Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Ex-Habs

212 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, caperns61 said:

We have clearly won this trade ….

Here is the thing with Glachenyk, with his skillset scoring should not be an issue, he has really good size, great shot, skates really well...Has all the tools to be a really really good player. But he doesn't realize there is an offensive and defensive zone in hockey. Last night was perfect example, he got two points pretty good eh!. Not really, he ended a minus one only played just over 10 minutes of 5 on 5. Domi had no points, ended up a plus one and played over 13 minutes of 5 n 5

He is certainly one player who cannot be measured on points alone. He is a defensive disaster. Why because he will not put in the work. He is really good on the PP because he doesn't have to work for the puck in all areas of the ice. 

So my point is if he is not scoring he has no value at all, so he needs to be getting 80 points a year. Where you can have other players getting 50 and sixty with far more value because you can play them in all situations. Not just an offensive zone start on the PP.

Points in a season is team situational unless your talking franchise/generational talent.   Alex is a good player on a bad team, thus you shouldn't expect him to get 80pts but closer to 60.   If he comes close to 60 he's showed he's a good player.    He was never elite etc, that draft year was just awful all around.   Having said that, I still think we won that trade as Domi brings more talent and more intensity.   If Alex is a B, Domi is a B+

Edited by HabsAlways

36 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

If Alex is a B, Domi is a B+

This pretty much sums it up to a T.  

Weise was not claimed.

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Weise was not claimed.

I was worried we might have!

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎15 at 2:57 PM, HabsAlways said:

Points in a season is team situational unless your talking franchise/generational talent.   Alex is a good player on a bad team, thus you shouldn't expect him to get 80pts but closer to 60.   If he comes close to 60 he's showed he's a good player.    He was never elite etc, that draft year was just awful all around.   Having said that, I still think we won that trade as Domi brings more talent and more intensity.   If Alex is a B, Domi is a B+

I have to disagree with that .  Matt Duchene same draft spot number 3, probably on one of the worst teams in the league 42 point 37 games, Barkov 44 points in 45 games Florida. Ryan O'Reilly 45 and 45...  and these players are much much much better defensively 

Not every team has great players and I agree they help pad points for some players. But every team has some really good players. 

I am not even sure Galchenyk is a B player offensively he looks like he could be! BUT over 300 minutes this season  points per 60 minutes is 1.41..that means there are 200 plus forwards  providing more pts per 60 minutes 5 on 5 this season not because he is on a bad team.

Ottawa has 9 forwards with more points per 60 minutes. NJ 6 forwards with more Florida 6 forwards with more 

Galchenyk CORSI +- is minus 52, there are over 270 forwards with a better corsi plus minus. 

Its the overall package. I stand by what I said before he needs 80 just to have good value. He is lucky to get 55 points and you add his defensive horror show well..

What happened to the GREAT Rene Bourque :6280:?

How can one easily forget the playoff 'Slayer of Tampa' ? How many times have we beaten Tampa since?

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, BigTed3 said:

- Kassian... another guy who we never gave a chance to and who we made clear we were trading because of an off-ice issue when his friend crashed a car. Not sure why that means you force yourself into a trade at that moment, but anyways...

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/woman-charged-with-crashing-ex-canadien-kassians-truck-to-learn-fate-may-3

Kassian, who was traded to the Edmonton Oilers shortly after it happened, testified on Monday and said he got a contact number for the women from a teammate on the Montreal Canadiens, but he couldn’t recall which one.

He admitted to having consumed cocaine and alcohol at his condo while both women were present and that he was very intoxicated when they left and climbed into his truck.

14 hours ago, Regis22 said:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/woman-charged-with-crashing-ex-canadien-kassians-truck-to-learn-fate-may-3

Kassian, who was traded to the Edmonton Oilers shortly after it happened, testified on Monday and said he got a contact number for the women from a teammate on the Montreal Canadiens, but he couldn’t recall which one.

He admitted to having consumed cocaine and alcohol at his condo while both women were present and that he was very intoxicated when they left and climbed into his truck.

