The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Boston HNIC, TVAS, NHLN-US

kinot-2

• H_T_L pinned this topic

Decent period after a shaky first few minutes, but man, do Benn and Alzner look bad. Losing pucks in their feet, losing footraces, slow on loose pucks, and no offence to contribute... they're going to cost us if they keep playing like this. If Juulsen is out, they need to bring up Kulak.

Watching the game on TVA.. commentators remain terrible several years into their stint. They've referred to Mike Reilly as Morgan Rielly and Max Domi as Tie Domi I don't know how many times. It's past being a slip-up, they're just really bad at their jobs and can't keep anything straight.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Watching the game on TVA.. commentators remain terrible several years into their stint. They've referred to Mike Reilly as Morgan Rielly and Max Domi as Tie Domi I don't know how many times. It's past being a slip-up, they're just really bad at their jobs and can't keep anything straight.

At least its not NESN lol

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Decent period after a shaky first few minutes, but man, do Benn and Alzner look bad. Losing pucks in their feet, losing footraces, slow on loose pucks, and no offence to contribute... they're going to cost us if they keep playing like this. If Juulsen is out, they need to bring up Kulak.

At least Benn was able to clear the zone a couple times with decent passes. Alzner handles the puck like he's playing ringette with no blade.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Flipped back a little early and heard Cherry saying that when Zeigler started there were 3 Canadian teams and when he finished there were 8.:7072:

Well be brought over Wpg, Que, and Edm from the WHA and Ottawa was an expansion team just before he left... don't recall the timeline but guessing the Flames moved from Atlanta to Calgary during his presidency as well then.

Conversely, Bettman watched Quebec move and Winnipeg move (even though they came back), and Ottawa is a tirefire because of the owner. No Canadian Cups since Bettman took over either. No coincidence, and the salary cap is one reason hurting Canadian teams' ability to be on equal footing.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Well be brought over Wpg, Que, and Edm from the WHA and Ottawa was an expansion team just before he left... don't recall the timeline but guessing the Flames moved from Atlanta to Calgary during his presidency as well then.

Conversely, Bettman watched Quebec move and Winnipeg move (even though they came back), and Ottawa is a tirefire because of the owner. No Canadian Cups since Bettman took over either. No coincidence, and the salary cap is one reason hurting Canadian teams' ability to be on equal footing.

I don't think we ever had 8 at the same time but I could be wrong

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Must be related to Cole.

Just now, H_T_L said:

I don't think we ever had 8 at the same time but I could be wrong

Yeah, Sens came in around 91-92... Jets moved in mid-90s and Nords moved sometime between our Cup win in 93 and the Avs cup win around 96. So for a year or two, there were 8.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic