227 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I blame you.

What's next,,,,,, Global Warming? <_<

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Kinetic Induction of Nitrogen and Oxygen Thermodynamics

Edited by HabsAlways

Vegas rolling tonight... Carr with his 1st goal of the year and Pacman with two helpers.

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

yes. and the fact i just ran out of wine gums. 

12 hours ago, maas_art said:

yes. and the fact i just ran out of wine gums. 

Yummy, I love wine gums but they sure don't make 'em like they used to 50 years ago. Mojos too.

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Yummy, I love wine gums but they sure don't make 'em like they used to 50 years ago. Mojos too.

There's a winery near me that actually makes them the old fashioned way but only a couple of times a year.  Have to settle for the stuff at bulk barn or similar the rest of the year. 

I guess i should #blamekinot  

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

There's a winery near me that actually makes them the old fashioned way but only a couple of times a year.  Have to settle for the stuff at bulk barn or similar the rest of the year. 

I guess i should #blamekinot  

Methinks you shouldn't. :6416:

2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Pacs two more last night!

He's hot right now. 10g and 5a in 23 games. I wonder if catches up to Tatar? He's only 4 points back after a slow start.

6 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He's hot right now. 10g and 5a in 23 games. I wonder if catches up to Tatar? He's only 4 points back after a slow start.

Theoretically he should. He was the best player in the trade (and why we got multiple assets) but obviously took some time to gel/get used to the new team.

I think he should score more than Tatar - and thats no knock on Tatar, the real prize was supposed to be Suzuki - but I think you can also argue that TT is a better fit on this roster than Pacioretty would be, going forward, regardless of their point totals. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Theoretically he should. He was the best player in the trade (and why we got multiple assets) but obviously took some time to gel/get used to the new team.

I think he should score more than Tatar - and thats no knock on Tatar, the real prize was supposed to be Suzuki - but I think you can also argue that TT is a better fit on this roster than Pacioretty would be, going forward, regardless of their point totals. 

I dont think theres even an argument. Patch is a better scorer. Tatar is a better player by a mile. He does everything. Thats why we can actually score a goal 5 on 5. we create off the rush and in the zone this year. 

Patches will fall on his face again like he always does then at some point he will score again. he has always been a streaky player i hope for him that he can put up sone stats but you never know he may be on the way downhill. i for one am still very happy with the trade and i liked the guy!

Galchenyuk moved to wing in his last game (Next to the newly acquired schmaltz).  Sounds like a lot of the fans there dont believe he should play centre.  Sounds familiar. 

On 12/3/2018 at 11:47 PM, maas_art said:

Galchenyuk moved to wing in his last game (Next to the newly acquired schmaltz).  Sounds like a lot of the fans there dont believe he should play centre.  Sounds familiar. 

Yeah, The Athletic had a (paywalled) article about it too. Tocchet blamed it on Galchenyuk missing camp and not being able to learn his system properly, so they want to make it a little easier for him. You're right though, it does sound all too familiar.

The trade looks amazing right now, Domi has performed above and beyond expectations while Galchenyuk, despite his talent, seems to be having a bit of a hard time in the desert. We still should have gotten another pick in the deal, but let's give MB some credit even if it's early. Good job, dude! (feels weird saying that :unsure:)

Just now, ChiLla said:

The trade looks amazing right now, Domi has performed above and beyond expectations while Galchenyuk, despite his talent, seems to be having a bit of a hard time in the desert. We still should have gotten another pick in the deal, but let's give MB some credit even if it's early. Good job, dude! (feels weird saying that :unsure:)

I agree, credit where it is due.  When it happened I was totally fine with adding Domi but felt like we didnt get fair value for Galchenyuk.  Now i wonder if it wasnt a case of MB asking for more but finally settling for Domi 1 for 1 because he knew that in the end, he was getting the better player. 

On 12/3/2018 at 6:47 PM, maas_art said:

I am not surprised at this at all. Its not just his defensive game, its his scoring, he doesn't do this enough to compensate for his HUGE defensive deficiencies. All i heard when the trade happened was he was our best scorer. To make up for his defense he would have to put up 90 points a season.

I know if he was still with the hab's the excuses would be flying. They did not give him the best players to play with, not enough ice time, how can you really blame Galchenyk its only 19 games at center and on and on and on. 

I tracked this player for 6 seasons as a hab. And he looked as sweet as honey at times, but played as sour as a lemon. And those that supported him used every excuse they could come up with.  3 coaches later 7 NHL season and he is back on the wing why is this a suprise?

Went to see how Nikita did last night in L.A. but he wasn't in the lineup.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:43 PM, caperns61 said:

I am not surprised at this at all. Its not just his defensive game, its his scoring, he doesn't do this enough to compensate for his HUGE defensive deficiencies. All i heard when the trade happened was he was our best scorer. To make up for his defense he would have to put up 90 points a season.

I know if he was still with the hab's the excuses would be flying. They did not give him the best players to play with, not enough ice time, how can you really blame Galchenyk its only 19 games at center and on and on and on. 

I tracked this player for 6 seasons as a hab. And he looked as sweet as honey at times, but played as sour as a lemon. And those that supported him used every excuse they could come up with.  3 coaches later 7 NHL season and he is back on the wing why is this a suprise?

It's sad but not a surprise to me.

On 12/7/2018 at 0:00 PM, H_T_L said:

Went to see how Nikita did last night in L.A. but he wasn't in the lineup.

Visa hadn't cleared yet. It did yesterday - he's in today's line-up, although on left wing which is a mistake, IMO.

Kings are on TV (SN1, SNE, SNO) on tuesday.

1 hour ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Visa hadn't cleared yet. It did yesterday - he's in today's line-up, although on left wing which is a mistake, IMO.

Kings are on TV (SN1, SNE, SNO) on tuesday.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing how he makes out in the West

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing how he makes out in the West

Scherbak ...................................................................

...................................................................................

....................................................................................

SCORES!!!

1st period. 1st game.

Edited by rocketbelifleur

9 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Scherbak ...................................................................

...................................................................................

....................................................................................

SCORES!!!

1st period. 1st game.

Don't act like we could have kept him here, what with perennial 40-goal man Nico Deslauriers on our 4th line.

18 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't act like we could have kept him here, what with perennial 40-goal man Nico Deslauriers on our 4th line.

Yes, good point.  

Scherby on pace for 50 with LA, Only the end of the first so...... getting some minutes with top lines so we'll see how long he can keep it going for