The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mon, Oct 15 7:30 PM ET Detroit @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, FS-D

kinot-2

16 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I think we can safely say the Wings aren't winning the Vezina this year.

Only thing they have a shot at winning is the draft lottery... definitely a bottom 5 team in the league, albeit I thought we would be battling for a bottom 5-7 spot too.

The Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line is definitely running on all cylinders. Helped them a lot that they played together all pre-season I think. I still wonder if another player would pull more weight here than Danault, but can't complain about the overall production here.

Drouin is flying the past two games, seems to have found himself for now, although I expect him to continue to be streaky.

Peca also looks great tonight, and Hudon has been strong too.

The two guys I think we'd most like to see score in the 3rd would be 1. Kotkaniemi and 2. Lehkonen, who needs to keep himself going.

All in all just really impressed by the effort we've gotten up and down the line-up all games pretty much 60 minutes a night. Guys are skating, guys are trying hard. No letdown like we've been used to in recent years, and I honestly can't remember the last time I've been able to say this about the Habs.

Just now, Habberwacky said:

Despite no points I like Kotkaniemi's gaame tonight. Still seems comfortable in his own end and is getting some chances.

IMO not as strong the past 2 games as he was in the first couple. Less ice time, worse linemates, and it's hindering his creative productivity. I think his skillset works best when he has other talent to feed... I get that they're not going to split up the Danault line nor Drouin-Domi for now, but I'd at least like to see JK get Hudon and Lehkonen.

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

All in all just really impressed by the effort we've gotten up and down the line-up all games pretty much 60 minutes a night. Guys are skating, guys are trying hard. No letdown like we've been used to in recent years, and I honestly can't remember the last time I've been able to say this about the Habs.

Therrien got some good effort his first year and most years had them get off to a good start but this does look even more impressive.

Just now, habs_93 said:

This farce brought to you by tonight's officiating team.

Habs are leading and we already penalized the Wings a bunch, so no reason to call the boarding from behind or the high stick or the late shot... wouldn't want to be too hard on one team.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

So glad I haven't had to watch Alzner in any footraces trying to get the loose puck in our own zone yet this year.

Right?   

Werent we saying all year last year that this defense was not as bad as it looked if we didnt use guys like Alzner and Benn in the top 4?