The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

World Juniors

BigTed3

Brooks maybe the answer to our defense. He looks like a guy that can step in very soon. Maybe trading for some one is not necessary, but if we do it should be Edler from the Canucks. Would not take much to get him. UFA at the end of the year. With him beside Weber who knows.

Alexander Romanov may be our best at this tournament. Nest season is looking very exciting. 

3 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Brooks maybe the answer to our defense. He looks like a guy that can step in very soon. Maybe trading for some one is not necessary, but if we do it should be Edler from the Canucks. Would not take much to get him. UFA at the end of the year. With him beside Weber who knows.

Alexander Romanov may be our best at this tournament. Nest season is looking very exciting. 

Romanov looks like a nice surprise, but both he and Brook are far from being sure things. I don't see Brook stepping in the way Subban did and becoming a top 4 guy right away. And even though he plays the left side sometimes, he's still a righty. Don't think it'll be a seamless transition. I can see Brook making the team next year, but more as a 3rd pairing guy or something similar to what we're getting from Mete right now. Would be overkill to ask him to be Weber's partner right away.

As for Romanov, I suspect he'll stay in Russia at least another year and that he's minimum 2-3 years away from joining the Habs.

The best we can hope for, IMO, is that you can roll Mete-Juulsen, Reilly-Brook as your bottom 4 D men and that you deal one of Weber or Petry to find a top pairing left-handed D man as the return.

• H_T_L locked this topic