He played basketball.

Wrong sport, too.

MN is 139.

MN 201819.jpg

MN is 137.

MN 201819.jpg

MN is 134.

MN 201819.jpg

One can go all season without consecutive losses but it's not worth much if you can't string together consecutive wins.

I don't care that it was a back-to-back. That one stings. Might be that we're seeing the truth of this team and the honeymoon is ending.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a blip rather than a trend and we can get back to playing 60-minute games more consistently.

Oh. And Price needs to be better. Huge contract or not: those aren't starter numbers.

MN is 134.

MN 201819.jpg

Pretty much sitting on the fence, now.

MN is 133.

MN 201819.jpg

Another barnburner. Who would have thunk we had it in us?

Treading water.

There's 1 bonus point kicking around on Sunday. Both WAS (v ARI) & FLO (v OTT) need to lose in regulation for it to happen. They're both 5pm games if you're interested.

MN is 130.

MN 201819.jpg

Gone for a bit, gang. Sorry about that.

Number is still good but threads and skins of teeth come to mind.

MN is 125.

MN 201819.jpg

1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

West Coast Drop

4 of 6, for sure.

Does consecutive wins a streak make?

MN is 123.

MN 201819.jpg

Our game tonight is worth up to 3 points. We'll get them all with any Habs win but we'll only get 1 with an extra time loss, nothing if we lose in regulation.

A Rangers loss to Dallas coupled with any Habs win will net us 4 points.

Any Florida loss is good for a Bonus Point if all else fails. IMO, Florida can lose whenever they like and I'll be alright with that.

A NY Islanders regulation loss is a Bonus Point in the hand if there's nothing else left.

MN is 123.

MN 201819.jpg

Edited by Flying_Lion
clarification

The Islanders weren't even playing last night. :rolleyes:

MN is 122.

MN 201819.jpg

Coin toss.

MN is 119.

MN 201819.jpg

1 hour ago, Flying_Lion said:

Coin toss.

MN is 119.

MN 201819.jpg

On the Bubble...

On 11/24/2018 at 9:33 AM, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

On the Bubble...

Yep yep.

MN is 117.

MN 201819.jpg

Outside looking in.

Such a huge game last night. Not a lot of time left to right the ship. Probably not enough left to sink it to the bottom either.

MN is 117.

MN 201819.jpg

38 minutes ago, Flying_Lion said:

Outside looking in.

Such a huge game last night. Not a lot of time left to right the ship. Probably not enough left to sink it to the bottom either.

MN is 117.

MN 201819.jpg

57 games to go "not enough time" ....really? All seasons have highs and lows. Yes we have lost 5 but they weren't blow outs by any stretch. The league is so close anymore we're far from out at this time.

22 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

57 games to go "not enough time" ....really? All seasons have highs and lows. Yes we have lost 5 but they weren't blow outs by any stretch. The league is so close anymore we're far from out at this time.

Good point. Probably not my best choice of terms. I was only thinking that we’ve been trending down for seemingly forever that now would be a good time (as opposed to “not enough time”) to start winning on a more consistent basis.

Correct me if I’m wrong but since a 3W streak in October, I think we’ve only strung 2 Ws together once and otherwise have played .500 hockey; that’s before this current 5-game losing streak.

We haven’t really had too many “ups”.

Yeah, the league is tight; and yeah, it’s fairly early; but in 10 games we’ll be looking at the halfway point not far on the horizon. How long is it “still early” before it suddenly becomes too late?

But I do concede your point. 

Will December bring some holiday magic to this thread?  History says no but as for me & grandpa, well we believe. 

20 hours ago, Flying_Lion said:

Good point. Probably not my best choice of terms. I was only thinking that we’ve been trending down for seemingly forever that now would be a good time (as opposed to “not enough time”) to start winning on a more consistent basis.

Correct me if I’m wrong but since a 3W streak in October, I think we’ve only strung 2 Ws together once and otherwise have played .500 hockey; that’s before this current 5-game losing streak.

We haven’t really had too many “ups”.

Yeah, the league is tight; and yeah, it’s fairly early; but in 10 games we’ll be looking at the halfway point not far on the horizon. How long is it “still early” before it suddenly becomes too late?

But I do concede your point. 

I would agree and the next ten will make a difference. That said we lost 5 (2) in OT but 4 of the 5 we could of easily won. Price is looking like Price again and with Weber and Byron returning I'm leaning toward us starting to turn it around. I agree though we can't wait to long though.

20 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

I would agree and the next ten will make a difference. That said we lost 5 (2) in OT but 4 of the 5 we could of easily won. Price is looking like Price again and with Weber and Byron returning I'm leaning toward us starting to turn it around. I agree though we can't wait to long though.

Which Price would that be exactly?

The bubble has burst perhaps...

On 11/29/2018 at 5:32 PM, HabsRuleForever said:

Will December bring some holiday magic to this thread?  History says no but as for me & grandpa, well we believe. 

Yeah.  December is traditionally not a fun month for us. Maybe we'll finally buck that trend.

40 minutes ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

(...)

The bubble has burst perhaps...

I hope not because we're right on top of it.

MN is 116.

MN 201819.jpg