The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Gameday, Sens at the Habs, 7 PM,est., RDS, TSN 5.

kinot-2

49 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Kotkaniemi is wowing tonight. A couple of crossbars on nice scoring chances he created for himself and some seeing-eye passes that he threw tape-to-tape through traffic. Just incredible vision and hockey sense. That line also looks better to me than with Domi centering it. JK is going to be a really hard guy to cut. He could do to have a big more muscle on his frame but I think he's showing he's capable of playing in the NHL already.

Absolutely.  I think the only question really is whether he can handle the rigors of the longer schedule.  Its not only remarkable how NHL ready he looks but how incredibly fast he seems to be improving and adapting.

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

That Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line looks really good.  Great 2 way potential and they really seem to mesh nicely. Hard to believe they've only been playing together a few games. 

They will only get better. :)

55 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Drouin, McCarron, Ward, Reilly also shining tonight. Scherbak struggled in the 1st but looking good in the 2nd, especially on the PP. Juulsen has also been reasonable strong.

Ward is really making a case for a contract.  I mean it goes against what we need (younger players) but he's easily been one of our top 12 forwards this preseason.

I still contend our forwards may not be as much of a concern as many believe (especially if JK does get a spot) but our defense is brutal right now.   Weber, Petry, Reilly, Mete and Juulsen are the only guys I trust at this point. Heck Alzner has looked better than most of the guys we've been dressing.  

25 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Ward is really making a case for a contract.  I mean it goes against what we need (younger players) but he's easily been one of our top 12 forwards this preseason.

I still contend our forwards may not be as much of a concern as many believe (especially if JK does get a spot) but our defense is brutal right now.   Weber, Petry, Reilly, Mete and Juulsen are the only guys I trust at this point. Heck Alzner has looked better than most of the guys we've been dressing.  

Ward played well tonight. Not sure he's going to displace anyone though... guys who I think have been better than him this pre-season: Drouin, JK, Hudon, Lehkonen, Danault, Gallagher, Tatar, Peca, Byron, and Scherbak. So who would Ward have to push past? At least 4 of Plekanec, Domi, Armia, DLR, McCarron, and eventually Shaw. It'll be tough for him.

As for the D, I'd add in that I trust Ouellet, albeit on a small sample size. He's been better than the others. But then again, I thought that of Gelinas last year, and he never got a chance behind our collection of past-primers. Despres has been bad, and we all know Alzner, Schlemko, and Benn can't be trusted. The problem is that even with Ouellet, we're still at least one guy short with Weber out. Don't know the Czech guys enough to say they can be useful, and they haven't stood out enough to give me an opinion on them.