Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

7:30 PM ET Buffalo @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, MSG-B

445 posts in this topic

TONIGHT THE HABS TAKE ON THE BUFFALO SABRES.

7:30 PM ET    Buffalo @ Montreal   TSN2, RDS, MSG-B

The Montreal Canadiens return to the Bell Centre tonight after a mini two-game road trip, and Claude Julien has decided to make some changes to the lineup ahead of their game tonight against the Buffalo Sabres.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Shaw
Agostino-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Deslauriers-Peca-Hudon

Benn-Petry
Alzner-Reilly
Ouellet-Mete

Juulsen appears to be out.

This Sabres team is not one that is afraid to shoot the puck—putting up 40 or more shots on net in their last three games and five of their last seven—but as stated above, the volume of pucks hasn’t translated into a proportional volume of goals. Even still, the Canadiens cannot have a repeat of last game, where Buffalo outshot them 42-22 and enjoyed nearly twice as many faceoffs in the Habs’ defensive zone versus their own, and expect to walk out of the Bell Centre with two points on Thursday night.

For the Canadiens, Max Domi continued his torrid start to the season with his ninth goal of the year while Tomas Tatar broke a 10-game drought with a brace against the Rangers. However, the Canadiens will need more from their other weapons, including Jonathan Drouin (1 goal in his last five games, -7), Artturi Lehkonen, and Phillip Danault (both 0 goals in their last five games). The fourth line too needs to start contributing offensively, as Matthew Peca has one assist in 10 games while Nicolas Deslauriers will prepare to play in his 10th game since his return from injury having yet to hit the score sheet outside of the PIM category.

Carey Price will probably get the start on Thursday night, hoping to rebound from a 5-goals-against performance that was hardly entirely his fault. Across the ice from him, the Sabres will likely go with Carter Hutton, a career backup with career backup numbers (4-6-1 record, .909 save percentage). The Sabres do have another option though in backup Linus Ullmark (3-0-1, .934 save percentage). Ullmark played two games ago though, so unless coach Housley is intending to move towards a goaltending platoon or have Ullmark take over the starting position altogether, it should be Hutton who takes the Bell Centre ice for the anthems.

The last time these two teams met, coming in with all the momentum in the world, the Canadiens played their worst game of the year (to that point), yet were one minute and one bad call away from taking an undeserved point (and maybe more) against the Sabres. Clearly, the Habs have the talent and ability to take the full two points against a reeling Buffalo team on Thursday night—the question is whether they will rise to the occasion and seize the day, or will we see a repeat of October 25th?

13 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Ugg.   I am not loving some of the roster choices.   

Yup, pretty horrid looking. 

Kenny Agostino, 26 years old, 6', 200#,,,,,,,,,,,,4G, 6 A,, -5, ,,,,,,,,,,,2 PPG, 4 PPP. 

Buffs lines:

Skinner-Eichel-Pominville
Sobotka-Rodrigues-Reinhart
Sheary-Mittelstadt-Okposo
Berglund-Larsson-Girgensons

McCabe-Ristolainen
Scandella-Bogosian
Beaulieu-Dahlin

Ullmark

Edited by kinot-2

Probably gonna skip this one, really looking forward to Pacioretty's return on Saturday though.

10 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Probably gonna skip this one, really looking forward to Pacioretty's return on Saturday though.

Still not tired of watching Patches float?:)

30 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Alzner over Juulsen,,,,,,,,,,,,, really????

Right?  

I mean i get that Juulsen had some bad shifts but he's a rookie. GIve him a break. There is no chance of improvement in Alzner's game at this stage...

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Ugg.   I am not loving some of the roster choices.   

Juulsen the victim of letting Neal Pinok make him look like a pylon, I guess.

33 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Might as well get your $4.6 million worth with a few games! :lol:

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Right?  

I mean i get that Juulsen had some bad shifts but he's a rookie. GIve him a break. There is no chance of improvement in Alzner's game at this stage...

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Juulsen the victim of letting Neal Pinok make him look like a pylon, I guess.

