Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

7:30 PM ET Calgary @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, SNF

148 posts in this topic

Benn almost cost us the game with a terrible pass up the middle of the ice in the D zone with 20 seconds left. Brutal game from him.

My 3 Stars:

1. Drouin

2. Domi

3. Petry

Honorable mentions to Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, Tatar, Ouellet.

The reporter who picked the stars stole my votes!

Nice win. Love to see the team hang in there! Also great for Carey... hopefully having the milestone gone he can stay settled and keep improving. Great for the young team to win after having the previous loss.

Just now, H_T_L said:

Price now tied with Roy

26 wins (I think) from all time win leader for Habs

Guess who is now first in the division cause we have the same number of points in less games

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

Guess who is now first in the division cause we have the same number of points in less games

Beat me to it. :)

Thursday is a must win vs Buffalo cause the Bruins are on deck followed by Dallas

Gally had 7 SOG while Reilly had 6. :)

While I don't believe we'll go deep into playoffs, this is the funnest Habs squad to watch  in 20 years

Edited by HabsAlways

8 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Not only that, but in the EC as well. :)

9 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

While I don't believe we'll go deep into playoffs, this is the funnest Habs squad to watch  in 20 years

Agree

We've been witness to 60 minute efforts for the most part of this young season. After a year of 5 to 10 minutes of effort on a gamely basis last season, this is a real treat. 

The Domi-Drouin-Lehkonen line looked super good last night. Lots of offensive zone pressure, lots of chances. Drouin with the GWG. Exciting stuff.

6 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

The Domi-Drouin-Lehkonen line looked super good last night. Lots of offensive zone pressure, lots of chances. Drouin with the GWG. Exciting stuff.

I thought 3 lines looked decent last night. The 4th saw limited time and was pretty much a non factor. We have the personnel to run 4 effective lines but we chose to dress one or two anchors out there. Hope they sort that out soon because we'll need 4 lines to play at the pace we did last night. 

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I thought 3 lines looked decent last night. The 4th saw limited time and was pretty much a non factor. We have the personnel to run 4 effective lines but we chose to dress one or two anchors out there. Hope they sort that out soon because we'll need 4 lines to play at the pace we did last night. 

Yeah, I'd like to see Hudon get back into the lineup. I'd also like to see Scherbak get some game action.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Forwards should not be a problem for this team. We may not have a 1st line but we have arguably 2 second lines and have the potential for 2 third lines (although right now we are selling ourselves short with that fourth line).

I dont mind keeping guys like DLo and Plekanec witht he team but Hudon should be in at all times over them when healthy.   Scherbak needs a chance too.  

On defense, Benn HAS to play further down the lineup.  3rd pairing benn = good.  top 4 benn = horrible.  stop playing him over his head.   We started off so well with our defense lineup-  hopefully this isnt MB trying to micromanage Richardson. 

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

Forwards should not be a problem for this team. We may not have a 1st line but we have arguably 2 second lines and have the potential for 2 third lines (although right now we are selling ourselves short with that fourth line).

I dont mind keeping guys like DLo and Plekanec witht he team but Hudon should be in at all times over them when healthy.   Scherbak needs a chance too.  

On defense, Benn HAS to play further down the lineup.  3rd pairing benn = good.  top 4 benn = horrible.  stop playing him over his head.   We started off so well with our defense lineup-  hopefully this isnt MB trying to micromanage Richardson. 

100%

20 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

these guys remind me of the pre-koivu edition where we had no big star but a bunch of good players like juneau, dackell,audette, zednik, bulis,petrov even doug gilmour for a minute.  That edition got beat up a lot worse in that era and gave up way more shots but it was similar high tempo slick passing hockey. loved that team lol

tatar/domi >>>>>chuck/patch

plus KK/armia ....and I think reilly juulson and mete playing while alzner sits is huge too