Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Plekanec to Retire

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I love how some people on here are now thanking Pleky for his service when at the beginning of the year they were insulting management and coaches for resigning him. Can we all say Hippocrates!!! 

Not sure how that's hypocrisy. He's had a great career and was always a class act in Montreal, one of the few bright lights on pretty bad teams to boot. People can be grateful for that and still criticize MB's decision to resign him. He's just not the same player anymore, his offense has completely evaporated and while he's still responsible enough defensively to play in a limited bottom six role, it makes absolutely no sense for a rebuilding/retooling team to use him this way.

Edited by ChiLla

7 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I love how some people on here are now thanking Pleky for his service when at the beginning of the year they were insulting management and coaches for resigning him. Can we all say Hippocrates!!! 

5 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Not sure how that's hypocrisy. He's had a great career and was always a class act in Montreal, one of the few bright lights on pretty bad teams to boot. People can be grateful for that and still criticize MB's decision to resign him. He's just not the same player anymore, his offense has completely evaporated and while he's still responsible enough defensively to play in a limited bottom six role, it makes absolutely no sense for a rebuilding/retooling team to use him this way.

Yeah, I don't see how that's hypocrisy either. You can believe Plekanec was a great Canadien and serviceable player for many years and also think the team should never have re-signed him. He's past his prime, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good before or that people think of him as being a bad person. Imagine the Habs decided Carey needed a break and re-signed Patrick Roy for the rest of the season, and then imagine he was expectedly brutal and let in 5 goals a game. Would you suddenly claim Roy was always a terrible goalie? No, but it would be reasonable to think this move was awful, even if he was a keystone of the franchise previously.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Yeah, I don't see how that's hypocrisy either. You can believe Plekanec was a great Canadien and serviceable player for many years and also think the team should never have re-signed him. He's past his prime, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good before or that people think of him as being a bad person. Imagine the Habs decided Carey needed a break and re-signed Patrick Roy for the rest of the season, and then imagine he was expectedly brutal and let in 5 goals a game. Would you suddenly claim Roy was always a terrible goalie? No, but it would be reasonable to think this move was awful, even if he was a keystone of the franchise previously.

Yeah no I wasn't saying that was hipocracy I was talking about the people that were saying they never liked Plekanec and felt he was overrated then they post here saying that he was a valued member of the team and he will be missed. I too always like Pleky but once camp was over realized that he didn't fit the new dynamic of the team.

I have no regrets with this and was actually looking forward to him coming back as our defensive play has become nonexistent. The decision may have cost us de la Rose, but Plecky doesn't owe us anything. Hopefully we see him coaching somewhere in the future.

Always liked the turtleneck.

Thank you, Plecky.

:5187:

On 11/10/2018 at 7:18 AM, BigTed3 said:

He was not my favorite Hab, but he did contribute to what success they had recently. This is more on the team and management than anything else. What I am saying is that their current struggles are more of a team thing than a Plecks thing.

I really don't have a favorite Hab right now, but this is again more an indication as to how bad they have become than anything Plekanec has done.