has come off the IR list.

The thousandth game behind him, interesting timing on the injury.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Pleky could be out for multiple weeks with a back issue and has been placed on IR. Deslaurier has come off the IR list.

 

42 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

They may try and place players on and off of the IT all year to prevent anyone from picking them up off of waivers

 

8 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

The thousandth game behind him, interesting timing on the injury.

Was going to comment on the same thing... very convenient for the Habs that Plekanec has a nagging back injury that has suddenly come to light and requires a couple of weeks of rest at exactly the same time Deslauriers is ready to come off IR. It really makes you wonder if anyone approached Plekanec and told him, "listen, if you don't want to go on IR, then we're thinking of waiving you to go to the minors, which means you're either going to Laval or you're risking someone claiming you and leaving Montreal again. But if you go on IR with this injury of no specific duration, then whenever we run into another injury and you're next man up, then you just come back to playing."

Which is not to say he doesn't have an injury and that it wouldn't benefit from being rested, but you have to wonder that if Drouin or Gallagher had this injury, would the team be more open to their playing through it. It's just very conveniently the exact type of injury that can't be verified or that you can't give a specific duration about to exactly the player you'd consider sitting at exactly the time you'd need it to happen to prevent needing waivers. A lot of things seemed to line up here to make this at least suspicious in nature.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

 

 

Was going to comment on the same thing... very convenient for the Habs that Plekanec has a nagging back injury that has suddenly come to light and requires a couple of weeks of rest at exactly the same time Deslauriers is ready to come off IR. It really makes you wonder if anyone approached Plekanec and told him, "listen, if you don't want to go on IR, then we're thinking of waiving you to go to the minors, which means you're either going to Laval or you're risking someone claiming you and leaving Montreal again. But if you go on IR with this injury of no specific duration, then whenever we run into another injury and you're next man up, then you just come back to playing."

Which is not to say he doesn't have an injury and that it wouldn't benefit from being rested, but you have to wonder that if Drouin or Gallagher had this injury, would the team be more open to their playing through it. It's just very conveniently the exact type of injury that can't be verified or that you can't give a specific duration about to exactly the player you'd consider sitting at exactly the time you'd need it to happen to prevent needing waivers. A lot of things seemed to line up here to make this at least suspicious in nature.

Let's face it, in today's sports world its easy enough to get injured, even in a minor way.

It's not beyond a teams' power to use a so called injury in order to play politics IMO.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm highly suspicious of the Pleks injury and it's timing ... he looked fine that entire last game, played in the last 2-3 mins if I remember right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

I'm highly suspicious of the Pleks injury and it's timing ... he looked fine that entire last game, played in the last 2-3 mins if I remember right.

Bottom line is Plekanec just doesn't belong in today's Habs' structure. Let's move on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Bottom line is Plekanec just doesn't belong in today's Habs' structure. Let's move on.

Sure but I'd also like to see the franchise squeeze him into 16 more games this year to allow him to get 1000gp in a Habs uniform ... not many players have achieved that and it'd be something to let him have before he retires/moves on for good

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Sure but I'd also like to see the franchise squeeze him into 16 more games this year to allow him to get 1000gp in a Habs uniform ... not many players have achieved that and it'd be something to let him have before he retires/moves on for good

^^^^ This,,, he deserves no less. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Sure but I'd also like to see the franchise squeeze him into 16 more games this year to allow him to get 1000gp in a Habs uniform ... not many players have achieved that and it'd be something to let him have before he retires/moves on for good

Unfortunately if no one gets hurt any time soon I see the habs moving him to the ltir until someone goes down. I don't think that the habs will play him just so he hits 1000 with the habs. He may deserve that achievement but who on the team deserves to sit so he can get there.also with regard to Weber, I personally don't like him never have all he ever had going for him was his shot and checking ability. He has no speed never has and doesn't stickhandle or move the puck well. With today's NHL focusing on speed and skill I think he will mostly look like a ridiculously huge pylon out there. I wouldn't go as far as saying he will be another Alzner cause he isn't that bad but more like another Seabrook or Orpik. All certainly capable of shutting down teams best forwards IF they can catch them or remain in a good enough position defensively to not get turned inside out with speed and skill. But still almost obsolete cause of the lack of mobility. Wish we hadn't named him captain cause now we are not likely to trade him this year for better more mobile younger players.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with getting him in to at least 16 more games. Him and Peca looked very good on that 4th line. Always been a classy guy and deserves that honor.

When Weber comes back he will show you just how good he really is. He is an All-Star and will continue to be so for a few more years. Making him Captain will only improve his game.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tony5775 said:

I agree with getting him in to at least 16 more games. Him and Peca looked very good on that 4th line. Always been a classy guy and deserves that honor.

When Weber comes back he will show you just how good he really is. He is an All-Star and will continue to be so for a few more years. Making him Captain will only improve his game.

 

 

I know he was previously an all-star an my limited observation of him is a result of not seeing much of his playing abilities seeing as I live in the Leafs fan zone and there for am blacked out to most western conference games, I have no illusions that he is a great team leader but my issue lies with his age and his speed. Today's NHLis faster ANF younger and I worry that players like McDavid and Crosby may be able to use their speed against him more often than not. I hope I am wrong cause I know he if I am wrong then our defense is a hell of a lot better with him than without him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weber is skating again, according to TSN. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, campabee82 said:

I know he was previously an all-star an my limited observation of him is a result of not seeing much of his playing abilities seeing as I live in the Leafs fan zone and there for am blacked out to most western conference games, I have no illusions that he is a great team leader but my issue lies with his age and his speed. Today's NHLis faster ANF younger and I worry that players like McDavid and Crosby may be able to use their speed against him more often than not. I hope I am wrong cause I know he if I am wrong then our defense is a hell of a lot better with him than without him.

It was just last season and Crosby was one of the players that said rated Weber as one of the toughest to play against. Chara is still effective. Defense a lot of it is anticipation and positioning. A lot of great defensive defenseman are playing that never looked fast because they were smart and positioned themselves well. A good first pass can be a short pass as much as a long bomb. If you relieve pressure it's what counts. Also blocking shots can be huge depending on the timing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forward Tomas Plekanec is out with a back injury. He's missed the past two games, and it's not clear when he'll be able to return, but it could be several weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olafsson (the defensman we acquired from the wild for Bitten) re-injured the shoulder he hurt in the Wild's 1st preseason game.   He had surgery and will be out 6 months.

 

I get the sense that Olafsson (who the wild liked so much it made Reilly expendable to us last year's TD) might be one of those guys whose career just cannot get past the injuries. Reminds me alot of Benoit Brunet - lots of promise but made of glass. Too bad. Even at this point he projects as a #4-5dman.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with Byron slated to mis tonight's game and the 2 in N.Y. I see Plekanec is skating coincidence I think not 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to TSN, Armia has a knee injury that will be evaluated tonight. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

According to TSN, Armia has a knee injury that will be evaluated tonight. 

He’ll be out for awhile. 6-8 weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Thanks to one of, if not the dirtiest, teams in the league.

In the past two games, we had a headshot on Drouin... 2 minutes. A knee on knee that puts Armia out for two months... 2 minutes. A clear hit from behind without a last-minute turn on Shaw... 2 minutes. And with Shaw's concussion history, I don't think he's clearly out of the woods yet. All three plays could have and should have been major penalties and game misconducts. Instead, all minors and the offending player tonight gets the GWG in OT instead. No justice, no consistency with these calls and we get injuries instead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.