The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

TRADE DEADLINE FEB. 25th

H_T_L

Eklund says we're talking to Edmonton about Lucic.

So here's my thoughts:
1) its eklund so dont worry too much.

2) MB was shunned by Lucic once - generally speaking that means he will never ever had interest in that player again, so i really question it

3) IF there's any truth to it, you have to think we'd be sending Alzner (at very least) the other way, if not a couple of other negative contracts.  Edmonton had better be sending us a top flight young player like Klefbom to offset Lucy's horrendous contract. 

4) Weise + Lucic = very interesting team dinners. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

So here's my thoughts:

2) MB was shunned by Lucic once - generally speaking that means he will never ever had interest in that player again, so i really question it

3) IF there's any truth to it, you have to think we'd be sending Alzner (at very least) the other way, if not a couple of other negative contracts.  Edmonton had better be sending us a top flight young player like Klefbom to offset Lucy's horrendous contract. 

Play him on our 4th with Weise. See who survives the death threats.:4224:

Weal is a bit smaller, but he's faster and more useful than Chaput. He's also a right-handed guy who can take face-offs if ever we need it. The problem is the logjam on the 4th line with Weise also recalled. So that's now Weise, Weal, Thompson, Peca, Hudon, and Deslauriers all sitting there. No room for all of them, so almost guaranteed Hudon is being traded and/or there's another move or injury to announce soon enough.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Weal is a bit smaller, but he's faster and more useful than Chaput. He's also a right-handed guy who can take face-offs if ever we need it. The problem is the logjam on the 4th line with Weise also recalled. So that's now Weise, Weal, Thompson, Peca, Hudon, and Deslauriers all sitting there. No room for all of them, so almost guaranteed Hudon is being traded and/or there's another move or injury to announce soon enough.

Yeah i thought it was weird Weise was recalled.  Have to assume at least 1 player is on the move.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Guess you could say that right now, with the logjam, our new acquisition is a bit of a 5th Weal.

Just now, maas_art said:

Yeah i thought it was weird Weise was recalled.  Have to assume at least 1 player is on the move.

Apparently the roster limit no longer applies after midnight last night, which is why they could recall him (previously he was waiver-exempt, so he was one of the few guys other than JK or Mete we could demote without losing). But still, no need for 6 fourth-liners counting against the cap for nothing.

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

My 20  bucks on DLO offer is still out there. No takers yet.:4224:

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Apparently the roster limit no longer applies after midnight last night, which is why they could recall him (previously he was waiver-exempt, so he was one of the few guys other than JK or Mete we could demote without losing). But still, no need for 6 fourth-liners counting against the cap for nothing.

Oh right! Forgot about roster limit restrictions being removed.  Still, you'd think theyd want some bodies in laval!

23 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

yeah I think this is a good deal. We are talking abou 4th line players, the fact that he is right handed and has more points than Chaput is enough for me

28 minutes ago, maas_art said:

So here's my thoughts:

Its Eklund, I hate even commenting but if Alzner goes the other way and we can pick Puljujarvi too, then I wouldn't HATE it... but I'd still rather not. If we get Klefbom, I am all in!

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Guess you could say that right now, with the logjam, our new acquisition is a bit of a 5th Weal.

Ha Ha!

Wish I could express how funny I think that is ......... no, can't come up with anything.  :P

On 2019-01-15 at 7:41 PM, H_T_L said:

Am i the only one who thinks Mete has done a solid job as the #1 LD??? Is there anybody out there that's available that could come in and do a better job?

No, I see Mete as our #1leftie.  In fact, I think you could convince NYI to sell low on Leddy and put him in that #2 lefty spot beside Petry and hopefully see a resurgence in his game.

• H_T_L locked this topic