Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Ex-Habs

186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Max starting the year ice cold. One point in 6 games.

it may be a blip & he may return to form but this is exactly why i think it was imperative for us to move him before the season started.   There was always that chance that last year was the beginning of a decline for him and not just an off year.  

We shall see but so far its been bad. 

24 minutes ago, maas_art said:

it may be a blip & he may return to form but this is exactly why i think it was imperative for us to move him before the season started.   There was always that chance that last year was the beginning of a decline for him and not just an off year.  

We shall see but so far its been bad. 

I always liked Pacioretty but I think it's better for the team that he's not around anymore. Just imagine the media and fan reaction had he started the year with 1 goal in 6 games in Montreal, it's a distraction the team simply doesn't need. Besides, Tatar is doing a fine job so far and seems to be better suited to CJ's new approach in general.

42 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

I always liked Pacioretty but I think it's better for the team that he's not around anymore. Just imagine the media and fan reaction had he started the year with 1 goal in 6 games in Montreal, it's a distraction the team simply doesn't need. Besides, Tatar is doing a fine job so far and seems to be better suited to CJ's new approach in general.

Yeah totally agree on both. Was always a patches fan but i think the move was the right one for everyone.  The fact that Tatar has been awesome (small sample size) and Suzuki is still the key part of the deal makes it really a wonderful move. 

Craig Rivet just keeps on giving and giving... ;)

JDLR is now a Redwing. 

20 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

JDLR is now a Redwing. 

Sort of sad to see him go, he had some of the things you'd really want in an NHL player but he was just a black-hole when it came to offense - not just him but what he did to his line.

I still think its sort of silly we let him go for nothing while we held on to guys like Plekanec or Alzner but i guess if our development team was confident he really had no higher ceiling there's no point in hoarding prospects.   Considering some of the other players we've waved this year, we're lucky to have only lost DLR. 

Wishing him the best in Detroit.

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Yeah totally agree on both. Was always a patches fan but i think the move was the right one for everyone.  The fact that Tatar has been awesome (small sample size) and Suzuki is still the key part of the deal makes it really a wonderful move. 

Craig Rivet just keeps on giving and giving... ;)

LOL, Craig Rivet! :lol: I forgot that's how we got the pick that we used on Patches!

14 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

LOL, Craig Rivet! :lol: I forgot that's how we got the pick that we used on Patches!

i know, right?  And then if Vegas' 2nd turns into a player we draft & later trade it will just keep on giving and giving... lol

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Sort of sad to see him go, he had some of the things you'd really want in an NHL player but he was just a black-hole when it came to offense - not just him but what he did to his line.

I still think its sort of silly we let him go for nothing while we held on to guys like Plekanec or Alzner but i guess if our development team was confident he really had no higher ceiling there's no point in hoarding prospects.   Considering some of the other players we've waved this year, we're lucky to have only lost DLR. 

This pick up actually doesn't surprise me. I think he may do well in Detroit. I could see him on a line with Shehan and Helm as a 3rd or 4th checking line.

DLR  was not much use to us here i never thought much of him either. i bet we tried to get something for him but really what has he done? and the heart thing pretty much sealed it.

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

I actually liked DLR and thought he had a bit more offensive upside than we seen and he made a good bottom 6 forward ... but, he became expendable because we have a log jam of bottom 6 forwards :P

I liked DLR, but I don't care about losing him to Detroit. I wish him the best with his new club. I feel like he never cemented a position in the bottom six with Montreal and now we have players like Kotkaniemi pushing for a spot on the club... so... sorry DLR.

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I liked DLR, but I don't care about losing him to Detroit. I wish him the best with his new club. I feel like he never cemented a position in the bottom six with Montreal and now we have players like Kotkaniemi pushing for a spot on the club... so... sorry DLR.

Maybe DLR is another victim of the Habs poor development system.

9 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I think he may very well have been but at least it looks like that may also have been improved upon this year.