TSN was saying that CJ said that Juulsen wasn't 100%. Now IMO, that could mean that NJ has a minor health problem or that he (NJ), wasn't as focused as he could be. Methinks it's the latter. 

Edited by kinot-2

1. On the one hand, Hudon has been awful lately. On the other hand, what has Shaw done that Hudon hasn't? And why does Agostino get an entry onto the 3rd line? If the thought was to move Hudon off the 1st (which is reasonable), I'd have preferred to see him moved to the 3rd line to play with JK. He's not going to have much support playing with Peca and Deslauriers.

2. Alzner for Juulsen is disappointing. Alzner for Mete was disappointing. Even if Juulsen's hurt, hard to believe that someone like Kulak isn't a better option than Alzner. And if Juulsen's not hurt and they really want to get Alzner in, Benn should 100% be the guy who sits. He's been brutal lately too and he's dragging down Petry.

TSN is sayin that Agostino was practicing on the 2nd PP unit. 

Tonight it will be the 1st overall pick, VS the 3rd overall pick. :)

Edited by kinot-2

8 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Tonight it will be the 1st overall pick, VS the 3rd overall pick. :)

kinot-1 vs. kinot-2?

55 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

1. On the one hand, Hudon has been awful lately. On the other hand, what has Shaw done that Hudon hasn't? And why does Agostino get an entry onto the 3rd line? If the thought was to move Hudon off the 1st (which is reasonable), I'd have preferred to see him moved to the 3rd line to play with JK. He's not going to have much support playing with Peca and Deslauriers.

2. Alzner for Juulsen is disappointing. Alzner for Mete was disappointing. Even if Juulsen's hurt, hard to believe that someone like Kulak isn't a better option than Alzner. And if Juulsen's not hurt and they really want to get Alzner in, Benn should 100% be the guy who sits. He's been brutal lately too and he's dragging down Petry.

I agree, but, probably the coaches answers:

1. Hudon is not defensively responsible to play with JK at this point. I think its a crock but its the same reason they've kept him with Armia, Lekhonen, Byron etc - defensively responsible wingers to insulate him. I dont believe he needs insulation but whatever, Im pretty sure thats why. In the limited times ive seen him im not sure i'd call Agostino a super 2 way player but he does play a simple game & Hudon is definitely high reward/high risk in his approach.

2. I do think Juulsen is still hurt. I do agree that someone like Kulak (who i honestly think may be our 5th best defensman if we brought him up) would be wayyyy better than alzner who probably ranks 10-12th in our system.  However, i do think Bergevin is trying to trade him. I have no idea if he has takers or not (im assuming we'd have to sweeten the deal majorly) and if we keep him out of the lineup indefinitely he'll never be traded.  I still dont think he will but thats the only positive (potential) i can see from dressing him. 

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

TSN was saying that CJ said that Juulsen wasn't 100%. Now IMO, that could mean that NJ has a minor health problem or that he (NJ), wasn't as focused as he could be. Methinks it's the latter. 

I actually think its the former.   A play like the one on the winning goal could easily be from him trying to play through something that is hampering his mobility. 

GO HABS GO!!!

Division game at Home!!! Come on Carey time for a big game. I actually don't have a problem with Hudon being on the 4th line he needs a wake up call. His last two games have probably been his worst defensively this season. With C.J. as the coach he's lucky we have injuries or I bet he would be sitting. I'm really hoping Mete and Druin can both be a lot better also they were both horrible last game too.                     

GO HABS GO!!!

1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

kinot-1 vs. kinot-2?

<_<

Suzuki and Romanov on Sportsnet now.

Ah yes Alzner..... i think i would prefer an actual pylon as we know at the very least what it will do. Alzner is afraid of the puck i think it scares him. we have so many better options than him! we do not have better options than say a Petry or a Reilly at the moment but Alzner? come on! this is a joke.

Whenever I hear Linus Ullmark's name I think of the Peanuts cartoons. :lol:

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

Wtf they started the 4th line seriously

Yes, they seriously did.