Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramcharger440

Claude Julien: to return in 2020-21

170 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Which is a hell of a lot better than every coach the Habs have had in that time span.

So that automatically make CJ a great coach? Just cause we had horrible coaches over the same span doesn't make CJ a good coach or even the best option at the time just the guy who MB liked the best that spoke French.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BREAKING: Renaud Lavoie says Bergevin has told him Julien will be back next season.

So unless MB goes too, it looks like the Habs will make zero changes yet again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

BREAKING: Renaud Lavoie says Bergevin has told him Julien will be back next season.

So unless MB goes too, it looks like the Habs will make zero changes yet again.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid Geoff.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not surprising to hear that Claude will be back. Heck, we're probably still paying Therrien. Can't imagine Claude getting canned with Therrien still on the books. Also... I don't really think Claude is our problem.

And yes, I fully expect Bergevin to be around next season too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put up another 8 game losing streak before season end and watch that tune change. That's assuming MB doesn't get ditched first.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

It's not surprising to hear that Claude will be back. Heck, we're probably still paying Therrien. Can't imagine Claude getting canned with Therrien still on the books. Also... I don't really think Claude is our problem.

And yes, I fully expect Bergevin to be around next season too.

I also dont think Claude is the (major) problem - like if we added the best coach in the NHL I dont think he'd get much more out of this team than kindly old claude, but i also think he's probably outlived his time here. 

 

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Put up another 8 game losing streak before season end and watch that tune change. That's assuming MB doesn't get ditched first.

THe only hope is that MB gets canned... although i dont see it.  Molson just doesnt have the guts to say "you know what mr. Bergevin? I dont think you know hockey as much as you claim to" 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Bergevin's playoff plan (i.e. IF YOU MAKE IT IN, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN), he's probably hoping ANYTHING will happen with the first overall draft pick. Maybe he's now banking on Lafreniere to save the team in 2020-21?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MB also doubled down and added that Weber and Price will not be moved in the off-season and will be with the Habs next year as well. So what we know from media reports:

- Julien will stay

- Price will stay

- Weber will stay

- He will try to re-sign Petry

- He will try to re-sign at least some of Tatar, Danault, Gallagher, and Armia

- He would like to trade a forward for a defenceman (La Presse article suggests it's Domi on his way out)

- He sees Romanov as a 3rd pairing guy next year

- He does not believe Caufield is ready for the AHL next year, never mind the NHL

 

... so short of winning the lottery and rafting Lafreniere, MB's plan for next season seems to be what it always is: hope the roster stays healthy so we can be a fringe playoff team.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

MB also doubled down and added that Weber and Price will not be moved in the off-season and will be with the Habs next year as well. So what we know from media reports:

- Julien will stay

- Price will stay

- Weber will stay

- He will try to re-sign Petry

- He will try to re-sign at least some of Tatar, Danault, Gallagher, and Armia

- He would like to trade a forward for a defenceman (La Presse article suggests it's Domi on his way out)

- He sees Romanov as a 3rd pairing guy next year

- He does not believe Caufield is ready for the AHL next year, never mind the NHL

 

... so short of winning the lottery and rafting Lafreniere, MB's plan for next season seems to be what it always is: hope the roster stays healthy so we can be a fringe playoff team.

Well at least MB isn't delusional or anything.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Like Bergevin's playoff plan (i.e. IF YOU MAKE IT IN, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN), he's probably hoping ANYTHING will happen with the first overall draft pick. Maybe he's now banking on Lafreniere to save the team in 2020-21?

"Well, you know, drafting is a bit of luck ... all we needed was our ball to come up and it didn't" .. - Bergevin when we don't win 1st overall

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to another year of mediocrity. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maas_art said:

Keep drinking that Kool Aid Geoff.

How much longer will Molson keep deluding himself that Bergevin and Julien are the answers to our problems?  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

MB also doubled down and added that Weber and Price will not be moved in the off-season and will be with the Habs next year as well. So what we know from media reports:

- Julien will stay

- Price will stay

- Weber will stay

- He will try to re-sign Petry

- He will try to re-sign at least some of Tatar, Danault, Gallagher, and Armia

- He would like to trade a forward for a defenceman (La Presse article suggests it's Domi on his way out)

- He sees Romanov as a 3rd pairing guy next year

- He does not believe Caufield is ready for the AHL next year, never mind the NHL

 

... so short of winning the lottery and rafting Lafreniere, MB's plan for next season seems to be what it always is: hope the roster stays healthy so we can be a fringe playoff team.

Nobody is going to out-tank Detroit this season. And it will be a miracle if the Habs get the overall #1 pick.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

Nobody is going to out-tank Detroit this season. And it will be a miracle if the Habs get the overall #1 pick.

That doesn't make Bergevin's inertia any more acceptable. It might make it worse. We're stuck in mediocrity, while teams that were worse than us, like Ott, Van, and the NYR pass us via re-builds while we pretend being a fringe playoff team is the goal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bergevin says "making changes just to make changes often doesn't work."

Yeah, but Marc, what about making changes because your team is bad?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Bergevin says "making changes just to make changes often doesn't work."

Yeah, but Marc, what about making changes because your team is bad?

Well, we all remember MB's ringing endorsement of Therrien. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say fans protest outside every enterance of the bell centre for the remainder of the season until MB and CJ are fired maybe that will get GM's attention

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I say fans protest outside every enterance of the bell centre for the remainder of the season until MB and CJ are fired maybe that will get GM's attention

I'd love that but I'm afraid the only message he's receptive to would be not attending games for the remainder of the season. Playing home games in a half-empty Bell Centre would certainly get Molson's attention.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChiLla said:

I'd love that but I'm afraid the only message he's receptive to would be not attending games for the remainder of the season. Playing home games in a half-empty Bell Centre would certainly get Molson's attention.

Even then, the Habs sellout streak stopped and attendance is down since Bergevin took over. Nothing has changed and no one seems concerned about our mediocrity at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it seems we will see CJ again next year, it is still possible that there may be some coaching changes... Richardson and or Muller perhaps?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, ChiLla said:

I'd love that but I'm afraid the only message he's receptive to would be not attending games for the remainder of the season. Playing home games in a half-empty Bell Centre would certainly get Molson's attention.

Yeah I more meant block all the entrances and not let anyone in. Unfortunately it will never happen though

Edited by campabee82
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

That doesn't make Bergevin's inertia any more acceptable. It might make it worse. We're stuck in mediocrity, while teams that were worse than us, like Ott, Van, and the NYR pass us via re-builds while we pretend being a fringe playoff team is the goal.

I totally agree with you on this one, BigTed3. In a couple of years, Detroit could bounce back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

I totally agree with you on this one, BigTed3. In a couple of years, Detroit could bounce back.

If they end up with Lafreniere - as well as the guys they already have  like Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Bertuzzi, Larkin, Hronek, and others? they might be good sooner rather than later. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, maas_art said:

If they end up with Lafreniere - as well as the guys they already have  like Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Bertuzzi, Larkin, Hronek, and others? they might be good sooner rather than later. 

What the Red Wings have been doing is stockpile draft picks and young players. They are going through some growing pains right now, but you just watch, they will rebound in the next couple of years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

What the Red Wings have been doing is stockpile draft picks and young players. They are going through some growing pains right now, but you just watch, they will rebound in the next couple of years.

Draft picks don't mean squat. Just look at McCarran, Beaulieu, Tinordi, and others.

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.