Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

2018 - 2019 Habs Magic Number & Lottery Race

116 posts in this topic

MN is 82.

All those losses to Buffalo are starting to weigh heavily.

MN 201819.jpg

MN is 78.

A game and a half behind Buffalo, whose next game is against Carolina on Friday.

MN 201819.jpg

MN is 74.

Tough matchup against Boston on Monday. Buffalo plays Edmonton.

MN 201819.jpg

I think any number reduction will have to come against Florida Panthers.  

1 hour ago, PuckPundit said:

I think any number reduction will have to come against Florida Panthers.  

That could be the case, yeah. Have to respect the Bruins but stranger things have happened.

We can also get a drop tonight from a Buffalo loss but I don't have as much respect for Edmonton.

Sweet 4-point night!

MN is 70.

MN 201819.jpg

I may have to edit this title and take out the lottery portion if we keep hanging around this playoff spot.B)

16 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I may have to edit this title and take out the lottery portion if we keep hanging around this playoff spot.B)

Seeing as how the lottery is open to all non-playoff teams, the lottery number would be the same as the MON No-Go, wouldn't it?

MN is 68.

Buffalo is in the hot seat for bonus points. 2 points off if they lose in regulation, 1 if they lose in extra time. Nothing for a Sabres win.

MN 201819.jpg

Still only half a game to the good so we need to keep the Ws coming. Buffalo facing Vancouver makes me a Canucks fan for the evening.

MN is 68.

MN 201819.jpg

Probably only getting 1 out of 4 points back-to-back against Columbus and Philadelphia. :mellow:

Sorry, but I'm just being honestly realistic.

3 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Probably only getting 1 out of 4 points back-to-back against Columbus and Philadelphia. :mellow:

Sorry, but I'm just being honestly realistic.

No need to be sorry. I’m just glad you’re wrong so far. :P

MN is 66.

18 minutes ago, Flying_Lion said:

No need to be sorry. I’m just glad you’re wrong so far. :P

MN is 66.

Yup, I'm pleasantly surprised at the result too :lol:. Let's hope the good run continues against Philadelphia.

9 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Yup, I'm pleasantly surprised at the result too :lol:. Let's hope the good run continues against Philadelphia.

Indeed. Every point helps and seeing as how Buffalo just dropped a game, our “cushion” is now a game and a half. Would suck to let the distance  between us - slim as it is - grow close again so soon. 

MN is 64. 

Edited by Flying_Lion

Updated NL standings ...

MN 201819.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 7:06 AM, PuckPundit said:

Probably only getting 1 out of 4 points back-to-back against Columbus and Philadelphia.

Flying Lion, on hindsight, I was only 1 point off my earlier prediction.  :ph34r:

11 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Flying Lion, on hindsight, I was only 1 point off my earlier prediction.  :ph34r:

I wish you were more wrong.

Losses to Pittsburgh and Boston last night means we let slip a great opportunity to close the gap on them and we fell back to only half a game ahead of Buffalo.

The Sabres don't play until after the ASB. A win against Arizona on Wednesday means we'll be assured of no worse than 8th on the Net Loss board until we play again on Superbowl weekend. A loss and we'll be at the mercy of other results while we're idle.

MN is 64.

MN 201819.jpg

Caps Canes and Islanders only gain one point. Not ideal but not the worst case scenario. 

20 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Caps Canes and Islanders only gain one point. Not ideal but not the worst case scenario. 

Every little point helps. We're pretty much on the cusp with the Pace only a hair above 2.0.

We did all we could do, ignoring that blip versus Philly, so time to enjoy a break. There's no way we can fall in the NL standings but we can hope others slip below us and provide some breathing room.

MN is 62.

MN 201819.jpg

A regulation Buffalo loss (@ Columbus) on Tuesday is 2 points off the MN. An extra time loss is only 1. Any sort of Sabres victory does nothing. 

On 1/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, Flying_Lion said:

A regulation Buffalo loss (@ Columbus) on Tuesday is 2 points off the MN. An extra time loss is only 1. Any sort of Sabres victory does nothing. 

Well, that didn’t go very well. 

Same goes for tonight except it’s Dallas, not Columbus. 

A Pittsburgh loss to Tampa bay might be good for a point, I’m pretty sure, if Buffalo pulls out a W. 

I think the focus should be safeguarding the playoff wild card spot. Stop having any illusions about a top 2 divisional automatic slot.

6 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

I think the focus should be safeguarding the playoff wild card spot. Stop having any illusions about a top 2 divisional automatic slot.

Methinks you "might"  have the wrong thread. 

8 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

I don't have any illusions about anything. It's still mathematically possible so we'll continue to calculate the Conference, Division, and Home Ice numbers until the math fails. That said, the first step is to make the playoffs, hence the Playoff number being bolded until it zeroes. Or expires.

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Methinks you "might"  have the wrong thread. 

Yeah. We don't do illusions here. This is a place for magic. :rolleyes:

Movement!

MN is 60.

A Bruins regulation loss to the Flyers would drop them to 8th in the NL standings. An extra time loss would put them in a tie with us for 7th.

MN 201819.jpg

1 hour ago, Flying_Lion said:

Yeah. We don't do illusions here. This is a place for magic. :rolleyes:

Hahaha boooooooooooo

:lol:

Buffalo loss. 

MN is 58.