The disturbing part IMO is that he says he couldn't remember which player gave him the contact. Were there a number of Habs to choose from to find his contact?? Is this just a case of not wanting to throw a friend under the bus? If that's the case then he pretty much lied under oath.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:35 PM, Regis22 said:

And herein lies the problem... the Habs suspended and traded Kassian with a public statement that said he was the passenger in a car where the driver was charged with drunk driving or whatever it was. The Bergevin era has been marred by a lack of transparency, and if the Habs had wanted to be truthful, they could have made it more clear that Kassian was suspended for drug abuse (which I'm perfectly fine with, albeit cocaine to my knowledge is not considered against the rules by the NHL). I get they might want to protect players' privacy, but it looks bad on the club to make moves like this and making it seem like they were done for other reasons altogether.

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

WOW, that's sad. 

It is. Seems like his spirit is broken. Maybe a trip back to Russia can rejuvenate his career.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

It is. Seems like his spirit is broken. Maybe a trip back to Russia can rejuvenate his career.

Honestly, i think its the best course of action for him. Some guys just dont adapt to the NHL.  Sucks because he was so promising.  Im sure he can get a solid KHL contract and probably perform quite well there. 

Galchenyuk with a beauty move in the SO vs Koskinen tonight! 

11 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Nikita Scherbak

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/nikita-scherbak-se-morfond-dans-la-ahl/

Essentially, struggling in AHL as well ... 1 goal in the last month

Yeah, I feel like his time in North America must be coming to a close. If he cannot score more than that in the AHL, I cannot see him even being offered a contract for next season.

Nikita Scherbak

He looked lazy out there

Edited by Regis22

News Flash

Sherback is well - who knows......

Domi versus Galchenyk

At around 3/4 of the way through, knockout Domi..

Not only is he smoking him on the offensive side. What makes this even more amazing is Domi only starts in the offensive zone 51% of the time while Galchenyk starts in the offensive zone a wopping  65% of the time. 

Also as  expected Domi is smoking him on the defensive side of the puck.  Domi is + 11, Galchenyk is - 17...28 points in the difference WOW.

So even if Glachenyk had similiar points goals and assists even if he had more goals and assists we would still have the better players. 

Player  Games  Goals  Assists Points    % Goals % Assists %Points
Galchenyk 51 14 20 34   27.45% 39.22% 66.67%
Domi 61 20 33 53   32.79% 54.10%

86.89%

Anyone read the 2019 NHL Poll in The Athletic?

According to his peers, Subban is the league's most overrated player (23%), followed by Patrick Laine (9%) and Aaron Ekblad (6%). The results are somewhat skewed and not really representative in this category since only 63% of all players polled actually answered the question but it's interesting nonetheless.

The knock on Subban? “He’s got a good shot and that’s about it,” said a Western Conference rival.

Seems Emelin is playing in the KHL this season. I did not know that. 

On 2/28/2019 at 8:08 AM, ChiLla said:

Anyone read the 2019 NHL Poll in The Athletic?

According to his peers, Subban is the league's most overrated player (23%), followed by Patrick Laine (9%) and Aaron Ekblad (6%). The results are somewhat skewed and not really representative in this category since only 63% of all players polled actually answered the question but it's interesting nonetheless.

The knock on Subban? “He’s got a good shot and that’s about it,” said a Western Conference rival.

I've seen a few Nashville games living in the west ... Subban does not look as good as he used to this year or last really.   He'd still be our top D but his possession game has gone downhill and he's essentially a 2nd pairing D on Nashville behind Josi/Ellis.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 0:17 PM, HabsAlways said:

... Subban does not look as good as he used to this year or last really. 

He's in love

On 14/03/2019 at 0:17 PM, HabsAlways said:

I've seen a few Nashville games living in the west ... Subban does not look as good as he used to this year or last really.   He'd still be our top D but his possession game has gone downhill and he's essentially a 2nd pairing D on Nashville behind Josi/Ellis.

he was nominated for the norris last year lol

I watched their playoff run intently last spring and he was clearly their #1 and played the most minutes in all situations and extremely effectively at that. If anything it was Josi who didnt step up in their run. 

he started this year normal then got hurt, was out for a long time and im almost positive he is playing hurt still. Subban is top 10 easily, IMO top 5 D in the NHL

On 14. 3. 2019 at 4:00 AM, kinot-2 said:

Seems Emelin is playing in the KHL this season. I did not know that. 

And he's playing with Desharnais on the same team...