Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramcharger440

Power Play?

39 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I'd still be OK with him on the staff (player development?) but something needs to change on the PP strategy. 

Agreed.  My understanding is that Muller has taken the old Gallant role as the intermediary between players & coach.  Albeit with Julien its probably less necessary than it was under Therrien but even still i think its always helpful to have relatable assistant manager or assistant principle in any organization. 

But I really think we need to try someone else running the PP.  Maybe a totally fresh insight like Ducharme. 

Two short-handed goals in the past two games. B) Perhaps we should be trying to go a man down and not a man up!

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Two short-handed goals in the past two games. B) Perhaps we should be trying to go a man down and not a man up!

It would certainly seem that way. 

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Haha.  Well if nothing else, id just tell the guys to go play like its a regular 5 on 5 shift.  Maybe leave the lines the same?  I dunno. Ive never seen such a long run of futility with (seemily) more than enough potential weapons to get the job done!

Well, at least our PP didn't suck last night. 

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Well, at least our PP didn't suck last night. 

Yes!   0 for 0 = 100%!  

The league worst power play. 

While it has shown a tiny, tiny bit of improvement over the last week or two, it still sits in the bottom of the NHL with a success rate of just 12.6%.

Having seen enough, Canadiens head coach Claude Julien took over the Habs' power play at practice today. 

Not only was he running the drill, but Julien stopped the play repeatedly to make sure that the team had everything right. 

Over the weekend Julien even gave Charles Hudon a shot on the power play hoping he could inspire something. 

22 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

While it has shown a tiny, tiny bit of improvement over the last week or two, it still sits in the bottom of the NHL with a success rate of just 12.6%.

Having seen enough, Canadiens head coach Claude Julien took over the Habs' power play at practice today. 

Not only was he running the drill, but Julien stopped the play repeatedly to make sure that the team had everything right. 

Over the weekend Julien even gave Charles Hudon a shot on the power play hoping he could inspire something. 

Well he's shown a hell of a lot more patience then i would have. For the life of me i can't figure out why he waited so long. 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Well he's shown a hell of a lot more patience then i would have. For the life of me i can't figure out why he waited so long. 

Yes, about time.   Im not sure if Julien will be better at figuring things out but he's a quality coach, he should be able to do something different at least.   With this group of players and the fact we play so well at 5-on-5 its absolutely baffling we have had such an abysmal powerplay.  If anything it to the point where  the opposition should to try to take penalties to kill our 5-on-5 momentum!

16 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yes, about time.   Im not sure if Julien will be better at figuring things out but he's a quality coach, he should be able to do something different at least.   With this group of players and the fact we play so well at 5-on-5 its absolutely baffling we have had such an abysmal powerplay.  If anything it to the point where  the opposition should to try to take penalties to kill our 5-on-5 momentum!

There has to be a psychological side to this problem for the players, as this has continued too long for sure. I still believe that under the circumstance, as it is, rolling the lines would be the best thing to do rather than trying to get chemistry where it has been non-consistent/productive to say the least.

Still trying to recover from the fact we scored a goal! may take a bit 10-20 games or so.....

I've thought all along with this that the biggest issue has been getting posesion to begin with and keeping it across the blue line...they're playing puck puck who wants the puck...trying some b/s fancy play set up.....and we always get smoked before we get a shot off...then the cycle repeats itself.....for God's sake guys >> one of ya skate with the puck as far in toward the net as you can go(and get the first shot off)  and the rest of you haul ass to hold the zone !!    just sayin........

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Still trying to recover from the fact we scored a goal! may take a bit 10-20 games or so.....

To get another?:lol:

18 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

To get another?:lol:

probably!