Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramcharger440

Claude Julien: to return in 2020-21

170 posts in this topic

Molson cannot be happy missing the playoffs year after year. Until I hear him give his support for MB for one more season. I am going to think that they are both gone at seasons end.

Even though they are bad right now, the Red Wings last two drafts have been rated quite high. Especially the one where they got Zadina. Many of them are just not ready yet for the NHL. I'm in agreement with Maas_Art. What they need to do is pick up a few good veterans to help them through this process. Steve Yzerman has a proven track record of taking lackluster teams and making winners out of them, unlike Bergevin. And to think MB was once a Red Wing.

Fired MT . Fire CJ . AT some point MB has to look at himself and maybe admit that the makeup of the team is not good . 

3 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Fired MT . Fire CJ . AT some point MB has to look at himself and maybe admit that the makeup of the team is not good . 

He needs to fire himself.

So if MB needed any reason to fire CJ it came last night after the game when CJ said that the Lightning were a way more tallented team. I understand that they are a better team but the last thing a player should hear from his coach is that the other team is more tallented. Say they played a better game or the executed their game plan better or even that they played with more urgency and finished their chances better but to come out and say they are more tallented that's just an insult to the players and organization

9 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

So if MB needed any reason to fire CJ it came last night after the game when CJ said that the Lightning were a way more tallented team. I understand that they are a better team but the last thing a player should hear from his coach is that the other team is more tallented. Say they played a better game or the executed their game plan better or even that they played with more urgency and finished their chances better but to come out and say they are more tallented that's just an insult to the players and organization

Sounds like something Bergevin himself would say... then try to explain it as being according to his plan

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Well. I guess. :ph34r:

I mean, it's the truth. Tampa is a better team than us. Effort level being equal, I would expect Tampa to win a game of hockey against us. I suppose that's why the swept the season series against us. Truthfully, yes, maybe Claude shouldn't have said that, but... Sometimes candor is refreshing.

18 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I mean, it's the truth. Tampa is a better team than us. Effort level being equal, I would expect Tampa to win a game of hockey against us. I suppose that's why the swept the season series against us. Truthfully, yes, maybe Claude shouldn't have said that, but... Sometimes candor is refreshing.

Not from a players perspective, I for one never wanted my coaches to ever say the other team was more tallented than ours. That would have made me lose respect and all trust in him that he could never get back

56 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Not from a players perspective, I for one never wanted my coaches to ever say the other team was more tallented than ours. That would have made me lose respect and all trust in him that he could never get back

I have no problem with a coach being candid and truthfull. He was also comenting on last nights game and if you look at last nights roster the team was very depleted. Players are professionals also and aren't so sensitive that hearing this is going to change their perspective or if it does they should grow up. The BS a coach says something and a player loses confidence :4845:than that or those players need to suck it up and actually be the professionals they're being paid to be! This is the NHL yes it can be harsh boo hoo to bad suck it up butter cup! I'm tired of hearing that professional athletes need to be pampered. 

13 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I have no problem with a coach being candid and truthfull. He was also comenting on last nights game and if you look at last nights roster the team was very depleted. Players are professionals also and aren't so sensitive that hearing this is going to change their perspective or if it does they should grow up. The BS a coach says something and a player loses confidence :4845:than that or those players need to suck it up and actually be the professionals they're being paid to be! This is the NHL yes it can be harsh boo hoo to bad suck it up butter cup! I'm tired of hearing that professional athletes need to be pampered. 

CJ= waste of time

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

EDIT I was referring to my own experiences as a former football player. No athlete wants to hear anyone from his organization saying that another team is more tallented. That's demoralizing, why would ANYONE want to play for a coach GM or teammate that doesn't believe in the abilities of the guys on the team. I am trying really hard right now to not be offended and am pissed at that entire statement. I have written many things right now that I have had to delete cause it would probably get me banned. You have no idea what it takes to be an athlete the work and respect and loyalty that goes into playing for the team and IF you think that a statement like what Julien said last night doesn't affect a players confidence when something as little as a scoring drought does than EDIT

Edited by H_T_L
Personal comment

On 3/5/2020 at 7:04 AM, tony5775 said:

Molson cannot be happy missing the playoffs year after year. Until I hear him give his support for MB for one more season. I am going to think that they are both gone at seasons end.

i hope you're right but i doubt it. I think Molson had drank the koolaid & believes MB will 'get there eventually"   Right now i think he's still making money as the owner so while he may want to win as a "fan" of the team i dont think is the biggest deal to him. 

3 hours ago, campabee82 said:

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah honestly i dont have an issue with what Julien said. First of all, no one on our squad is even close to being Kucherov, or Stamkos or Pointe.  And Weber and Price havent been at Hedman and vasilevskiy level for a few years.   This team lacks the talent TB has. Its no secret and there's really no point sugar coating it.  Add to the fact that some of our best players are playing hurt or sick or whatever - you know its just a fact.

I doubt if ANY player on the habs was in any way upset that julien said the Lightning were more talented. Its a non issue.  There's plenty of other reasons to say CJ needs to go but this is not one of them. 

I'm only editing posts this time, but if this escalates into the trading of personal insults,,, warnings are next. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I'm only editing posts this time, but if this escalates into the trading of personal insults,,, warnings are next. 

He attacked me and was allowed to get away with it but my post gets editted NICE!!!!!!!!!! Maybe attacked is the wrong word more like insulted seeing as I said it was my own experience

Edited by campabee82

Just now, campabee82 said:

He attacked me and was allowed to get away with it but my post gets editted NICE!!!!!!!!!!

I've read his post and saw him disagreeing with you without being called names. Read his post again that you quoted and you'll see he was talking about the coach. If you want to discuss this further then take it to private message.

6 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I've read his post and saw him disagreeing with you without being called names. Read his post again that you quoted and you'll see he was talking about the coach. If you want to discuss this further then take it to private message.

It was the way I felt when he posted it like it was a direct insult to me for stating my experiences. With regard for the edits to my post, I thought I removed those parts and apologize for them making it through I had written way more insulting things and knew I had to erase them. I just missed those two before posting

We're all just probably as frustrated as I'm sure Brendan Gallagher is missing the playoffs for ANOTHER season. :lol:

its deja vu all over again..............

You would think that Julien would have tried to do something to get his players to play beyond their abilities. Sure, he could have said what he said, but he could have then said those guys on the other team don't know your heart. Check out this clip by my guy Jack Lengyel in the movie We Are Marshall. I have been to the cemetery where that speech took place. I have my master's degree from Marshall. I miss that place and want very badly to go back to the area. I made so many friends, many who have connection to the 1971 Young Thundering Herd portrayed in this movie. I wish Julien could have gone about it something like this.

Against Flyers in the playoffs, it's Julien vs Vigneault.  Curent coach vs ex-coach.

IIRC, the last time this happened was also the last time the Habs qualified directly during the 2017 playoffs. Also Julien vs Vigneault then.

Expecting a different outcome this time, eh? :5141: