Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Ex-Habs

223 posts in this topic

I was looking at Patches #'s in Vegas i expected more from him on a good team. very very happy with the return we got for him. same thing with Chucky Domi has blown him away! two very good trades, if we have another summer like that we will be in good shape!

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I was looking at Patches #'s in Vegas i expected more from him on a good team. very very happy with the return we got for him. same thing with Chucky Domi has blown him away! two very good trades, if we have another summer like that we will be in good shape!

Paccioretty was dragging this team down IMO. We lucked out on this trade.

2 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Paccioretty was dragging this team down IMO. We lucked out on this trade.

Yeah....but now we have Patches2(Drouin).

According to Andrew Zadarnowski of Habs Eyes On The Prize,  Nikita Scherbak is set to sign with Avangard Omsk of the KHL for next season.

I was over on the lightning boards because I was just curious what the feeling was over there (ie, is there  a sense they can come back etc).  While 3-0 is always the worst possible scenario, if any team could come back it would be the lightning team I watched all year.

Anyway, what surprised me was how many people have turned on Sergachev.   He's really being harshly criticized right now.  Some quotes:

Now, obviously there are some people sticking up for him, reminding them of his age etc but its interesting to see that he's getting a lot of grief just like Drouin.  Maybe TB would like a do-over on the trade?   Although Im pretty sure MB wouldnt.  

The quotes:

"Had high hopes for this guy, been noticing his laziness and stupid passes the last couple months. It showed big time tonight."

"This dude has no idea how to gap up. It's really bad. He's either going out of position to make a hit at the redline or he's sitting back at the top of the circles."

"His sloppy play & lackadaisical style is just unbearable right now."

"An unmitigated disaster as a top 4 Dman at this stage of his career."

"He's getting to be as annoying as Drouin except defense is his first job."

"You ever seen this guy on a loose puck? Me neither.
The positional stuff, gap control etc are mistakes a 20 year old is going to make and you can learn but man not moving your feet to fight for pucks? being soft as hell on the boards? that's just a matter of getting in there and doing the work. It's just pure lazy from a 20 year old professional hockey player"

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

I was over on the lightning boards because I was just curious what the feeling was over there (ie, is there  a sense they can come back etc).  While 3-0 is always the worst possible scenario, if any team could come back it would be the lightning team I watched all year.

Anyway, what surprised me was how many people have turned on Sergachev.   He's really being harshly criticized right now.  Some quotes:

Now, obviously there are some people sticking up for him, reminding them of his age etc but its interesting to see that he's getting a lot of grief just like Drouin.  Maybe TB would like a do-over on the trade?   Although Im pretty sure MB wouldnt.  

The quotes:

We could send them a real solid veteran i hear that Karl Alzner guy is ready to go.

14 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

We could send them a real solid veteran i hear that Karl Alzner guy is ready to go.

lol 

Max Pacioretty is tied with Mark Stone for the playoff scoring lead... way to go, Max B)

2 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Max Pacioretty is tied with Mark Stone for the playoff scoring lead... way to go, Max B)

Yeah! I see he had a four point night last night. Go Max!

IF we had Radulov and Patches this season, remove Tatar , would we be in the playoffs and would we be making any noise with all the upsets? Price was back to being Price, and no doubt Rads and Patches would have given our PP a huge boost.

Subban was brutal today minus 2...he’s not producing offensively and defensively a mess too....reverting back to a turnover machine...let’s see if he shows up in an elimination game...so far a disappointing season from him

2 hours ago, caperns61 said:

IF we had Radulov and Patches this season, remove Tatar , would we be in the playoffs and would we be making any noise with all the upsets? Price was back to being Price, and no doubt Rads and Patches would have given our PP a huge boost.

If we still had Radulov we probably make the playoffs without needing Patches. I could see our PP being so much better with Rads on it. 

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

Yeah ive been hearing that since before even the end of the regular season.  Its not surprising, he had a subpar year but obviously not the best time to move him (value is low) but then if they feel like he wont bounce back....

The funny thing is that i think if you just did a do-over (trade subban back for weber) both teams might actually be better (although Nashville needs to save more money than the difference between Shea & PK's cap hits). It wont happen of course but would certainly change our need for a top pairing PMD. 

42 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Yeah ive been hearing that since before even the end of the regular season.  Its not surprising, he had a subpar year but obviously not the best time to move him (value is low) but then if they feel like he wont bounce back....

The funny thing is that i think if you just did a do-over (trade subban back for weber) both teams might actually be better (although Nashville needs to save more money than the difference between Shea & PK's cap hits). It wont happen of course but would certainly change our need for a top pairing PMD. 

Yeah but still no first pair LHD.......

23 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah but still no first pair LHD.......

Right but with PK you now have Puck moving D on every pairing. You can pair PK with a more stay-at-home defender & have an effective first pair.  Weber (whom I still like, unlike some Habs fans)  does need the right guy next to him to be fully effective.

I put this here because he's as much a Hab as anyone. I remember him. Worked with 11 coaches from 1962 to 1999 — starting with Toe Blake and ending with Alain Vigneault — and watched team win 12 Stanley Cups.

Former Canadiens doctor Douglas Kinnear dies peacefully at age 92.

Full article here:

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/former-canadiens-doctor-douglas-kinnear-dies-peacefully-at-age-92

Edited by kinot-2

On 5/10/2019 at 7:52 PM, maas_art said:

Right but with PK you now have Puck moving D on every pairing. You can pair PK with a more stay-at-home defender & have an effective first pair.  Weber (whom I still like, unlike some Habs fans)  does need the right guy next to him to be fully effective.

not good enough. even if we had PK and kept Webber and Petry you would still be soft down the left we need the balance right left right left

On 5/18/2019 at 1:53 PM, ramcharger440 said:

not good enough. even if we had PK and kept Webber and Petry you would still be soft down the left we need the balance right left right left

I think what maas was saying, was 

LD - PK vs LD - Weber ... is with PK your looking for a defensive LD rather than the elusive puck moving one we are lacking.

38 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

I think what maas was saying, was 

LD - PK vs LD - Weber ... is with PK your looking for a defensive LD rather than the elusive puck moving one we are lacking.

But... but... Karl Alzner! 🤭

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

But... but... Karl Alzner! 🤭

Again, it's easier to find a QUALITY defensive LD than a QUALITY puck moving LD.

Karl Alzner might be the nicest guy in the world, but he's clearly not quality anymore.   He might actually have fared a bit better on PK's left side to be honest though, as he could hang back more and his lack of speed and agiltiy wouldn't be such an issue.     He'd still be dead weight, just maybe not as negative.

39 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Again, it's easier to find a QUALITY defensive LD than a QUALITY puck moving LD.

Karl Alzner might be the nicest guy in the world, but he's clearly not quality anymore.   He might actually have fared a bit better on PK's left side to be honest though, as he could hang back more and his lack of speed and agiltiy wouldn't be such an issue.     He'd still be dead weight, just maybe not as negative.

i don't think we even need a star D man just an established guy who can pass and skate with enough size to not get knocked off the puck would be a big jump.