Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Ex-Habs

186 posts in this topic

Pacioretty out at least one week for Golden Knights

Forward has 19 points in 30 games; Vegas recalls Pirri

Always enjoy watching the Spengler Cup at this time of year. See Max Lapierre and Zach Fucale are on team Canada. 

Posted (edited)

Nikita Scherbak has played 8 games with the Los Angeles Kings and has 1 goal and 0 assists. He's -4.

Edited by jennifer_rocket

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Nikita Scherbak has played 8 games with the Los Angeles Kings and has 1 goal and 0 assists. He's -4.

1 goal in first game (one of his first shifts i think?)

Im still really curious to see if they try to send him to the minors. If they do, we get first opportunity to claim him back (no need for waivers for us) or if we'd even do that. 

Alex Galchenyuk with 10 points in his last 8 games.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, caperns61 said:

.Sherback may get a hattie tonight, Lets see where he is after 20 plus games and then when can call it a mistake.

Don't need 20 games , only 8 and he's back in the minors .

50 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

But none in his last 2 ... and 4 in his last 5.     And technically it's 8 in his last 10 and a -7.    And he's playing wing.      Domi has cooled down lately, but we still got the better player.

7 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Don't need 20 games , only 8 and he's back in the minors .

Scherbak ... all the tools, just none of the motivation of hockey sense to put it together at the NHL level.

1 hour ago, rocketbelifleur said:

30 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

But none in his last 2 ... and 4 in his last 5.     And technically it's 8 in his last 10 and a -7.    And he's playing wing.      Domi has cooled down lately, but we still got the better player.

As if he heard you, 3 points in the game tonight... he now has 21 points in 32 games, which is in fairness to AG, more points per game than Gallagher, Danault, Lehkonen, Byron, or Kotkaniemi.

That said, with half a season done, I'd agree we got the better player in the trade. Would like to see Domi cool down his need for vengeance and selfish penalties, but if he can do that, he appears to be the more complete player.

Scherbak is on waivers again, according to TSN.

56 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Scherbak is on waivers again, according to TSN.

Yup, we'll find out very quickly if he clears.  

As was pointed out in another thread,  if we reclaim him we are the only team able to send him directly to the minors - all others would have to play him the rest of the year on their NHl roster or put him back on waivers, so there's a chance he comes back to us.   Then again im not sure if we would even put in a claim. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Yup, we'll find out very quickly if he clears.  

As was pointed out in another thread,  if we reclaim him we are the only team able to send him directly to the minors - all others would have to play him the rest of the year on their NHl roster or put him back on waivers, so there's a chance he comes back to us.   Then again im not sure if we would even put in a claim. 

He cleared. 

50 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

He cleared. 

So we had the opportunity to reclaim him & send him to the minors for the rest of year at no risk of losing him & we didnt.   Wow. 

I guess when Julien went on and on about how they wished he hadnt been picked up it was all lip service. 

36 minutes ago, maas_art said:

So we had the opportunity to reclaim him & send him to the minors for the rest of year at no risk of losing him & we didnt.   Wow. 

I guess when Julien went on and on about how they wished he hadnt been picked up it was all lip service. 

Of course it was. You try to say the right thing without insulting a player you really don't want. But... Nikita has to look hard in the mirror now. Literally no team in the NHL wanted him. I guess, for him, it's the KHL next.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Of course it was. You try to say the right thing without insulting a player you really don't want. But... Nikita has to look hard in the mirror now. Literally no team in the NHL wanted him. I guess, for him, it's the KHL next.

This.    We waived him because we had no future plans for him.   LA had a kick at the tires on him and decided he wasn't in their plans either.   He then clears waivers ... 29 other teams other than LA and MTL also passed on him.  His compete level and hockey sense just aren't there.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

This.    We waived him because we had no future plans for him.   LA had a kick at the tires on him and decided he wasn't in their plans either.   He then clears waivers ... 29 other teams other than LA and MTL also passed on him.  His compete level and hockey sense just aren't there.

Is he going to play in the minors? He still has a chance to make it in the NHL... but I guess he needs to work on his game in the AHL for the time being.

Edited by jennifer_rocket

On 1/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, HabsAlways said:

Since you posted after I did, I'm not sure how you missed his ( Galchenyuk) 3 point game (on the 6th).

On 1/6/2019 at 8:22 PM, rocketbelifleur said:

3 points in his last 2 games - 13 in 10 games now.

No doubt he'll cool off soon.

I say it's still too early to draw any conclusions on Domi vs. Galchenyuk.

46 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

3 points in his last 2 games - 13 in 10 games now.

No doubt he'll cool off soon.

I say it's still too early to draw any conclusions on Domi vs. Galchenyuk.

We have clearly won this trade ….

Here is the thing with Glachenyk, with his skillset scoring should not be an issue, he has really good size, great shot, skates really well...Has all the tools to be a really really good player. But he doesn't realize there is an offensive and defensive zone in hockey. Last night was perfect example, he got two points pretty good eh!. Not really, he ended a minus one only played just over 10 minutes of 5 on 5. Domi had no points, ended up a plus one and played over 13 minutes of 5 n 5

He is certainly one player who cannot be measured on points alone. He is a defensive disaster. Why because he will not put in the work. He is really good on the PP because he doesn't have to work for the puck in all areas of the ice. 

So my point is if he is not scoring he has no value at all, so he needs to be getting 80 points a year. Where you can have other players getting 50 and sixty with far more value because you can play them in all situations. Not just an offensive zone start on the PP.

Josh Gorges has retired.

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Josh Gorges has retired.

Thanks for blocking all those shots!

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Josh Gorges has retired.

Surprised no one picked up this guy, he is only 34, he was definitely a favorite of mine when he played here. Bringing him here was part of one of the best trades ever made by a Hab G.M.

Puffs have placed Dale Weise on waivers. 

26 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Puffs have placed Dale Weise on waivers. 

MB please no. 

22 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Surprised no one picked up this guy, he is only 34, he was definitely a favorite of mine when he played here. Bringing him here was part of one of the best trades ever made by a Hab G.M.

His issue was always foot speed.   He came into the league when it wasn't as important and he was able to look good with positioning etc.    But he simply can't keep up anymore.