21 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Not every prospect is going to make the NHL. Or be anything other than a fringe 4th line player. Our development system hasn't been great, but there's no way of knowing if this case is on our development system or DLR just not being good enough to be a constant fixture on a NHL roster.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:23 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Not every prospect is going to make the NHL. Or be anything other than a fringe 4th line player. Our development system hasn't been great, but there's no way of knowing if this case is on our development system or DLR just not being good enough to be a constant fixture on a NHL roster.

Whatever the issue is in terms of expectations and development, I'd still rather have him available an playing than some others currently on the roster... like Alzner, Deslauriers and maybe even Shaw.

9 hours ago, ChiLla said:

https://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-galchenyuk-to-make-coyotes-debut-1.1196699

Let's see how he fares in the desert. Really happy with Domi so far though :)

Domi has played really well for us. But no matter how Domi fares, I will always feel like the Habs completely bungled Galchenyuk's development, caused his trade value to drop, and then dealt him for far less than they could have gotten.

13 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Domi has played really well for us. But no matter how Domi fares, I will always feel like the Habs completely bungled Galchenyuk's development, caused his trade value to drop, and then dealt him for far less than they could have gotten.

Agree on all points.  When the deal went down I said lets be patient because Domi is a terrific player in his own right but the fact that we could only get him 1 for 1 for Galchenuk was the real problem. 

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

Agree on all points.  When the deal went down I said lets be patient because Domi is a terrific player in his own right but the fact that we could only get him 1 for 1 for Galchenuk was the real problem. 

I agree with all of this also. i remember when Chucky got here his skill and talent was so easy to see! his first season he did quite well then he started to get shuffled around the lineup and made to be the scapegoat for things beyond his control. now for sure his dad seems to be a real problem but hey the team could set a hard boundry around the practice and team enviroment to keep him out of the way too. it is a shame i don't think he will ever be what he could have been as some bad habits crept in probably due to frustration and confusion. i will say i am super happy with Domi he is a top notch player just sad we got him the way we did for a player i would have thought had a higher ceiling.

43 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I agree with all of this also. i remember when Chucky got here his skill and talent was so easy to see! his first season he did quite well then he started to get shuffled around the lineup and made to be the scapegoat for things beyond his control. now for sure his dad seems to be a real problem but hey the team could set a hard boundry around the practice and team enviroment to keep him out of the way too. it is a shame i don't think he will ever be what he could have been as some bad habits crept in probably due to frustration and confusion. i will say i am super happy with Domi he is a top notch player just sad we got him the way we did for a player i would have thought had a higher ceiling.

On TV last night, they said that Tie and Sundin were in TO for an Alumni game and they decided to take in the game. Not sure if Tie will be at every game tho. 

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

Per the bolded part, I agree. Lets say this was an issue and the team couldnt deal with it.  You dont wait and wait and let it fester. You quietly put feelers out there to see what you could get for him. Maybe we could have gotten drouin + ______ meaning we could have kept Sergachev.  Maybe we could have gotten Domi + ______ and not just 1 for 1 once it was apparent Galchenyuk could be a problem child. 

No matter how you cut it, it was pooly handled.  I actually think its possible Max Domi ends up as a better player than Galchenyuk and its very possible he ends up a much better fit in montreal but we still sold him for 75¢ on the dollar.

13 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Per the bolded part, I agree. Lets say this was an issue and the team couldnt deal with it.  You dont wait and wait and let it fester. You quietly put feelers out there to see what you could get for him. Maybe we could have gotten drouin + ______ meaning we could have kept Sergachev.  Maybe we could have gotten Domi + ______ and not just 1 for 1 once it was apparent Galchenyuk could be a problem child. 

No matter how you cut it, it was pooly handled.  I actually think its possible Max Domi ends up as a better player than Galchenyuk and its very possible he ends up a much better fit in montreal but we still sold him for 75¢ on the dollar.

We'll see how it goes as the season wears on, but to me, it seems as if we won that trade so far.

We'll need to monitor Galchenyuk in Arizona and compare.

Not to mention Paccioretty with Vegas.

Edited by Habs=stanleycup

35 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Patches got his second of the season 

Ya, and lo and behold he got it from the hash marks. 

Is Max injured? Didn't see him in the Vegas lineup tonight.