HabsRuleForever

Nick Suzuki

133 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, maas_art said:

We didnt draft him though :P

The funny thing is that the rumour was that when started talking to Vegas about Pacioretty, MB REALLY wanted Cody Glass - like to the point of taking Glass + Tatar & no pick.  But Vegas was adamant that Glass was not available.  They offered Suzuki + 2nd as a consolation prize & MB and Timmins both did like Suzuki a lot so they were ok with it.

Im sure that Glass and Suzuki will both have amazing careers & its obviously super early but right now im kind of glad we got Nick and not Cody!

I also heard a rumour / report that Vegas was balking big time on letting Suzuki go ...so far Glass 39 games played 5 goals and 7 assists and -7 ...Suzuki  59 games 12 goals and 24 assists and a -4 ….Tatar has been every bit as productive as Pacioretty and Montreal got Struble with the pick ..Bergevin couldn't have made a better deal than this one with the possible exception of Danault and Romanov for Weise and Fleishmann ...

19 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

I also heard a rumour / report that Vegas was balking big time on letting Suzuki go ...so far Glass 39 games played 5 goals and 7 assists and -7 ...Suzuki  59 games 12 goals and 24 assists and a -4 ….Tatar has been every bit as productive as Pacioretty and Montreal got Struble with the pick ..Bergevin couldn't have made a better deal than this one with the possible exception of Danault and Romanov for Weise and Fleishmann ...

Agree.

Just a tiny correction though:  We picked Struble with our own pick (46th overall)  The Vegas pick was 50th overall & we traded it to LA for two picks (64th and 126th overall) that turned into Norlinder and Leguerrier.  Its still very early but i dont have a ton of hope for Leguerrier - but Norlinder - looks like he could still have top 4 potential. That could be a steal of a pick in the 3rd round. 

So in the end it was Pacioretty for:   Suzuki, Tatar, Norlinder & Leguerrier

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Agree.

Just a tiny correction though:  We picked Struble with our own pick (46th overall)  The Vegas pick was 50th overall & we traded it to LA for two picks (64th and 126th overall) that turned into Norlinder and Leguerrier.  Its still very early but i dont have a ton of hope for Leguerrier - but Norlinder - looks like he could still have top 4 potential. That could be a steal of a pick in the 3rd round. 

Thx for the correction …… apparently Vegas got a guy named Samuel Fagemo for that pick ….Timmins and the guys must have felt  Norlinder or some other player was  flying under the radar ….that too is what makes the draft so interesting and scouting so vital …

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Agree.

... which is a really good yield for trading Max, even if the Knights are happy with the trade too. And this is exactly why it makes sense for us to look at trading guys like Petry, Tatar, Weber, or so on. We may be able to get a package of guys that keeps us better for longer instead of just watching a guy decline or have his contract expire.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, maas_art said:

We didnt draft him though :P

The funny thing is that the rumour was that when started talking to Vegas about Pacioretty, MB REALLY wanted Cody Glass - like to the point of taking Glass + Tatar & no pick.  But Vegas was adamant that Glass was not available.  They offered Suzuki + 2nd as a consolation prize & MB and Timmins both did like Suzuki a lot so they were ok with it.

Im sure that Glass and Suzuki will both have amazing careers & its obviously super early but right now im kind of glad we got Nick and not Cody!

Wow I forgot about us not drafting him! too many wiggly pops!

What a game for a rookie in his first series ever! best center we have had in a long time!

4 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

What a game for a rookie in his first series ever! best center we have had in a long time!

If he's not already (and its getting close) he should be our best forward within a year of two.   He looks better every game.  Cant say enough about this kid.  Defensively too. What a smart player. 

Once Domi catches up to the play/conditioning (he looked pretty bad last night) I wonder if he gets bumped up to Nick's line.