Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

The Injury Thread.

153 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I mean, the organization has always had tight lips regarding injuries (e.g. Carey Price). I hope that is not the case, but let's wait and see. Noah is a promising young talent. Hopefully he continues on and has a productive NHL career!

Eric Engels on Juulsen :

"He has an upper-body injury, an injury that requires rest, and it is not a concussion," a senior executive with the Canadiens told Sportsnet. "He’s out indefinitely."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Shaw was back on the ice at practice with his teammates, but Julien said that he won't be playing this weekend and that there's still no timeline for his return.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Eric Engels on Juulsen :

"He has an upper-body injury, an injury that requires rest, and it is not a concussion," a senior executive with the Canadiens told Sportsnet. "He’s out indefinitely."

Lol. :lol: So anything from the waist to the head... but not a concussion. Maybe it is nerve damage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Andrew Shaw was back on the ice at practice with his teammates, but Julien said that he won't be playing this weekend and that there's still no timeline for his return.

Back skating with the team is good, though! Nice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engels:

"Amidst speculation in the marketplace that defenceman Noah Juulsen has a career-threatening eye injury and a damaged nerve in his face, the Canadiens will only say that he has an upper-body injury, an injury requiring rest, and that he does NOT have a concussion."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Juulsen is ok.  I have a feeling this season is pretty much over for him - lets hope thats all it takes though.

I look back at that game & wonder if this all could have been avoided if, after the first puck to the face, they had take him to the room for a little bit.  I know its was an absolutely freak accident to take 2 pucks to the face in the same place in the same period but you have to think that second one was the one that did the damage after the area was already injured.  

Sad & lets hope he fully recovers soon. Sometimes hockey players just play too 'tough' - its not unlike weber last year... had he just taken time off maybe the injury woudlnt have worsened.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/medical-update-on-noah-juulsen/c-304384788

Confirmed, it's vision related

Noah Juulsen is out indefinitely with a vision-related issue that will require time to heal. The Canadiens organization is expecting Noah to make a full recovery. Out of respect to the player and the healing process, we will have no further comment at this time.

Edited by HabsAlways
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaw had a full contact practice today. Possible return as early as next Tuesday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/medical-update-on-noah-juulsen/c-304384788

Confirmed, it's vision related

Noah Juulsen is out indefinitely with a vision-related issue that will require time to heal. The Canadiens organization is expecting Noah to make a full recovery. Out of respect to the player and the healing process, we will have no further comment at this time.

Juulsen has had a tough year injury wise... he started really good this season and can easily become a top 4 pairing and maybe even a top 2 pairing deeman, health is more important though and I hope he has a full recovery so he can return wearing a Habs Jersey for the next 10 plus years....Here's to your health Noah. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real update from Julien on Byron's injury. He only said he's dealing with an arm injury where the severity is not known yet. Whatever that means.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

No real update from Julien on Byron's injury. He only said he's dealing with an arm injury where the severity is not known yet. Whatever that means.

In other words,,,,, in keeping with MB's new policy about being open with the fans,,,, we're not telling you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Andrew Shaw will miss Tuesday's game as he continues to deal with a neck injury. Shaw hasn’t been cleared to play and said Monday he needs one or two more practices before he feels ready to return to action. Suiting up Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets is a possibility for Shaw.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is part of an article on Byron.

"Byron did not return to the game and was later seen wearing a brace/soft cast on his left forearm."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news re: Byron:  Tests confirm he does NOT have a fracture and is listed as day to day. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Great news re: Byron:  Tests confirm he does NOT have a fracture and is listed as day to day. 

Awesome.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canadiens are 31st in the NHL on the power play (12.9 percent), but they are 13-5-1 in games when they haven't scored a power-play goal since Dec. 4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

The Canadiens are 31st in the NHL on the power play (12.9 percent), but they are 13-5-1 in games when they haven't scored a power-play goal since Dec. 4.

can you imagine if we had scored a PP goal in all of those games we may be 19-0-0 since then that would be scary. When the PP gets clicking we could actually be a force to recon with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

The Canadiens are 31st in the NHL on the power play (12.9 percent), but they are 13-5-1 in games when they haven't scored a power-play goal since Dec. 4.

That’s a weird injury stat?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

That’s a weird injury stat?

Injured power play. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Injured power play. 

Bingo. :)
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Injured power play. 

:4224:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Byron put on injured reserve.

:6351:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Byron put on injured reserve.

Hopefully it is just temporary

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also on Tuesday, the team announced that forward Paul Byron will no play on their upcoming three-game road trip. Byron has been out since Feb. 3 due to a forearm injury sustained against the Edmonton Oilers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.