The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Boston HNIC, TVAS, NHLN-US

kinot-2

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

I can handle one of them in the lineup ( not named Alzner) but two of them is suicidal.

But only because you've lowered your expectations. Neither of them should probably be in the NHL. And Schlemko neither. They're only there cause they're vets with contracts. But hard to imagine we'd be worse off with Lernout, Kulak, Olofsson, Fleury, etc. instead.

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

But only because you've lowered your expectations. Neither of them should probably be in the NHL. And Schlemko neither. They're only there cause they're vets with contracts. But hard to imagine we'd be worse off with Lernout, Kulak, Olofsson, Fleury, etc. instead.

Benn has been OK with limited 3rd pairing minutes. Anything else is pushing it. Agree however that we have better options

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Benn has been OK with limited 3rd pairing minutes. Anything else is pushing it. Agree however that we have better options

I would describe Benn's 3rd pairing time as "less horrendous" but it's because his mistakes are limited, not because he's playing well. Agreed that playing him above this is just asking for bad things to happen.

2 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Why does a 3rd stringer like Joe Armia keep featuring?  I see him on the PP, for OT 3-3 etc.  Sigh, a new CJ favourite plugger. <_<

He's been better in the past couple of games, but he's probably better-suited to playing on the 4th line. He's a good 4th liner, a passable but not ideal 3rd liner, and should be nowhere close to having a PP spot. Coaches seem to like that he's a big body they can post in front of the net, but I'd much prefer to see Hudon or Scherbak on the 3rd line and on the PP.

Just now, PuckPundit said:

Well, if CJ has any courage, we'll see JK on the first line!  Everyone agrees Danault is at best a 2C, so why waste Tatar and Gallagher with him on our strongest line?

And on the 1st PP. 

1 minute ago, PuckPundit said:

Well, if CJ has any courage, we'll see JK on the first line!  Everyone agrees Danault is at best a 2C, so why waste Tatar and Gallagher with him on our strongest line?

IMO Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen is the first line. But I agree that Tatar-JK-Gallagher makes more sense.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic