The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:07 PM ET Montreal @ Tampa Bay HNIC, TVAS, SUN S

kinot-2

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Borrow one for the POs. :)

So I can break that one too? This team is so frustrating to watch. In Price's last 9 losses the team has scored 1 goal or less in 8 of them. The more things change, the more they stay the same. And by the same I mean Julien.

Refreshing from Julien's post-game presser to hear some of the truth. He stated that Drouin forced the play leading to the 2nd goal and that he did the same thing in Nashville. He also called the refs out for weak calls on Danault and Deslauriers, which is also true. I'm hoping the coaching staff does something to teach Drouin the lesson though. Saying it out loud is one thing, but when one of your supposed top players continues to make lazy high-risk passes, there has to be a real consequence to it. IMO, Drouin could do to be removed from the 1st PP unit. He isn't producing there anyways, so may as well use that as punishment.

4 hours ago, habby67 said:

I hope this removes any false expectations this team can contend. Lots of things to fix and a lot more youthful injection is required.

This game taught me two things, how close they are to contending but also how much work lies ahead in order to get there...anyway, in all reality TB is legitimately the only contender if we're using them as a mold.  There is NO other team like them this season, nor do I remember there being one this good in the reg season for a long while.  Considering the cap era, this might be the very best team from top to bottom yet...in the regular season.  I want to keep telling myself that it will be a completely different story come playoffs but TB is too good, I don't think anyone can beat them in a 7 game series, they are too deep, too explosive, too defensively strong and their goalie is good too.  

13 minutes ago, FanFromAB said:

This game taught me two things, how close they are to contending but also how much work lies ahead in order to get there...anyway, in all reality TB is legitimately the only contender if we're using them as a mold.  There is NO other team like them this season, nor do I remember there being one this good in the reg season for a long while.  Considering the cap era, this might be the very best team from top to bottom yet...in the regular season.  I want to keep telling myself that it will be a completely different story come playoffs but TB is too good, I don't think anyone can beat them in a 7 game series, they are too deep, too explosive, too defensively strong and their goalie is good too.   I

They may not beat be beat in a 7 game series, but they do have to win 16 of 28 games. Can they do that? A lot can happen in the POs, Vaseline could get injured, Stamkos, Injured, Kucherov same thing. Every team that plays them, will want to be the team that brings them down. Those teams will up their game.

37 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

They may not beat be beat in a 7 game series, but they do have to win 16 of 28 games. Can they do that? A lot can happen in the POs, Vaseline could get injured, Stamkos, Injured, Kucherov same thing. Every team that plays them, will want to be the team that brings them down. Those teams will up their game.

No doubt about that but every team can have guys that get injured, I just think that with their depth they are the most likely to weather that storm. Plus I did qualify my statement by stating that they are the best reg season team I remember in recent memory...yet to prove that in the playoffs. Time will tell but right now there is no one even close to them in this league...and it's not that the rest of the league is bad, it's that TB is that good. AND I HATE IT! 

Remember the Habs as an 8th placed team also took down Washington and Pittsburgh with Halak in nets. That Washington team put up a great record in the regular season and had Ovi, Backstrom, Semin, Green, etc. Even teams with lots of talent can be beaten, and this Lightning group has never won a Cup. The key would be to stay out of the box. I think we can play with them at 5v5, but we absolutely don't have the special teams to match up.

i thought the team did quite well for the most part. we did play the hands down best team in the nhl here. we are not as bad as the last couple of games seem to make people feel we are but we still have two glaring issues we have had since the start of the year, no #2 left d man and we are missing a fast moving reliable sniper to compliment all the playmakers we have. we are also missing Byrons speed.

• H_T_L locked this topic