Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Gameday, Panthers @ Habs - 7:30 p.m. - RDS, TSN2


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Liked Grenier, Agostino, Drouin, Byron, Peca, Bitten and on D thought Lernout and Brook played well.   Suzuki and Armia didn't look too bad either. Niemi,  Domi, McCarron, and Scherbak were not what we needed tonight. It is not looking good for McCarron.. Surprised by Grenier who appeared to create problems all night and had some good chances but needs  to finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Domi's playing a bad game to begin with, then he goes out and does something his dad would do. Just dumb dumb dumb. It's one game, but Domi's doing a fine job of making Bergevin's trade look awful.

gally has 2 points domi has 7 mins and  discipline hearing coming. The best $3M that money can buy.And oh look they puyt him at center after trading away a good young center. Tonight's game didn't show a bad trade - it just confirmed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

Crap game for Domi, I don't even care about the fight, he looked lazy and disintested not what I expected at all. 

I liked Armia I think he will have success in a top six role, good size, good speed and get's to the dirty areas.

 

I thought Armia was decent too. He actually reminds me a bit of Eller in the way he plays. Big guy, protects the puck, goes to the net, but maybe not as fantastic a finish around the goal. Only difference is that Armia appears to be getting a chance to play top 6 with better linemates, so hopefully that pays off.

I didn't catch the entire game, but the guys I liked the most from what I saw were Drouin, Bitten, Peca, D'Agostino, and Brook. Scherbak had a couple of good moments but overall disappointed a bit. Oullet and Reilly were good enough to be better than Alzner, Schlemko, and Benn, but is that enough for management to take off the blinders for those players. Suzuki was solid but not spectacular, which again is good, but not sure it's enough in itself to win him a spot over a guy who needs to clear waivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I didn't catch the entire game, but the guys I liked the most from what I saw were Drouin, Bitten, Peca, D'Agostino, and Brook. Scherbak had a couple of good moments but overall disappointed a bit. Oullet and Reilly were good enough to be better than Alzner, Schlemko, and Benn, but is that enough for management to take off the blinders for those players. Suzuki was solid but not spectacular, which again is good, but not sure it's enough in itself to win him a spot over a guy who needs to clear waivers.

Same.  I actually thought Rellly was quite good to be honest - easily one of the top 3 dmen ive seen play this year on this team. I hope he's leapfrogged Benn, Alzner and Schlemko in the depth charts.   Brook was probably better than them already too but obviously wont make the team at this point. 

Agree about Suzuki. Looked quite tentative.  Id love to see him with slightly more seasoned linemates too. He got an assist on the Peca goal but it was a pretty fluky one. I think burying a shot or getting a solid primary assist could go a long way to see him settling down.  I dont think he'll make the team (but i still think one of him or Kotkaniemi gets a 9 game tryout) but Im not sure there's a lot more for him to learn in junior. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I thought Armia was decent too. He actually reminds me a bit of Eller in the way he plays. Big guy, protects the puck, goes to the net, but maybe not as fantastic a finish around the goal. Only difference is that Armia appears to be getting a chance to play top 6 with better linemates, so hopefully that pays off.

I didn't catch the entire game, but the guys I liked the most from what I saw were Drouin, Bitten, Peca, D'Agostino, and Brook. Scherbak had a couple of good moments but overall disappointed a bit. Oullet and Reilly were good enough to be better than Alzner, Schlemko, and Benn, but is that enough for management to take off the blinders for those players. Suzuki was solid but not spectacular, which again is good, but not sure it's enough in itself to win him a spot over a guy who needs to clear waivers.

 

Agree with this except to say:

Scherbak scored a goal, and although perhaps he wasn't the main guy in this nice goal, he did find the right area and finished. 

I repeat: FINISHED. This is exactly what the Habs are missing the most.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

 

Agree with this except to say:

Scherbak scored a goal, and although perhaps he wasn't the main guy in this nice goal, he did find the right area and finished. 

I repeat: FINISHED. This is exactly what the Habs are missing the most.

 

Absolutely. I posted in one of the threads yesterday that it was more important to find a spot for Scherbak than for anyone else on the bubble if he has a good camp for that very reason... he's one of the few players left on this team who might actually have a knack for finding the net on a regular basis. Yes, I believe players like Gallagher, Tatar, Lehkonen, Drouin, and Hudon can score, but I have a hard time seeing any of them as a regular 25+ goal scorer year in year out, including Gallagher. I think all of those guys can be 20-goal men, but Scherbak, while a bigger risk of flopping, does have the potential to be a 25-30 goal player if he can put it together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Absolutely. I posted in one of the threads yesterday that it was more important to find a spot for Scherbak than for anyone else on the bubble if he has a good camp for that very reason... he's one of the few players left on this team who might actually have a knack for finding the net on a regular basis. Yes, I believe players like Gallagher, Tatar, Lehkonen, Drouin, and Hudon can score, but I have a hard time seeing any of them as a regular 25+ goal scorer year in year out, including Gallagher. I think all of those guys can be 20-goal men, but Scherbak, while a bigger risk of flopping, does have the potential to be a 25-30 goal player if he can put it together.

:6280:

Hopefully CJ will leave him on RW where he was last night. (CJ had him at LW for too long last year, IMO)

And I hope NS gets at least one skilled guy to play with. He's such a good playmaker, and having another goal scorer to feed on his line will help

buy him scoring opportunities for himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

:6280:

Hopefully CJ will leave him on RW where he was last night. (CJ had him at LW for too long last year, IMO)

And I hope NS gets at least one skilled guy to play with. He's such a good playmaker, and having another goal scorer to feed on his line will help

buy him scoring opportunities for himself.

Domi would probably be an ideal centerman for Scherbak... a guy who likes to pass first and who, as a lefty, can dish off to the right side more easily, where Scherbak can one-time from. Trouble is that I'm not sure there's an ideal LW on this team to complement those two... I'd want a bigger body who can get to the net and also has some ability to finish. Armia would be a nice fit, but he's also a right winger. Lehkonen may be the best thing we have, if we're talking strictly about who to put with Scherbak to make him work best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was disappointed that suzuki didnt get more of a look and with more skilled players. I barely noticed him all game until the 3rd where he had a couple of good sequences. 

Kind of reinforced my feeling, that he isnt actually being considered for the final roster because our centres are set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...